location based lag just started inexplicably

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by zaphodx, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

zaphodx

I'm sorry if this is wrong section!
    My sever was running for just over a week with no problems or lag at all. Now many of my players are experiencing chat lag and worldholes. I am hosting in the UK and playing off the same machine I'm hosting on. Currently anyone in Europe seems to be getting a fine connection, but US players are getting unplayable lag.

My plugins:
    Autosave
    Essentials
    Heroic death
    ichat
    iconomy
    iconomychestshop
    jobs
    lockette
    mchange
    nocheat
    permissions
    worldedit
    worldguard

What I have tried:
    restarting computer
    restarting server
    restarting router

I am on a 10mb down and 1mb upstream fibre-optic broadband connection. My computer is not experiencing CPU lag, my bandwidth limit hasn't been exceeded, my upstream/downstream speeds are what they should be. I upgraded the server program to start with 4gb dedicated RAM on 64bit java JRE7.
    my computer:
    quad core 3.4GHz
    8Gb RAM
    64bit win7
    64bit JRE7 Java

I've tried when I'm not playing and just hosting and I get the same result. I've also tried on a brand new fresh vanilla server with a new world and it still happens. The server worked fine with 7-8 people simultaneously and now with just 1 American player they have massive lag.

Basically everything worked fine and now my american players get unplayable lag - any suggestions would be much appreciated, I'll try anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.