Solved Loading schematic files in a plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by blue1, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

blue1

I have a plugin wherein is a command "checkers create" and it is supposed to create a checkerboard pattern. I want this to load a pre-made schematic file and paste it at their location, but I am unsure as to how to go about it. Please don't tell me to google it, I already have and it turned up nothing.

2. Offline

GamerzKing

3. Offline

Xerox262

Hook into world edit, get the schematic and then paste it. Search the world edit documentation to find out how to do it.

4. Offline

GamerzKing

With the link I sent, you don't need to use WorldEdit, however many still do regardless.

5. Offline

blue1

@GamerzKing
    @Xerox262
    I know how to use World Edit, and every single aspect of it. but that's not what I asked.
    I want to know how to implement World Edit into the plugin itself, so that when someone puts a schematic file into this plugin's folder, it gets the schematic and binds it to the command mentioned above.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  6. Offline

mythbusterma

@blue1

You obviously don't know the API aspect of it. Which is what you asked.

You want to reimplement WorldEdit? Or use it in your plugin? Because both ways have already been answered.

7. Offline

blue1

@mythbusterma Apparently I didn't understand the answers.
    What I want is for a player to be able to put a .schematic file into the folder that would be created inside the plugin's folder. Then the plugin will use that .schematic to create the "arena" on command.
    Is "hooking in" to World Edit just using it in the Build Path as an external .jar and importing it?

8. Offline

mythbusterma

@blue1

That would be the implication, yes. Alternatively, you can use your own code to do it.

9. Offline

blue1

@mythbusterma
    Thanks! I'll try this out.
    Could I have a clue or a tip on how the "use schematic at player's location" would go? Something to get me started?

10. Offline

mythbusterma

@blue1

That depends, are you using Worldedit or not?

11. Offline

blue1

I'd prefer to not use World Edit. I really know little about the use of .schematic files outside World Edit, but I prefer to not use any external .jar files beside the basic spigot.jar that, of course, must be imported. :p

12. Offline

mythbusterma

@blue1

Then read Gamerz post. It describes how to load them without WorldEdit.

13. Offline

blue1

GamerzKing likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.