Lighting in a radius

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Ramballah, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone, so i've been struggling with my own minecraft survival server... I've gone all the way to make a flush mob farm that works but then i was wondering why it didnt work and then I learned that mob behaviour works like that with 128 block radius... so i either need to build it in a sea or high in the sky. Now rebuilding is all cool and stuff but my intention was that i just sit in my home and let the mobgrinder grind and not sit all the way in sky high.. So i went looking for a plugin that lights up in a radius but never could find one... I might just be dumb and not know how to search properly. But basically what im looking for is a plugin that can light in a certain block radius so i can just stay at my home and let the mob grinder do its thing.
    I did found an old forum that had a similar question but that was from 2012 so i'm sure the plugin doesnt work... https://bukkit.org/threads/place-remove-torches-in-a-specified-command-radius.109832/
    My server is running 1.14.4 if there is even a solution i would gladly take it!!
    Thanks in advance

Maybe if its possible to just enable mobspawning more or something? like removing a limit? i just need any solution really...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2019
  2. Offline

crazicrafter1

So if I understand correctly, mobs aren't spawning in the grinder because your too far away in your house from the grinder and/or mobs are spawning in unlit caves underground? Lighting up areas without torches seems too buggy/finicky, so I could make a plugin like the one you linked but instead for 1.14.4 (place torches in a radius).
    I can start working on this tomorrow and will have more details then.

I've finished the plugin, here it is https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/torchlight.70034/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2019
  3. This is amazing!! Thank you so much!!! I assume i just do 128 4 instead of 100 4 or something?

4. Offline

crazicrafter1

128 will probably work.
    The placing of torches is in a square-like fashion, and is not circular. I kinda put the plugin together quickly without adding much arguments, so the <caves> argument is the only argument, and it fills from level 63 to bedrock with torches.

5. thanks so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.