Lighting in a radius

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Ramballah, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Offline

Ramballah

Hello everyone, so i've been struggling with my own minecraft survival server... I've gone all the way to make a flush mob farm that works but then i was wondering why it didnt work and then I learned that mob behaviour works like that with 128 block radius... so i either need to build it in a sea or high in the sky. Now rebuilding is all cool and stuff but my intention was that i just sit in my home and let the mobgrinder grind and not sit all the way in sky high.. So i went looking for a plugin that lights up in a radius but never could find one... I might just be dumb and not know how to search properly. But basically what im looking for is a plugin that can light in a certain block radius so i can just stay at my home and let the mob grinder do its thing.
    I did found an old forum that had a similar question but that was from 2012 so i'm sure the plugin doesnt work... https://bukkit.org/threads/place-remove-torches-in-a-specified-command-radius.109832/
    My server is running 1.14.4 if there is even a solution i would gladly take it!!
    Thanks in advance

Maybe if its possible to just enable mobspawning more or something? like removing a limit? i just need any solution really...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2019
  2. Offline

Ramballah

Bump :l

3. Offline

crazicrafter1

So if I understand correctly, mobs aren't spawning in the grinder because your too far away in your house from the grinder and/or mobs are spawning in unlit caves underground? Lighting up areas without torches seems too buggy/finicky, so I could make a plugin like the one you linked but instead for 1.14.4 (place torches in a radius).
    I can start working on this tomorrow and will have more details then.

I've finished the plugin, here it is https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/torchlight.70034/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2019
  4. Offline

Ramballah

This is amazing!! Thank you so much!!! I assume i just do 128 4 instead of 100 4 or something?

5. Offline

crazicrafter1

128 will probably work.
    The placing of torches is in a square-like fashion, and is not circular. I kinda put the plugin together quickly without adding much arguments, so the <caves> argument is the only argument, and it fills from level 63 to bedrock with torches.

6. Offline

Ramballah

thanks so much!