Question Licensing for posting Bukkit Plugins?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ShadowDust99, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ShadowDust99

Hi all,
    So I have a good idea for a plugin, and am currently working on it now. Only problem I have, is licensing. I saw on the page where you post your plugins (The Bukkit Dev page) that you have to select your license. I have a couple of questions with this:

1: Do I actually have to pay for "All rights reserved" or the other licenses
    2: What do all of the different licenses actually mean? I just want one that doesn't force me to distribute a source code, and one that stops people from copying the plugin.
    3: What do I put for "Custom License Name" and "Custom License Text"?

Please help as soon as possible, thanks!

2. Offline

17xDillz1997

You do not pay for a licence. It's just the law protecting your plugin.

You do not fill out the 'Custom licence name' and Custom license text' if you choose a license listed. That's if you want your own one. I would choose 'All rights Reserved' for you which is in the drop down box.

3. Offline

ShadowDust99

Ok, so "All Rights Reserved" would mean that I don't need to release a source code and that no one can copy the plugin?

Is there any thing else I should know about the "All rights reserved" license?

4. Offline

17xDillz1997

Not really. You could research the license but it does do what you want. As the same suggests, it protects modification of your plugin and the source code is not released under your permission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.