Learn to code plugins

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by BaconGamesnl, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BaconGamesnl

Hey everyone,

I, am a new Bukkit developer and i really like it to make my own plugins and functions in game. (things like: When you leave your bed the server says: Good morning etc. xD).

But in the future I want to make bigger plugins that add really epic things and making my own minigames and do it on my server with friends.

But how did you learn to code plugins? I follow tutorials on Youtube! They are really helpfull and I learn very much things for making my own plugin.

Are there some ways that you can prefer me (and other beginners) and if you say: Youtube. Do you know the channel(s) you followed?

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

DoggyCode™

I really suggest reading the Java and Bukkit documentation and use your imagination. The Bukkit API really offers a lot of (like.. really a ton) cool features.

4. Offline

teej107

@BaconGamesnl I learned Java first. Java is the programming language that you use when writing Bukkit plugins. The Bukkit API is just an API. Language > API

5. Offline

RoboticPlayer

Pogostick29Dev. Don't say you followed TheBCBroz, he teaches awful practices.

6. Offline

BaconGamesnl

I learn Java on school so i know the basics from coding in Java.

Currently i use the tutorials from: StormCoreFilms. They are really nice and he explains everything clearly. I also saw some video's from the Pogostick29Dev. But i don't watch him at the moment because i don't think it is a good idea to watch 2 tutorials from 2 different people at the same time.

I also don't like TheBCBroz. It is mainly doing what he does but he don't explain very much what he is doing.

7. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@BaconGamesnl, whatever you do, don't use TheBCBroz. If we had the ability to shut him down, we would have done it years ago. He teaches you to do things you should never do with Bukkit or Java in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.