lava ontop of bed stuck in bed spawn death loop

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by APhilosopher, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

APhilosopher

i remember it used to be that when a bed was broke or obstructed then the user would be sent to the default spawn instead, this is how i want it, but for some reason now my players on my server are being sent to their bed even if it is broken removed obstructed or covered in lava,

this is predictably causeing alot of problems, how do i set it so that a broken/obstructed bed will send the user back to default spawn?

here is the only relevent detail in my plugins relating to beds. it is from essentials
    -
    # When users die, should they respawn at their homes, instead of the spawnpoint?
    respawn-at-home: true

# When a user interacts with a bed, should their home be set to that location?
    # If you enable this and remove default user access to the /sethome command, you can make beds the only way for players to set their home location.
    bed-sethome: true

#if no home is set send you to spawn when /home is used
    spawn-if-no-home: true

i have tried setting bed-sethome: false

and when doing that the user will never spawn at their bed, no matter is condition after sleeping in it or anything, they always go back to spawn.

what i want here is for my server to have no teleporting of any kind, no /home no /spawn,

only set spawn by sleeping in a bed, and ability to get back to default spawn by breaking bed and dieing, thats it, i cant seem to get one option without losing the other

active plugins (likely irrelevant)

mcmyadmin
    adminchat
    essentials
    groupmanager
    heroicdeath
    iconomy
    iconomychestshop
    localshops
    lwc
    mcmmo
    nocheat
    residence
    weathercontrol
    worldedit

so....15 hours later and still no reply. what am i missing here? did i not provide enough info? is the answer so obvious that no one wants to waste time pointing it out to me? or is it just that literaly nobody knows the solution?
    help please?

omg atleast 10 times now i have gone through these 3 settings -

# When users die, should they respawn at their homes, instead of the spawnpoint?
    respawn-at-home: true

# If you enable this and remove default user access to the /sethome command, you can make beds the only way for players to set their home location.
    bed-sethome: true

spawn-if-no-home: true

and set them all to false, tried that, didnt work, set one to true, one at a time, didnt work, tried doing this in combo with deleting player files to erase record of sethome's still didnt work,

AARRRGGGHHHHH how do i get it the way i want it to be, were minecraft will by default set your spawn to your bed but not if the bed gets broken,

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

APhilosopher

ok now i have even placed this plugin jar into my server in hopes it would solve this

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-bedrespawn-3-4-minimalistic-invisible-1000.13676/page-5

this line from the plugin developer - new check if the bed you right-clicked is still there, if it's destroyed you will respawn at the default respawn location

indicates to me that it should allow me to setindividual spawn by sleeping in a bed and then a broken/obstructed bed will send the user back to default spawn,

however the plugin has had absolutely no effect,

i still cannot get beds to set spawn without using essentials to bed=sethome, and when doing that i can not get a broken obstructed bed to redirect to default spawn, bed=sethome+spawn=home means broken/obstructed bed=spawn in broken/obstructed bed.

DAMNIT

3. Offline

ImminentFate

Hey, sorry about your problem
    I believe that the reason this is happening is because you use essentials. Essentials is quite useful - I use it myself sometimes. However, it is probably the most buggy thing I have seen in my life. The teleport functions in it do not always work correctly and sometimes, like in your case, screw up completely.
    I suggest you try something else, like AdminCMD or CommandBook for general commands and use a simple home plugin

Hope this helps :)

4. Offline

APhilosopher

i was beginning to suspect that, damnit! thank you much for your help, you have affirmed the suspicion i was in denial of.

is there anyway to deactivate essentials bedcheckhome function?

i was almost tempted to put a # in each line in that section to see if that would deactive that function but decided not to try it, would that work?

and i dont want any home function on the server at all no teleporting whatsoever, this way item transport is not done without actual travel as well no one can run from a fight, and no one can pop into the spawn area fully armored,

but i do want them to be able to get to there homes upon death via beds, as well id like it if they could get back to spawn via death if bed obstructed or broken,

seems like a pretty big fuckup that essentials prevents this option especially considering this is an option notch himself included into the game,

5. Offline

ImminentFate

well, you could try the "#" option, but you should back up your server just in case.
    If you don't want any teleport functions or anything, you can use permissions to disable certain commands.
    And, they should go to the spawn anyway if their bed is missing or obstructed. Maybe essentials or residence(maybe) is permanently setting their spawn when they sleep

6. Offline

APhilosopher

tried placing a comment "#" in each line

#respawn-at-home: false

#bed-sethome: false

#spawn-if-no-home: false

and the thing still works, so comment didnt disable the thing
    i also tried a few plugins

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/gen-homespawnplus-v0-7-multiworld-home-spawn-1000.24098/page-2

didn't work to fix the lavaonbed-death-respawninlava loop,

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-bedrespawn-3-4-minimalistic-invisible-1000.13676/

also didnt work to fix the loop

none of these attempts could get me out of the lavaonbed-death-respawninlava loop

until i found this plugin - http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fix-rpg-spawnbed-v1-0-spawn-at-your-bed-factions-1000.30883/

:D :D :D :D its fixed!! cant believe i spent so many hours on that one little issue, xD anyhow, thanks to that simple plugin my server players will not spawn on a bed covered in lava and will be sent to default spawn, but will spawn on their bed if it is not obstructed or covered in lava, very awesomesauce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.