Lag on my Private Bukkit server all of a sudden? (Increased Ping/Lag Spikes)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Masift, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Masift

So I'm hosting a minecraft bukkit server on my computer with 2gb of ram, and I've never had any issue before. When I first made this server, it was running smooth as butter, couldn't complain. Then, all of a sudden, everyone on my server is getting a lot of lag for no reason. The server will sometimes freeze completely, nobody can do anything for a solid 30 seconds, yet chat still works. Either this will happen, or players will get incredibly high ping. I don't understand what the issue is. I know for sure it is not an issue with my internet, because while this is happening, I have done a speedtest, and got 83.7 mbps Download, and 85mbps Upload. Which is what I normally get. This issue just started happening out of nowhere, and I don't know what could be causing it.

Using: Craftbukkit 1.8.8 (I tried spigot and made no difference)
    Plugins using:
    EssentialsX-2.0.1
    Lockette
    PermissionsEx
    WorldEdit

Computer Specs
    CPU: i5-4670K @3.4 gHz
    GPU: MSI Geforce Gtx 970 4GB
    Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
    C drive: Samsung 850 Pro Evo 500Gb SSD
    Storage: 2 1 Tb WD Hard Drives

Internet Speed (Again)
    Download: 84mbps (peak)
    Upload 92mbps (peak)

2. Offline

I Al Istannen

@Masift
    A log of when that happens? Either the latest.log file in the /logs folder or in the console would help.

3. Offline

Masift

....how would that help me at all? Its just the logs, it doesn't say anything out of the ordinary

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

It does for us.

5. Offline

Masift

What are you taking about? The logs are literally just the server chat and commands used, and I never mentioned anything about logs in my post. Do you even know what you're talking about? The logs don't tell you when the server is lagging. Not for me at least.....the logs literally just show the chat, even then, I don't see how the logs would help if they did tell me when lag occurred. It wouldn't give me any sort of idea what is causing it.

6. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Masift How about the plugin list that is in there? Settings? Errors?
    To you it might not be much, but developers can't live without it.
    Please just post your server log using http://pastebin.com

7. Offline

Masift

It's nothing with the plugins, I know that, because even after removing them all, nothing changed. I will post my log when I get home. Won't be for 6 hours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.