know when a dropped item "dies"

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by 4thegame3, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

4thegame3

any ideas?

EDIT: i need to remove an item from the config when it went dropped and despawns ,went burned by lava, killed by cactus or whatever you want

2. Hawktasard likes this.
  3. Offline

nlthijs48

4. Offline

4thegame3

not working if the item went killed by a cactus.
    and the entity damage event or entitydamagebyblock also are not working

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  5. Offline

Relicum

Define not working ?? and define what item is.
    What "item" is killed by a cactus ??

6. Offline

4thegame3

Relicum any item, what do you mean?

7. Offline

Relicum

I mean I have no idea what your trying to achieve. I only LivingEntities die so if you dropped a carrot the carrot doesn't die.
    Combined with

Makes it impossible for me to even understand what your trying to achieve. Please try and explain better, your find your get more feedback.

8. Relicum
    An item entity "dies" it comes in contact with a cactus (just like a cactus can kill a player), the entity is removed from the world. Same applies to lava and explosions.

9. Offline

Relicum

For something to die it has to be living hence why it doesn't show up on death events. Plus the itemdespawn event is not triggered on all itemdespanspawns events otherwise it would be firing on every tick.

Rather than preach, you clearly know the answer to the OP why not provide it if you actually know what he wants.

10. Just because I (probably) know what the OP wants, doesn't mean that I know the answer to his question.

Edit: And to prevent further argument, no I do not know the answer to his question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.