Filled KitWhitelist

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by FireFlies, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FireFlies

Minecraft version: 1.8

Plugin name: KitWhitelist

What I want: I'm looking for a plugin that would let my players create a kit with ONLY items I specify. I would also need support for ENCHANTS AND POTIONS!

The way this would work is I would set a default kit with /kw setdefaultkit, so when players do /kw loadkit that is the kit they will have.
    But if the player wants to rearrange the items to his liking, he can edit and save the kit with /kw savekit. So now if he does /kw loadkit he will get his personal version of the default kit.
    If he adds any items that weren't in the default kit, it will tell him that there is an item he cannot save in the kit.

Commands:
    /kw setdefaultkit
    /kw savekit
    /kw loadkit
    /kw loadkit [name] (to give a player his personal kit via console)

Permissions:
    kw.setdefaultkit
    kw.loadkit
    kw.savekit

Thanks for the help!

- FireFlies

2. Offline

johnny boy

This could be a project I could take, as I haven't started a large scale one yet, 1 thing, would you like all the items in a config and set true or false (true being you CAN use them, false being you can't) and same for potion effects and enchants?

3. Offline

FireFlies

Sure why not! I was thinking it might have been easier to just allow ONLY the items in the default kit, everything else set to false.

4. Offline

johnny boy

Good idea, 1 more thing, can you let me use item ids?

5. Offline

FireFlies

Yes of course! As long as everything works with enchants and potions

6. Offline

johnny boy

I need to sleep so I will start this tomorrow. Please note I am not that good at bukkit programming so expect it to make a few days. Like 4 or 5?

7. Offline

mehboss

Just a question. If meme takes up this plugin do you want him to add a cooldown to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Offline

johnny boy

2 things: 1) this is very difficult for me 2) I don't see the need for a cooldown

BTW progress update just started it now.

9. Offline

FireFlies

Alright! No need for a cooldown, and don't feel forced to do the whole plugin, you can do what you can and pass it in to someone else here. But I'm sure you can surpass this challenge :)

timtower likes this.
  10. Offline

mehboss

Ah alright, you're still learning the whole concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Offline

johnny boy

Yep so far I have done the custom configs (I only got back 20 minutes ago) and I am moving on to the commands. @mehboss are you good with gui's because I might need your help on that one.

EDIT: also should I add kw.loadkit.others??

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2017
  12. Offline

FireFlies

Yes add kw.loadkit.others! And NO GUI's please!!

13. Offline

johnny boy

PHEW! Saves me a crap ton of work. Thank god :)

FireFlies likes this.
  14. Offline

mehboss

Some wise words from the head-hunter developer.

"Just remember to never take the easy route, because we have enough lazy programmers. ;)"

iTzTobi and johnny_boy like this.
  15. Offline

johnny boy

:) right, I am working on the saving and loading inventory bit, one of the hardest bits since I never touch inventories. I know how to do it though.

16. Offline

FireFlies

How is the progress going? :)

17. Offline

iTzTobi

18. Offline

johnny boy

Sorry.. Family issues have not allowed me to finish this.

EDIT: Also it seems I need to learn a bit more.. I will do my homework (Learn more bukkit and java in general) And in a month or so I should be better.

19. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@FireFlies Might do this.
    A player saves the kit based on its own inventory as far as I know, is this correct?
    Should non-default items be ignored when loading the kit?
    What if a user splits an itemstack? Like 1 stack of 64 arrows into 2*32, should that be allowed?
    Do you need any messages?

20. Offline

FireFlies

1. Yes that's correct, essentially there is a default kit and players can change that kit, override it with their own configuration (the way they like to play) and save it.
    2. Yes non-default items should be ignored. The only items that are allowed are the ones in the default kit, no other items.
    3. Yes it is allowed to split stacks.
    4. Yes, to confirm that the kit was saved, simply "&aYou have successfully saved your kit" and when the default kit was set: "&aDefault kit successfuly set", no messages when loading the kit or anything else.

21. Online

@FireFlies Does this include armor slots and the offhand?

22. Offline

FireFlies

@timtower armor slots yes, not offhand (I use 1.8.x so off hand is disabled)

23. Online

FireFlies likes this.
  24. Offline

FireFlies

Thanks a lot for the help ;)

25. Online

@FireFlies Didn't have the amount of time I would hoped to have the last days.
    But I am getting to the end of it.

What should happen if somebody sets a new default kit and old player set kits have totally different items?

26. Offline

FireFlies

Each kit is individual, playerA would edit the default kit for himself. If playerB edits the kit it is only edited for himself, playerA would still have the kit he saved.

27. Online

@FireFlies but what if somebody changes the default with setdefaultkit ?

28. Offline

FireFlies

Ah! Right then it would set everyone's kit back to the default one, sorry for the misunderstanding.

29. Online

Nice and easy, I like it.

FireFlies likes this.
  30. Online

@FireFlies Was kinda tricky to allow stack splitting and having the max amount of items (not something that I regularly do)
    KitWhitelistLikeMe, link can be found in my signature. Uses your commands and permissions.
    When you run /kw it will show a help page based on your permissions.
    Added kw.loadotherkit though.
    All messages can be changed.
    If you find any issues or have any questions: feel free to ask.

FireFlies likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.