Kingdoms (Factions Alternative)

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by ketchupcoke, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ketchupcoke

Does anyone else feel that factions is so overused? I get why it's so popular - it's easy to install, and most players are familiar with the plugin. You see it on every other server, and I think it's time to add a bit more variation into the mix.

Taking inspiration from this thread, I have an idea for a user-friendly and fresh spin on land protection. I want this to be achievable, and so I have cut out features that are not fundamental to the plugin. If you have any suggestions/comments, please let me know. Remember - these are just my ideas, and I understand there is a low probability of this becoming an actual plugin. Anyway, here it is:​

=================================================================================​

Explanation:

- Players can create regions for their kingdom by right clicking two points, similar to WorldEdit. This creates a vertically protected area. This could cost a configurable amount of money. For example, if the configurable cost per block was 0.5, a 10x10 region would cost $50.

- Players added to a kingdom have access to that kingdom's regions (build/destroy, use of chests, furnaces etc).

- Players can only be in 1 kingdom (their own, or someone else's) at a time.

- Players in the same kingdom cannot attack each other.

- Anyone not in the kingdom cannot use chests/furnaces etc, build or destroy in kingdom regions.

- If someone from a kingdom is killed by another player, that kingdom becomes unprotected for a configurable amount of time. Raiders could use this as an opportunity to loot items etc.

- When moving inside/outside of a claimed region, a configurable message/title could come up with the name of the kingdom it is a part of.

=================================================================================

Commands:

/kingdom create <name> - Creates a kingdom with the given name if the player has set a region.
    /kingdom sethome - Sets your kingdom's home. Must be inside a kingdom region.
    /kingdom claim - Enables the player to set 2 points and claim a region.
    /kingdom unclaim - Unclaims the region the player is standing in.

/kingdom add <player> - Requests the specified player to join your kingdom.
    /kingdom remove <player> <region> - Removes the specified player from the kingdom.

/kingdom accept/decline - Accept/decline a request to join a kingdom.
    /kingdom leave - Leaves your current kingdom, or destroys your own kingdom.
    /kingdom home - Teleports you to your kingdom home.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

3. What happened to you making this plugin? Do you need any help with it? I can help work on it, but I can't do it all... I have several plugins I need to code before my server is released

Idea: Full protection is not lost on death. Instead they could only place certain blocks (ladders, TNT) and the others are on cooldown, also they could have mining fatigue

4. Offline

ketchupcoke

Towny is not very user friendly and its chat is not configurable. It also has waayyy too many features which are unnecessary.

I will try and research into making this plugin a reality. I have found some useful data storage methods in Java which could be helpful, and I will aim to continue work on this ASAP.

Also, great idea - however the blocks that are placed may need to be removed after the attack period.

This post was simply my ideas for this plugin collected together, rather than a full-on request. However I would really appreciate any help if anyone else would like to get involved. So far me and 0ct0ber are aiming to get this plugin made.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  5. Offline

ketchupcoke

@0ct0berBkkitPlgins I have been busy recently with school, however now I should have a lot more free time. Just wondering if you were still up for collaborating on this, or if you have started it yourself?

6. No, Iv'e been taking a break from bukkit. I cycle between developing, server owning, and minecraft playing. I'm willing to work on it, but school is just starting for me as well shortly.

7. Offline

ketchupcoke

8. Offline

ketchupcoke

9. Offline

NovusTheory

Would be interesting to make.

10. Offline

ketchupcoke

Do you think you would be able to work on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.