key binding

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Dillon, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Dillon

if someone could add a key binding plugin that would be amazing for example if you wanted to go to spawn you could type (/bind "k" spawn) and than only need to press "k" to go to your spawn point

2. Offline

Andred

That is a pretty cool idea! In fact, if it can be done, it could probably be used to bind to any available command (of course, those with parameters wouldn't really work right). I'll have a look at it, though I highly doubt I'll be able to do anything.

I'm not really sure that this can be done, however, since I've never seen a mod that utilizes alternative input.

3. Offline

Dillon

yeah i unfortunately don't even know where to start as far as making plugins, but i know that this would be a extremely useful feature to have

4. Offline

Afforess

I think you'd still need to type the letter "/k" in chat, because SMP servers can not detect individual keypresses. That is all done client side.

5. Offline

Andred

Yeah, that's what I thought. Of course, the prospect of custom shortcut commands is still pretty cool.

6. Offline

Raphfrk

I submitted a suggestion for a hook (ON_HOLDING_CHANGE) that would allow something like this.

When you press 7, it will switch your item in hand to slot 7. A plugin could detect this and do something.

Ofc, it wouldn't be able to tell the difference between using the key and the mouse-wheel.

However, a player could keep 2-3 slots free for use as quick buttons.

7. Offline

Dillon

that would be cool :) also f5 possibly? switching from first person to 3rd person