Solved Keeping Chunks active.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by belven000, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

belven000

I've come from a Tekkit server and grown used to having a world anchor etc. for keeping things such as crops growing while the player's aren't around or even online. I've looked around and as far as I can tell bukkit doesn't allow chunks to be kept active as if a player was there.

I don't want to create something that does this but why can/can't you store a chuck to memory and make crops grow with no-one online (if you can then how)?

Just trying to further my understanding of bukkit and minecraft :D

2. Offline

frymaster

http://jd.bukkit.org/dev/apidocs/org/bukkit/event/world/ChunkLoadEvent.html

You can cancel the chunk unload event, so you can keep a chunk around in memory indefinitely if you want.

However, without having checked in any way, it's my guess that some simulation only runs for chunks within a certain distance of a player - I have vague recollection that that is the case with mobs, at least. Not sure about redstone or crop growth

3. Offline

belven000

Yea lots of people are saying that things like redstone are active but crops and mobs ONLY stay active within their normal parameters i.e. a player within a certain radius. Just wonder if you can 'fake' a player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.