Keep mob spawner active when not near

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by TheBroadGamer, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheBroadGamer

Minecraft version: 1.12

Suggested name: ActiveSpawners

What I want: I would like a plugin that would keep mob spawners active when not near them or increase the distance that they spawn mobs. Yes, I know that you can change the NBT tags but I need a plugin for factions to keep the spawners active. I also use silkspawners but I have been searching for days and I can't find a plugin that would do this, I have tried Citizens but they do not spawn when an npc is near. Sorry if there is one, it is just I have searched for a long time and have found nothing.

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible but then again if someone does decide to code this take your time. :)

2. Offline

ItzDerock

A problem, Minecraft has a limit around 140 blocks/9 chunks before its unloaded. You will have to keep the chunk loaded which will cause huge tps drops and increase in RAM usage, CPU usage. When a chunk is unloaded, time stands still for that chunk. Also if there is no one there, mobs will despawn. If you were to somehow have mobs not despawn, the lag will increase a lot due to every mob will have to have a loaded AI to handle its movements. I know that spawners are usually in grinders so they will be killed quickly but it will also start spawning mobs everywhere it can. Every time /wild is executed that chunk is now loaded and will contribute to the TPS drop. It's important to make a factions server less laggy because TNT cannons will stop working or will work slowly. People will also be able to create lag by placing spawners everywhere by using /wild. The spawners will spawn mobs where no player is ever going to get to. Also generated structures with spawners inside (dungeons, mine shafts) will be flooded with mobs because of the spawners. Unless you have a Quantum computer with 128gb of RAM I don't recommend this. If someone does make the plugin, they are going to have to really optimize it.

(I'm not going to be developing the plugin because I'm not that good at making them)

3. Offline

Tango_

Like ItzDerock said, Minecraft actually automatically despawns mobs and unloads chunks when there is no players near by, it's near impossible to do this because it would require chunks to be loaded and then constantly cancel the chunks from being unloaded, but when unloading chunks is cancelled this seems to clear the chunk of its mobs too. I did attempt this, managed to increase the radius when being further away with the chunk loaded, but once no one is in the chunk, it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.