jZombie - Contain the Infection! [MECH][FUN][1.1 R8]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by dreadiscool, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Offline

dreadiscool

jZombie - Halo Infection in MineCraft!

jZombie is the perfect infection plugin! To put it simply, every round, 1 player is chosen to be the 'infected' person. When they [the infected person] kills someone, they too will be infected. It is not meant to be a main server, but a sort of 'minigame'.

The round ends after 15 minutes (configurable) or when all players have been infected. Players who won are given a special set of bonuses for the next round. If, in the next round, they are chosen to be the carrier, then this bonus will be lost.

Warning
    This plugin is NOT meant to be run on your main server! This plugin will take control of your spawn and join / leave messages. To ensure the best performance, please run this on a separate server!

You might be thinking 'Oh this is a useless plugin', but believe me, I created this due to popular request. And I mean come on - how is an infection plugin not cool? At the very least, it can be a kind of 'event' server where friends can get together to play.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed coding it (believe me, there are a few easter eggs in there that I actually laughed out loud as I put them in)

Download (v 2.1.1)

Commands
    /spawn main - sets the spawn where players are teleported to when a game isn't in session
    /spawn human - sets the spawn where human players will be teleported to
    /spawn zombie - sets the spawn for where zombies will spawn
    /zombie [player *optional] - Check if you / specified player is/are a zombie
    /gm - go into gamemode (op only)

If you use this plugin and like it, could you drop off your server ip? I didn't want to make an IP 'collection' tool because I thought that would be an invasion of privacy. But, if you feel comfortable sharing, I'm always listening :D The best reward is watching others enjoy my work :)

Changelog
    Released an update for 2.1 (bringing it to 2.1.1). This one was a quick fix - it creates the directories needed for operation.

Released 2.1! Several bug-fixes! Redownload to ensure these fixes
    > Game not ending when all humans are zombies
    > Timer not resetting correctly

Created Plugin

2. Is there anyway you can put this as a minigame on a main server, so sorda like those spleef/pvp plugins?

3. Offline

dreadiscool

TheAceAtMineCraft

I will get to work on it O_O

This is proving to be harder than I thought :\

But I blame myself for coding it inefficiently. Eventually, I'll reprogram all the code.

(Oh, the source code is also available inside the .jar, so if you want to poke around it and make fun of me for it, go ahead XD)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016