Junk Jet from Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by FragmentReality, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FragmentReality

Haha! This should be fun.

I'm looking for a plugin that creates a "junk jet" that players can use to shoot items at other players, animals, or monsters. This weapon would actually be a stone hoe. The projectile would move at around x1.5 the speed of an arrow. Each item would be fired at a rate of about 2 per second. Each item that hits would deal half a heart of damage. Items fired fall to the ground after hitting a block, player, or mob.

The Junk Jet would be crafted from the pattern below (imagine each word in brackets represents a spot on the crafting table).
    [iron ingot] [iron ingot] [redstone torch]
    [nothing] [nothing] [iron ingot]
    [iron ingot] [iron ingot] [stick]

The Junk Jet could optionally be upgraded to shoot flaming junk and become the Igniting Junk Jet. This can be created by simply placing a junk jet and a flint and steel together in a crafting table. Flaming junk would ignite the player/animal/monster hit by the junk item for 2 seconds. This weapon would appear as a golden hoe. Ideally, the items shot would have the burning appearance but not actually burn up.

Additionally, the Junk Jet can be upgraded to a Full-Auto Junk Jet (roughly 6-10 items per second). This can be created though the below crafting recipe. This weapon would appear as an iron hoe.
    [redstone] [repeater] [redstone]
    [redstone] [junk jet] [redstone]
    [redstone] [repeater] [redstone]

The Junk Jet would be loaded by placing items in a chest gui. This chest gui would be accessed by left clicking the stone hoe. If someone were to fire without loading, the gun would create a fizzing sound (whichever minecraft sound works best here) and a small amount of smoke particles would appear in front of the player.

The Junk Jet would be fired by right clicking with the weapon in hand. If the weapon is dropped, any items loaded (items in the chest gui) would be dropped as well.

This is a legitimate plugin I would like, I hope you all like the idea :)

2. Offline

williumat

SOMEONE MAKE THIS PLEASE!

3. @FragmentReality
    I can give this a go, what if the junk jet is placed in a chest or other gui? Also what if a player logs out or is disconnected?

4. Offline

FragmentReality

@Blackwing_Forged
    Hmm... good questions.

For being placed in a chest, I know shulker boxes can be stored in guis and retain their inventory. Maybe something similar could be accomplished with data tags? If not I guess it could drop the inventory from the gun.

Would there be a problem if a player logged out or disconnected? If they are still holding the junk jet and have items loaded in it, when they relog their inventory should be the same and they would have the gun, meaning the gui for the guns inventory should still be full.

Thank you for your help!

5. Offline

Gosintary

@FragmentReality
    @Blackwing_Forged

An answer to both of these would be to do something with a list,
    you could save all the items in the "Junk Jet"
    to a YML file. Then again you would have to give an individual ID to each junk jet and
    it might be very complicated to do, I don't know really just speaking with what I have learned from discussions here on the bukkit api, started actually learning java yesterday :p

6. @Gosintary
    Yeah thats what i started to do anyways lol im generating a random id and setting it in the lore then hiding the lore and creating a yml file
    Edit: Update, ive been busy with working so im pretty much able to work on it little by little but i think it should be done near sunday, hopefully

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  7. @FragmentReality
    I have finally finished it, sorry it took a while, the Junk Jet and Ignited Junk Jet are how you asked and wanted, i did not make the automatic one because i saw no point because players can just hold down right click and spam it anyways so its basically already full auto, other than that when you craft one it generates a unique id to that gun and sets it as the lore, i cannot hide it sadly, i tried, and when you craft the ignited one the inventory of the original gun crafted with it stays when you craft the ignited one, also you can't craft regular stone or gold hoes, i don't know if you want that or not, let me know if you want that removed, let me know if you want changes made

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cs4yzt0r7l8ckm/JunkJet.jar?dl=0

FragmentReality likes this.
  8. Offline

FragmentReality

Thank you so much for your work on this! Sorry I haven't been online for a few weeks, things came up and I've been really busy. I'll test it tonight and let you know how it works.

No full auto is fine, the two will be just as good. I'll see how the lore looks in-game but it shouldn't be an issue. As far as crafting of hoes that may be an issue, I'll let you know when I reply after testing.

@Blackwing_Forged
    Testing Update:

I'm honestly so happy right now :)
    The normal Junk Jet fires and stores items correctly. All functions work fine, and the lore IDs are not a problem.

I spent a while trying to get the Igniting Junk Jet to work until I realized a glitch: you cannot turn a Junk Jet into the burning one unless it has full durability (I had accidentally clicked some grass while testing the firing). This shouldn't be an issue, I can leave a note at the information board about it but if you want to fix it feel free. The Flaming Junk Jet does ignite mobs for 2 seconds as it is supposed to, causing damage to mobs. Both Jets also cause normal damage on impact, and after testing with a zombie that had golden boots it took exactly 40 shots to kill it.

After testing the whole plugin for a bit I found a few bugs, but no other glitches or errors:
    1. When crafting the Junk Jet or Igniting Junk Jet, they appear as a normal stone/gold hoe in the "created" slot.
    2. The Igniting Junk Jet is named "Ignited Junk Jet". This is a small issue but if you could change it to "Igniting Junk Jet" I would be grateful :)
    3. The shooting on both Jets is too weak. Compared to a fully charged bow, when both are fired at a straight path they only could make it about 70% of the way to where the arrow hit. If this could be raised to about 100-120% of the arrow's distance, so it shot a tad farther than an arrow, that would be nice so it could be more effective shooting uphill and did not fall as quickly. Of all bugs found I really need this one to be fixed.

Last of all you disabled stone and gold hoes from crafting. If it wouldn't cause any problems with the Junk Jets, this feature needs to be removed.

Overall this is a great plugin, almost all functions work as designed and only a few tweaks are needed to make it perfect! Thanks again for your work on this, I can't wait to see it completed!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
  9. @FragmentReality
    Thanks for your feedback ill work on the issues now
    as for the first issue on the list of the name of the item not changing when you finish doing the recipe, it has to stay like that, because i have to do the changes when the item is actually crafted and taken out, i hope this isn't to big of a deal, other than that everything else was an easy fix

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9383e2xhsvv8glc/JunkJet.jar?dl=0

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  10. Offline

Yona168

There’s a way to create recipes with names and stuff through nms, I can try to do that if you want?

11. @Yona168
    I don't think thats necessary, but we'll see what he says

12. Offline

Yona168

13. Offline

FragmentReality

@Blackwing_Forged I wish I could say you did it and everything works, but there is a problem in the new file. It won't create a new folder for the plugin data, and nothing works. I did try loading the old version then the new version, this time keeping the old version's folder. The previously made junk jets worked fine, but still no new ones could be created.
    I did notice I could create stone and gold hoes now though, so that is working :)

Also the issue regarding the appearance in the crafting table is fine, you don't need to fix that.

Thanks again for your help.

14. Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2018
  15. Offline

FragmentReality

@Blackwing_Forged Downloaded and tested, everything is working again. Gold and stone hoes can be crafted. The only problem I could find is that it is still called the "Ignited Junk Jet" but I honestly don't care, don't worry about it :) Everything is good and working fine and I am happy with the plugin. Thank you for your work developing this plugin! I hope others enjoy it as much as I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.