Jumping in space?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Troopuh, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Offline

Troopuh

Plugin category: FUN

Suggested name: SpaceJump

What I want: The server will automatically make everyone jump higher, simulating life in space or the moon. No command is needed to enable the plugin, it is automatically enabled right when you join the server.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: space.jump. If true, player starts with Space Jump. If false, player cannot.

When I'd like it by: ASAP!!

Thanks in advance, guys! I know you can do it :) If you have any other questions or something to say, feel free to!​

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Troopuh This is an pretty hard request, not to mention server intensive, this would require to modify the fall and jump speed to suit your needs, but at the same time this could mess up with stairs and half slabs.
    The one that will create this has loads of spare time

3. Offline

Troopuh

timtower You're right. I changed my request to only want jump height, which is fairly easy to achieve. I'm not good at coding - AT ALL - , but basically you give the person Jump Boost IV. I just do not know how somebody would set it so that relogging players would start out with this without having to use a command.

4. Offline

Jatoc

Troopuh

Seems doable. I'm sure you can find someone to do it. It's not hard to add a potion effect to players on login and remove on quit (depending on their perms)

5. Offline

Troopuh

Jatoc The only hard part is finding the person to do it for me. I have no skill whatsoever with Java.

6. I can try for you (not said that it is going to work, but I can try)

7. Offline

Troopuh

Datdenkikniet If you could, I would be so grateful!!! :D Thanks in advance!

8. Offline

iFamasssxD

I can also give it a go for you. Ill keep you updated.

I've made it for you and since its a custom plugin I didnt bother uploading it to the Bukkit site. (I hope thats alright)
    The permission node for the plugin is spacejump.jump
    Features:
    - On Login you get infinite Jump Boost 4.
    - On spawning you also get Jump Boost 4.
    - Fall damage is negated for players who have the potion effect and also have the perms (Just a saftey check).
    I hope you enjoy and let me know if its what you were looking for!

Download

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  9. iFamasssxD can I see the code? I couldn't figure out how to make it.

10. Offline

iFamasssxD

11. thanks! but one thing, change the duration of the potion effect to integer.MAX_VALUE, so it lasts forever

12. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

So that is how they do the xx.xx thing, lol

13. yes, indeed

timtower likes this.
  14. Offline

iFamasssxD

timtower Datdenkikniet Setting it to the value I set it to maxs the **.** in the game and it lasts forever

15. What exactly do you mean?

16. Offline

iFamasssxD

@Datdenkikniet If you download the plugin and go ingame it shows the **.** in game meaning it sets it to infinite.

17. Offline

Troopuh

iFamasssxD Thank you SOO much!! You have no idea how much you have helped me. I appreciate that you didn't upload it to Bukkit, having custom plugins is GOOD! So THANK YOU for not uploading it as well!! I apologize for not replying back soon enough. I will test it out on my server and let you know how it goes. Again, THANK YOU! I really owe you one man.

- Troopuh

UPDATE : It's EXACTLY what I was wanting and searching for! Thank you again SOO MUCH!!