Jenkins build "modules" instead of artifacts?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by chiisana, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chiisana

I have a Debian server with Jenkins installed via aptitude. Went in, created account, disabled all registration, etc. etc. Then (the relevant part), Jenkins > New Job > Build a maven2/3 project, pull code from SCM (private SVN repository), and it seems to build okay. However, I noticed my build outputs are coming up as a module inside the job instead of an artifact by itself. While the output jar works, its link includes a $, which I'd need to escape when I am wget/curl'ing from my server.

I'm pretty sure it is just a configuration setting for the job some where, and not a problem with my pom.xml, but I can't seem to figure it out. In case if there is a setting in pom.xml I am missing, here is what the pom.xml look like: http://pastebin.com/t3BMKtH9

How can I make it so the job builds an artifact by itself, instead of creating a module inside of it, and then building the project there?

2. Offline

chiisana

Bump, does anyone know about this by any chance? :/

3. Offline

FR34KYN01535

I face the same "problem"... I see a lot of Jenkins' setup to shot the Artifacts directly but on my Jenkins it also first grouped them into a module, making them harder to find.

4. Offline

Comphenix

Add the post-build action archive the artifacts with a wildcard expression that matches the outputted JAR file. For instance, for ProtocolLib i use the following:
    Code:
    ProtocolLib/target/ProtocolLib*.jar
    This depends on your directory structure, of course.

FR34KYN01535 likes this.
  5. Offline

FR34KYN01535

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.