java.net.SocketException: Socket closed - Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by CountBale, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CountBale

Recently my server has been randomly kicking everyone (except myself) and I have to reload the server to allow people back in. The error I get is:

Code:
    14:00:07 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
    14:00:07 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:116)
    14:00:07 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:153)
    14:00:07 [SEVERE]     at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:82)
    14:00:07 [SEVERE]     at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:140)
    14:00:07 [SEVERE]     at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:123)
    14:00:07 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:116)

When people get kicked they get a "java.net.socketexception: connection reset". What is causing this? How do I fix it?

2. Offline

CountBale

3. Offline

axia78

I'm getting an error like this for some people too.

4. Offline

AuToFiRE

Im getting this problem too (and sorry for the bump but i dont want to spam the forums with something already here)

how do i fix it? is there a way to increase the timing?

5. Offline

rockxz2135

I have the same error
    Bukkit #1000
    12gb DDR3 ram (9gb for mc)
    I am generating no errors on server startup but 20 seconds after joining, the chat stops responding, then I goto the console type somejibberish (ksdhfakd) but no response (no "unreconized command") then I close the server console start it back up only to repeat, what is happening?!

6. Offline

Clayton Tindale

7. Offline

strontkever

i get the same errors, but i dont need to restart the server
    for me:
    its just lagg problem, connection gets interupted for a moment causing to lose connection for players, happens to me most of the time when my server is full

8. Offline

gbumoon

I get the same error, anyone find a fix for this?

9. Offline

01daniel10

ditto

recenty used chunkster and i made a new world and it now works so ya i guess its world corruption or something but im not shure so take this with a grain of salf please.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.