Solved Java Heap Overload

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Smeary_Subset, Feb 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Smeary_Subset

I have made a plugin that saves a region of blocks to a config file (each block's location and type, to be specific), which can later be re-generated using a command. I did this because I have different arenas for my minigame plugins and was afraid that, when Minecraft updated to the next version, the world wouldn't be compatible for the next version. That way, I could just re-generate the arena in another world in the next version.

Anyways, one of my arenas has over 1.5 million blocks, and the server obviously does not like processing that much data (I get a ba-jillion errors). I'm thinking about making it so it does a little bit at a time, but figured I'd reach out to the forums first.

Also, if there is another way to make a world compatible with a future version, thus making this strategy a stupid waste of time, please let me know lol.

Thanks,
    SmearySubset

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Smeary_Subset World is compatible, just new generated area's might not be.

3. Offline

Smeary_Subset

What do you mean by new generated areas? Like I can drag and drop the world into the newer server's folder and it will work, but I can't generate any new chunks?

4. Offline

New chunks will be generated if needed, they just might not match the ones from the old version.

5. Offline

Smeary_Subset

So, essentially any previously discovered parts of the world will remain the same? Sorry, just want to make sure before I move forward with this since it is a significant decision.

6. Offline

Yes

7. Offline

Smeary_Subset

Ok, thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.