Java development

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Osuka_, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Osuka_

Hey guys. What's up? I wanna ask for you guys who actually KNOW java coding, because I don't know much anything at all about Java coding. Do you guys know where to start? Something to do?

2. Offline

Nohup

Get your environment set up first. Here is an article I wrote on that:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/how-to-beginning-with-eclipse.5923/

Then a common place folks seem to be starting is nerfing the creeper lol. That is where I started, and have seen LOTS of threads saying the same thing. But overall, you just need an idea that you want to do. Whether it is sending a message to a player when something happens, or causing said something to happen. Once you have a "first step" idea, look at existing plugins to get examples of code. I know lots of the ones posted have source available. All of the ones in my signature do. You can also get the bukkit and craftbukkit sources as well since they come in handy at times.

If you get stuck, ask. Lots of us read these boards constantly and can help out :)

3. Offline

Osuka_

Well, thank you! I already have eclipse, but I don't really know how to make something with it. Thanks again!

4. Offline

aPunch

I'm in a similar situation. I want to code a plugin and I do not know where to begin. I've been watching The New Boston's Java YouTube tutorials, and they have helped some. I am also reading Java for Dummies [​IMG]. My advice, noob to noob, is to first learn Java, and then worry about plugin coding. After all, chances are that you won't understand what the hell you are doing unless you learn the Java language.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.