I've tried everything...

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by daneitoa, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Offline

daneitoa

...and nothign works. I've been through old files, new files, old and new programs, 73 downloads. It's a big mess and I'm searchign for only one thing. Simple instructions, and a perfect program.

I've been working on a single porject for over two weeks, since my server has been up. I need more room though, as my server is filled with hills and I want it to just hover above solid ground, thats atleast what I wanted to do at first.

Then thoughts came in, new plans were made and I began searching.

Currently, this is what I am building:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2012-03-05_20.01.13.png
    I am only leaving the name out, as it is not even close to being finished, and above that, I need a good one. It is my version of a space ship, and epic as well when finished.

The four large cylinders are shops, all which will be filled with items in the future once building is done. The four cone-like shapes are the current supports which give it a look of why it is floating. The four smaller cones are drop areas, dropping into water pools below for the act of leaving the ship. The tower in the center is temporary and in the future will be much, much bigger and made so that people can access the two upper levels.

Thats my plans. But with the hills around, I can't continue to keep it as low as it is to the ground to make it look as if it is hovering. I have worldedit, as what has made some of this, (about 2/5), out of everything built, block-by-block.

Currently, a grande idea has struck, I should have a second world for it! Just a single world for it to infinitely grow once the site is up for it. (my site, not bukkit's site) But there is one problem with that. Worldedit, for some odd reson, only works at a certain leve, vertically. Below that level it throws up errors. And above that, The land, even though easily clearable with worldedit, is not easily cleared. The hassle of having to continually delete land, block after block for hours is too much.

Here is my second part of my plan. A great though struck. Minecraft has the dimensions ofa total of about 255 blocks tall and infinite in anydirection but up and down. With that, I could do anything, but then there is still the land. But I found a way around it. Though I lack the intelect to make a program to get rid of the land. So I looked up Null.

Null, completely empty. Found one result. A single fricken result. I had foudn only one in Bukkit's archives, and had been barely able to understand it. But when I did, I ahd to move on as EVERYTHING was outdated, most likely due to the cause of minecraft's update, the newest bukkit plugin having been a challenge to even find!

I want something that can create new worlds, but with a choice of theme. In other words, give it a few choices and you choose one out of them. I can think of the normal world, the nether, the end, and a plain void area to build freely. But keep yourself from beign sued if you make this and put in big bold letters that if you choose a void setting, make sure to have some way to select blocks without actually placing anything there first. Like worldedit, whcih has not failed me yet in a process like this.

So it would be something like:

/createworld <name> <normal, nether, end, void>

Edit it to your like, it won't be my software, it's jsut a request.

Overall, it would need a few more things like the ability to select blocks or a sign, and make a walk through portal like you'd use to go to the nether, but it brings you to the other world instead.

These are only suggestions. If you want to be lazy, I don't mind jumpin through hoops, as long as it works. But I atleast want SOME TYP EOF WAY TO MAKE ANOTHER WORLD THAT IS NULL!!!!!!

Ahm done, Danei out.

(BTW, if ya wanna check it out, help or whatever, I'll leave the server address here. If you help build, it earns you a greater chance of beingacknowledged as a possible mod/co admin. Depending on how well you build, if you build, how much you build, etc. I can't run something like this alone. Not at all.)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. Offline

Superkabii

Multiverse does this. It allows that exact type of command for world creation. CleanroomGenerator can be nicely attached to the plugin in order to generate completely empty worlds, or worlds with layers specifically chosen.

3. Offline

daneitoa

Multiverse was at the top of my list and cost me a good few hgours when the search began.

4. Offline

akrieger

5. Offline

daneitoa

Ok, to avoid any mroe misunderstanding or false stuffs or even those who do not listen, I am running minecraft 1.2.3, not 1.1 or 1.2. Now, I say this because NEARLY EVERY plugin is now outdated and don't work, with the acception of those that I haven't bother to update, that also are running on my server currently.

I will have to ask you to test them for me, then tell me if they are plausible, for I do not have as much time anymore to do anything much in minecraft programming as I must finish transfers and the "Jumps" Of the spawn ship thing I made. Plus, I need to update the photo I put up as it's much, much bigger now. 2012-03-06_22.07.30.png