I've searched for hotel plugins, and I can't find what I'm looking for

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by grybo101, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Offline

grybo101

I apologize in advance if this plugin has already been made, but I was wondering if someone can make a simple hotel plugin with the following abilities:

-With a few prompts on a sign next to a door, it turns a room into a hotel room.
    An example:

Line 1: [Hotel]
    Line 2: Hotel Name [Polynesian]
    Line 3: Price for room [$200.00]
    Line 4: Amount of time [3d]

-When the sign is created, it changes to look something like this:

Line 1: Hotel Name [Polynesian]
    Line 2: Room # (Chronological order) [Room #1]
    Line 3: Price for room [$200.00]
    Line 4: "Vacant"

-A player just needs to punch the sign to claim it.
    -When punched by a player, the sign will change to something like this:

Line 1: Hotel Name [Polynesian]
    Line 2: Room # [Room #1]
    Line 3: Name of the player it's claimed by [grybo101] (maybe change the color so it's noticeable)
    Line 4: (Nothing)

-When a room is claimed, no one else is allowed to open that door
    -Permissions for who can claim a room (I don't want my server's staff to be able to claim rooms."
    -Configurable amount of time until that person can rent a room again.

I realize this may be a lot of work, and I want to thank anyone in advanced for attempting to create it. It would help my server out greatly. My examples are only ideas and requests, so if any of them aren't possible, or logical, or you feel like it should be changed, please let me know in the thread.

2. Offline

piano9uber

EDIT: I don't know how to make this, sorry.

3. Offline

Dev

We will be creating a separate plugin that hooks into our plugin SignShop, based off this request.

4. Offline

joshwenke

BuyRegion or SimpleRegionMarket and some serious WorldGuarding?

5. Offline

ShadowRanger

SimpleRegionMarket is good for this.

6. Offline

Latzafs

Heck yeah!
    finally, a fairly simple plugin that's not too difficult yet requires time. :D

7. Offline

Jahb

Precious stones has this feature

8. Offline

Dev

Well, although this was requested nearly 5 months ago, we really liked the idea and built it. The plugin is called SignShopHotel and it requires the plugin SignShop. Enjoy!

9. Offline

dragonclaw103

i have just tried the signshophotel... ok... it is linked to door....but it does not link to region in room....so you cant place items.... (chest, bed, furnace, etc..., etc...)

I like how the sign creation works... but how do I get past this problem????

if the wand was used and a rg created then the door and sign created...can the information from the rg info be used to link the two together...so that when the renter uses the sign...they become member/owner/renter of that region for the time allocated

1. create rg
    2. create sign
    3. link sign to door (which in this process will link the information of the rg in "clipboard" using /rg addmember

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016