ItemStacking

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Monckey100, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Monckey100

>.< I know I been quite the bother, and thank you everyone for helping me out. but I got a problem with ItemStacking...
    first I can't figure out how to make an ItemStack have actual items, such as wooden axe, pickaxe etc.
    also this line of code seems to be bickering at me, so I couldn't figure it out how to fix it, even with documentation provided. >.<

public void onPlayerRespawn(PlayerRespawnEvent event){
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    ItemStack wooden = new ItemStack(Block.WOOD,64);
    Inventory inv = player.getInventory();
    inv.addItem(wooden);
    }

[I want to give them wooden items, but since I couldn't figure the ItemStack I tried a simple set of 64 woods...which failed]

2. Offline

ssell

@Monckey100

Use Material not Block for making items. As an example, to add a wooden pickaxe to player's inventory:

Code:
    public void onPlayerRespawn( PlayerRespawnEvent event )
    {
        event.getPlayer( ).getInventory( ).addItem( new ItemStack( Material.WOOD_PICKAXE, 1 ) );
    }

3. Offline

Monckey100

it says its not applicable for the arguements(Item stack)
    the constructor material is undefined (material,int) is undefined

[that was a direct copy pasta of what you wrote]

also would like to note that I did try to use material earlier >.<

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  4. Offline

ssell

It works fine on my end and I am using the most recent Bukkit build. Are you importing Material? (org.bukkit.Material)

edit:
    Here it is in the JavaDocs:

addItem
    ItemStack

5. Offline

Monckey100

I'm using the most recent bukkit build too, and yes the material is imported.

I'm also having a problem working with Entities, I can't seem to get the event.getTarget() to work >.< bukkit just spews errors out

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

Edward Hand

PlayerRespawnEvent.getTarget()? There's no such function. What are you trying to do?

7. Offline

Monckey100

no no no, that was a seperate question altogether. I was trying to check if a spider is attacking a human or if a human is attacking a cow etc. but my first one still stands which is basically giving a player wooden items when they die

anyone X_X

>.< its probably my bukkit or some crap, can someone link me to the most RECENT build

8. Offline

ssell

9. Offline

Monckey100

ah i figured it out, I was using craftbukkit as a reference library.

10. Offline

ssell

That would do it! Glad you finally got it working :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.