Item Limits

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by LaughNgamez, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Offline

LaughNgamez

The idea for this plugin is to limit the amount of items that can be placed in an area. The reason I want this is because in plot areas it can be quite laggy due to large amounts of signs, chests, ext.

Ideally this plugin would bind with World Guard, or it could be solo.

With World Guard it would add these commands

/rg flag <regionname> itemlimits <block/entity> <amount>

You could just flag a region for blocks and entities and set the max amount that can be placed. All blocks including signs could be blocked along with, entities like item frames, paintings, minecarts.

When a player would be in an area with a limit set and tries to place a block with the limit reached they would get the message "Only <amount> of <item/entity name> can be placed in this region.

This plugin would allow the blocking of different amounts for different blocks. For example
    /rg flag exampleregion itemlimits cobblestone,diamondore,sign,itemframe 1,2,3,4

This would make it so in the region "exampleregion" the max amount of cobblestone could be placed is 1, diamondore 2, signs 3, and itemframes 4.

Supporting data values would be idea too.

Notes:
    #1 If a region is flagged with a limit and it already contains more than the limit it would just no allow further placing.

#2 OPs bypass for this along with a bypass permission node would be nice.

2. Offline

Jentagh

3. Offline

LaughNgamez

Looking for someone who can confirmed do this.

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Jentagh already said that he would take a look at this

5. Offline

LaughNgamez

I have talked to him, he will not be doing this project.

6. Offline

Jentagh

My biggest hurdle in this would be figuring out how to efficiently check for existing blocks in the region. Is there a better way to do this? I'd be interested to know. timtower LaughNgamez

7. Offline

LaughNgamez

I already gave my suggestion :/