Item Command Executer

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by andrewabosh, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Offline

andrewabosh

Suggested name: Item Command Executer

What I want: Well i'd like to see a plugin which allows me to bind a command to a item for all players of the server, for example: I setup a item using the command then if you right clicked a sugar it executes the command /hub. I am interested in this for my hub server.

Ideas for commands: Hold the item in your hand and type /ic command

Ideas for permissions: ic.create, or just op only. (I do not want permissions for players).

When I'd like it by: December 23rd.

Thanks for taking your time reading this, Merry Christmas!

2. Offline

Me4502

CraftBook commanditems does exactly this.
    If you don't want the other features, disable them, the plugins modular so the other features will act like they don't exist.

3. Offline

Pocketkid2

A simpler way is to just you Essential's /powertool command

4. Offline

andrewabosh

I want it global..

Thanks, will check now.

Still interested in this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

The craftbook commanditems didn't do the trick?

6. Offline

andrewabosh

I just didn't want to bother learning a plugin just for one function. I hope you see my point..

7. andrewabosh I can do it for you. Also, Me4502 , timtower , CraftBook won't do this (I think, atleast), because the command items from CraftBook let's you create completely new command items, and andrewabosh wants it so it is global for every item. Anyway, as I told already, I could work on it.

andrewabosh likes this.
  8. Offline

andrewabosh

Thank you, that'd be great!

9. andrewabosh Ok, but please don't take it like I would do it on 100%, because I'm new and just trying to make it. I did just think about how the code could work and thought that I could maybe do it.

10. Offline

20zinnm

andrewabosh I am working on it as much as I can. I have the general idea, and I will try and follow through. When I have a first release done, I will put it on GitHub so others can keep the maintenance going. I WILL NOT GUARANTEE IMMEDIATE UPDATES FOR NEW MINECRAFT RELEASES. I will do as good a job as my time allows.

11. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

20zinnm You probably don't need to update this the next 10 minecraft updates

andrewabosh likes this.
  12. Offline

20zinnm

andrewabosh Would it be OK if I hard coded in an item for every command you want to use? I could make a config to disable commands and maybe add in some. Example Cofig:
    Code:
    bindings:
    #  Item: Command
        Sponge: hub
    timtower lol ikr

Lol, just realized a plugin PowerTool already does everything requested. andrewabosh, would you like me to simplify it or do you just want to use that.

13. Offline

Me4502

CraftBook CommandItems doesn't create new items, it just applies commands to items that meet a certain criteria.

14. Offline

andrewabosh

I'd prefer you'd simplify it. Thanks.

15. Offline

AndyMcB1

You'll have to learn the plugin that is made for you anyway..

16. Me4502 But it doesn't apply it globally, just to the item you have created and store its own ID (just called so), so you can access it by the ID - also in a way you can tell it creates its own item. But he wants it globally, so CraftBook won't help him.

andrewabosh likes this.
  17. Offline

Me4502

It is globally though. It isn't just to the item you've created, it's to every single one.

18. You can use Skript

Code:
    on right click with sugar:
        make player execute command "/hub"
        stop
    That easy

19. Offline

andrewabosh

I'd rather not download a very powerful plugin for one simple use. Thanks.

20. You will find more uses for Skript in the future probably... It is worth it in my opinion :D

21. Offline

andrewabosh

22. Offline

Me4502

With CraftBook, you don't need to learn how to use the entire plugin. In fact, its modular and you can disable the rest of the plugin, which is practically the same as having a plugin with only one feature. The memory usage would be the same as if you erased the other features from the plugin. All you'd need to do is read up on the one CommandItems feature, and use the ingame creator for it, and then give all players the basic commanditem permission node.

23. Me4502 Ok, but as you can see he wants that every Sugar a player gets in-game doesn't matter if you get it by breaking sugar canes or buying or whatever, will work as the command executer item. You wont get this with CraftBook, so he CANT use Craftbook...

andrewabosh Sorry, I'm getting still some errors :D If I could first do it WITHOUT config.yml, I can make it for you today. I'm still learning working with the configs.
    EDIT: You would get it with the config, just sometimes later when I get it to work. Just if you really need that with the sugar, I could make it first for the sugar without any configuration.

24. Offline

LCastr0

Custom Join Items?

25. Offline

LCastr0

Lionhard No, I'm just saying that there is a plugin that does it...

26. LCastr0 But he doesn't want Join Items... :p

andrewabosh Anyways, idk if you did read my previous post, but if you now want it you can get it here. Please read the previous message from me, because the plugin won't be what you wanted to be, because I couldn't get the config to work. I'll do my best to get it work, but if you really need that hub command, you can download the link above. Also, if you really need some commands now, I can add them, too. Later when the config.yml works you can configure your own and as many as you want. ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

27. Offline

andrewabosh

Sweat man thanks! I really only need this for one command, could you set a sugar to execute the command /trails?

28. andrewabosh Sure, and you still need the /hub command for sugar? (I can also set other commands for Left Clicking with it and rightclicking.

@andrewabosh So, here you are. ;) The Sugar now performs the command /trails on right clicking.

29. Offline

Me4502

You will get that with craftbook, that's what I've been trying to say from the beginning of this thread. Craftbook works with absolutely any item obtained from any source.