Item cheat.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by RamTam, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RamTam

Hi everyone
    I have a main question:
    Is it possible to cheat items in minecraft multiplayer?
    I know that mod "too many items" but is it possible with installing mods only themself or bugusing?
    I got some guys on my server which got more than 150 cacao beans and 50 blocks of iron in 2 - 3 days..

2. Offline

LaLa

It is impossible for users to "cheat" items in multiplayer. Inventories are stored on the server, not the client.
    However, it is sometimes possible to dupe items/exploit, which means they can use a bug in Minecraft itself to cheat items. Or they could have stolen those items...
    Just to clarify, too many items (tmi) will not be able to spawn items unless the user has access to a command that can give items (i.e. /give). TMI is basically just a shortcut for give commands.

3. Offline

Rwembee

Did you accidentally set permissions for some creative/edit/spawn tool for everyone?

Only other thing would be MCMMO dropping extra due to skill.

4. Offline

XtenD

maybe some dupe bug or X-Ray user?

5. Offline

RamTam

Thanks for the answers.
    They can't stolen this items because I set up a new world ;)
    Hmm okay I don't know ways to cheat Items while bugusing ._. I only got the Information about the duplicate Bug but this one was fixed with 1.7.3 wasn't it?
    Jeah I have permission installed but nobody than me (- '*') got any permission. They all have some basic commands for change time or read books, all stuff like that.
    Jeah I thought X-Ray is the answer, (I'm going to install an anti X-Ray plugin) but I wonder how they got 2 stacks of cacao beans oO and, that is an imortant point, they got 3 Monster spawner o_o how the hell did they get monster spawner. I asked them and they said "we just found a doungeon" .. since which time you can farm MobSpawner o_o?
    Is there any possibility to deactivate these Item cheat bugs? I allready have "nocheat" as plugin installed.
    Thanks for help ;)

6. Offline

strontkever

what plugins do u have installed?

7. Offline

RamTam

8. Offline

Rwembee

Those are the only plugins on the server?
    Obtaining monster spawners requires a plugin.
    It really sounds like you have ops.txt or permissions with some kind * enabling everyone to have everything.

9. Offline

danny6167

Post your permissions file.

10. Offline

h0us3cat

it is/was possible with cheatengine.

11. Offline

RamTam

@Rwembee ehm no this are not the only plugins on the server. I have many others like aplleseed, Ichat, Iconomy etc. I've installed "Anti-X-ray" now.
    @housecat: I've tried with cheat engine when I bought the game but it does'nt work.
    So I think cheatengine is only useable in SP.
    Here are my Global User and Groups.yml (i've installed the latest version of permission so I have a global user/groups.yml and two folder with World and world_nether with the same content.)

Attached Files:

12. Offline

RamTam

*bump*

13. Offline

h0us3cat

nope its useable in both, i banned one on my server for it.

14. Offline

RamTam

Hmpf. Okay I will check that when I'll be back.
    So that could be a possible reason but the Cheatengine system is based on a dublicate system, isn't it?
    So I need at least one of the Item I want duplicated. I saw 3 Monsterspawner, they have no permission to cheat Items they are not op listed. How did they got the spawner?
    Only way I thought was the superpickaxe ("//") with worldedit. But even with the pickaxe you can't farm the spawner..

15. Offline

Rwembee

There are plugins that allow those to be taken not destroyed. See if you are able to.

16. Offline

RamTam

I haven't found a plugin that could MS farming possible... I looked in the WorldEdit/Guard proberties but nothing in there..
    If there is such a Plugin that make MS farming possible, they would not have the permission to use it.

@Edit: Okay I found out the mystery about the cacao beans, I have Installed an Plugin called "Appleseed" that allows all users to plant cacao beans and something else.

17. Offline

Noppoly

Could you list all your plugins for us? : o

18. Offline

RamTam

Okay here you go:
    Antihack
    Appleseed
    AntiMobspawn
    ChocoCrops
    GhastBlast
    Bookworm
    Bukkitpiston
    burningMobs
    ColorSheep
    CreativeGates
    GlobalShop
    ItemDetector
    NoCheat
    NoWeather
    Permissions
    Portalstick
    PlgSetSpawn
    Scavenger
    Repairchest
    SecretDoors
    SignColours
    SimpleChestLock
    SimpleGive
    TimeShift
    VanishNoPickup
    VoxelSniper
    WirelessRedstone
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    IChat
    & Iconomy
    (and Anti X-Ray rawcritics_ore)
    I asked him and he said he farmed the spawner with an Iron Pickaxe o.o

19. Offline

jasonsj10

I think they got the Cocoa Beans From Leaves. (AppleSeed)

20. Offline

Rwembee

I have done it on servers before, I don't know what they were running. Worldedit has a way using a tool. Several plugins allow drops of items that don't normally drop, like dropcontrol which you don't have. Some creative tools have the item pop out rather than normal break method.

You should try and place one and see if you can get it to drop like he claims. Maybe get another basic user to try also.

21. Offline

RaydarScan

If you have silk touch on a pickaxe, you can get a spawner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.