Issues with worlds from old server being recognised by craftbukkit boot on new machine

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Klaus_Nomi, Mar 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Klaus_Nomi

Hi all,

I'm having an issue. I've been running a Minecraft server on-and-off for 6 years, with a variety of friends. I stopped hosting locally cos it wasn't an option in my prior living arrangements, but it is with my new apartment.

So I took my server files out of storage and attempted to set them up again. I booted from craftbukkit 1.14.4 and it keeps not recognising my world "klausnomia" as the default world, instead spawning a whole new world a default "world" folder. It then deletes everything in the klausnomia folder everytime I try booting.

And when I try renaming the worlds "world" ... the boot messages call it "klausnomia" instead, yet it still wipes all my region files.

Wtf is going on??

It might be an issue with that backup - like its missing crucial files or something. Annoying but there are others floating around.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Klaus_Nomi Did you change the world name in the configs?

3. Offline

KarimAKL

4. Offline

Klaus_Nomi

Thanks everyone. I suspect the issue is a change the professional server host I was using for my last residence made to one of these files (as the port was set to higher than 25565, etc), or something else that the professional hosts did that is incompatible with my current setup. But I looked at server.properties and the level-name is indeed "klausnomia". Here's the full file before modification (i.e. changing the port):

#Minecraft server properties
    #Thu Aug 15 05:30:32 AEST 2019
    spawn-protection=2
    max-tick-time=120000
    generator-settings=
    force-gamemode=false
    allow-nether=true
    gamemode=1
    broadcast-console-to-ops=true
    enable-query=false
    player-idle-timeout=0
    difficulty=0
    spawn-monsters=true
    op-permission-level=4
    pvp=true
    snooper-enabled=false
    level-type=LARGEBIOMES
    hardcore=false
    enable-command-block=true
    max-players=15
    network-compression-threshold=256
    resource-pack-sha1=
    max-world-size=29999984
    server-port=25937
    server-ip=119.252.189.90
    spawn-npcs=true
    allow-flight=false
    level-name=klausnomia
    view-distance=15
    resource-pack=
    spawn-animals=true
    white-list=false
    generate-structures=true
    online-mode=true
    max-build-height=256
    level-seed=-21387542835789129385
    prevent-proxy-connections=false
    use-native-transport=true
    motd=NOMI INDUSTRIES, INC.
    enable-rcon=false

Can anyone see anything wrong here?

I can also post the full boot log or my file directories (as I think there are some out-of-date/unused plugins I need to delete, the server didn't recognise my Mojang account as already having op powers, and the folders in "klausnomia" world file look different to a freshly spawned world)

5. Offline

Machine Maker

I think if you want to solve this a different way, is to just have it generate the world, then just replace all the stuff inside the "world" folder with stuff from your old world. And make sure all references to the world name in the level.dat file match the level-name in server.properties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.