Issues with regular users getting OP

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Neoblade298, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Neoblade298

Hi, Neo here

Before I start giving you what information I can, I have to tell you first that I am only a senior staff of this server, and not an owner. Therefore I have no access to console, or logs.

The server I help staff is having a problem with the command /bukkit:[anycommand]. This command, which appears to be from bukkit's core system, allows a player to use any command with no restriction to permission as far as I can see. For example, if they type /bukkit:*op neoblade298, Neoblade298 will be opped regardless of their status on the server. Note, the asterisk ^ above was put there cause a smiley popped up in its place -_-. This was not the only command that could be used. /bukkit:give neoblade298 1 64 gave Neoblade298 a stack of stone, and /bukkit:help showed more than what just typing /help would.

I'm fairly certain this is an integrated bukkit command and I do believe there's a way to disable this command, but I have searched many forums to no avail as to how this command works. Is there a way to disable this command to all users in-game without access to the console? If not, how would I go about permanently disabling this via console or configs? Thank you very much in advance for the answer, I know this could be a really trivial question, but I just can't find the proper solution!

1. Again, I am not the owner, but if it helps, I'm using Windows Vista 64 bit
    2. Architecture is x86
    3. I am, once again, not the owner :/ so I don't think it matters what java I use, I am very sorry for the lack of information!
    4. This server runs mcmyadmin
    5. Bukkit build 1.7.2-R0.3 b3020jnks
    6. Don't have anything I can paste :( Not the owner

Although I'm not able to fully answer the questions, I hope that because this command seems to be in conjunction with bukkit itself, it won't be too necessary. If this command is not bukkit-related, then you can lock this thread, and I'll go search out the plugin myself.

Thank you guys again in advance! I know you get alot of really lame help requests, and I know this might just be another one, but I just want to let you know you guys are appreciated! :3

Regards,
    Neo

2. Offline

TnT

Need logs, permissions files, etc. If you aren't the owner, there is very little we can do to help besides suggesting you negate those permission nodes (which is how you block those commands). As always, online-mode=true is the best way to effectively protect your server.

Necrodoom likes this.
  3. Offline

LHammonds

Sorry but I cannot replicate this issue. I tried a default CraftBukkit 1.7.9-R0.1 server with no plugins and it just gave me an error. I then installed PermissionsEx and still it did not work by default or even after adding most bukkit nodes.

Error message I receive:
    Code:
    I'm sorry, but you do not have permission to perform this
    command. Please contact the server administrators if you
    believe that this is in error.

I'm very curious how this particular owner setup his server to allow such a command to work that way.

I was curious about TnT's comment about offline server so I setup my test server to be offline, connected and was still not able to get those commands to work as described (which includes the "bukkit : op" and "bukkit : give")

LHammonds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.