Island level in Ultimate Skyblock

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MarkusK96, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MarkusK96

Hello,

Does anyone know how the Ultimate Skyblock plugin calculates the island level? It would also help me, if I can get the source :)

I hope you can help me.

Markus

2. Offline

Avaryan

Just happened to see this topic while looking for something else. It's a bit old, but I'll go ahead an answer the question anyway; although the plugin has not been updated in a long time (still works though).

I'll just paste the tutorial that I made on another site.

-----------------
    Your islands level is determined by the amount of blocks you use. Different blocks award different amounts of points toward your island. Not all blocks contribute to increasing your islands level; although most do.

I'll start with the best (and most expensive) blocks first.

A Diamond Block awards you with 300 points. (3 levels each)
    An Enchantment Table, Gold Block, or Dragon Egg will give you 150 points. (1.5 levels)
    Obsidian or an Iron Block will gain you 10 points. (1 level)
    A Bookshelf or a Jukebox will contribute 5 points.
    Ice, Clay, Nether Brick, Grass, and Mycelium will each give you 3 points.
    Now for the longer list.... Brick, Wool, Sandstone, End Stone, Stairs (of any kind), Double Slabs (again, of any kind), Glass, Glowstone, and Quartz... will all give you 2 points.
    Items that can be visually remade using double slabs; such as Wood Planks, Stone Brick, etc... award 2 points (I think).

Now for the trickier part. Cobblestone will award 1 points towards your islands level, but only for the first 10,000 cobblestone blocks. Placing additional cobblestone blocks will not contribute anymore points after this point. End Stone is similar, except that only the first 5,000 blocks are registered.

The following short list DOES NOT contribute to your island level. You can place as many of these as you want and your island level will not increase.
    • Air blocks (go figure)
    • Water (both still & flowing)
    • Lava (both still & flowing)
    • Vines
    ANY block that was not specifically given a value (or blocked) will contribute 1 point. Assumedly this includes blocks such as Stone, Beacons, Redstone blocks, Redstone dust, etc...

By this point you're probably wondering just how exactly points are calculated into your overall. The answer is very simple. To calculate your island level you simply take the sum of your points and divide by 100.

Island level = points / 100

To put this into perspective:
    A diamond block will increase your islands level by 3. (300 points / 100)
    Iron blocks are valued at 10, so it will take 10 blocks to gain 1 level. (10*10)
    Cobblestone is worth only 1 point so you'll need 100 cobblestone to gain 1 points. Also, since at max you can only get credit for 10,000 cobblestone, the maximum amount of levels you can gain from cobblestone alone is 100. (10,000/100=100)

Additional information:
    For some reason unknown to myself the author of this skyblock plugin has specified the search radius for blocks at 50 in each direction on the X & Z axis. This means that only the blocks within 50 blocks of your islands center contribute to your islands level. Vertically, the Y axis, is counted correctly.
    --------
    Glad I didn't have to re-type all that. That should answer your question.

satisfiction likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.