Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by damo1995, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all.

I told a friend i would enquire about this so i am doing.
    What she wants is a plugin which will randomley pick an item from a list which will contain a buying price and selling price when hooked into iconomy so for example a config file:

#Item ID : Buying price : Selling price#
    3 : 4 : 5

but also wants it to change every 3 hours or so. Kinda like the Chest shop plugin where you left click to buy right click to sell thing.

so a sign like so
    [Random Item]
    [Item ID]
    Bprice:Sprice

Now my only problem with this is would it actuly be possible, I mean can you actuly set a sign to update, as i am not sure you can.

Would anybody be willing to assist me with this

Thanks
    Damo1995

2. This is possible. You can use a scheduled task that changes the text of the sign to something else.

Edit: Not that you need a scheduled task to change the text off course! But you can set the task to change the text of the sign every x minutes.

I can try and help you a bit. But my time is limited.

3. @dadaemon that would be great I have Skype if you would fancy helping me, I can hook the sign events would just be a case of setting up the sign update.

4. When I'm back home I will check out some examples.

5. What part do you need help with by the way?
    • Writing on signs?
    • Creating a synced task?
    • Something else?

6. It would more then likley be getting it to pick from the list and putting it on the sign i can setup the sign so that it changes when [PawnShop] is put on it just a case of the tasks, Reading from the item file and placing it on the sign so most of it, But if you tell me what i would need to use inorder for it to put it onto the sign and reading from the file im sure i can do it.

7. Offline

hammale

lol when i read this i TOTALLY thought u were a jedi :D

dadaemon, nunber1_Master and kevhog like this.
  8. Sorry for the bump,

Dadaemon Do you have any free time or are you unable to do this?

9. I don't have time for new plugin projects. Sorry. I can on the other hand help with things you're having problems with. Just reply here or pm me with the code you have or the challenges your needing help with. (Just try and be as clear as possible :))

10. Ok not a problem then, I shall get started on this and post back my results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.