Is this possible? (block orientation)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Mattigins, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mattigins

So i seem to have 2 plugins that don't play well together.

It seems that when you place a block, leave that chunk and come back, the block you just placed will be facing a different way (in texture only)

I am wondering if it is possible to write a script that when the chunk loads, it can reset all the blocks textures to the correct orientation that corresponds with the actual blocks orientation?
    Maybe a magic bukkit function that can force the client to update the blocks textures?

Does any of this make sense?

2. Offline

RawCode

not going to suggest how to shot your leg properly...

remove plugin that change block orientations.

3. Offline

Mattigins

I appreciate the response but your answer is to a question that i did not ask.

4. Offline

AmShaegar

Without knowing which plugins you are using or what they actually do I doubt anyone can give a proper answer.

5. Offline

Mattigins

Well it is multiverse and the IC2 mod.

When switching to a new world, it seems that IC2 runs it's machine orientation code before multiverse reloads the world (which causes the textures to look like the machines are facing the wrong way)

I am wondering if there is something that i can do with a bukkit plugin that lets me update the textures of the machines when the chunk is loaded (since the IC2 mod fails at doing that)

6. Offline

AmShaegar

How about contacting the author? Such problems are usually solved by changing event priority. I would not recommend to write a new plugin for this. I doubt you will find a proper way to do so.

7. Offline

Mattigins

Unfortunately that is not possible due to the fact that i am forced to use the version associated with Mindcrack.

I know it is possible to do it via a plugin because someone wrote a script for the ScriptCraft plugin that can do it but the link to the script no longer works.

8. Offline

AmShaegar

Well, then I have no idea what the purpose of this thread is.
    If you want to know how this is possible you need to analyse the plugins involved. That's nothing one can answer in common.

9. Offline

Mattigins

If no one thinks it is possible then that is fine. But just for my own testing, i would like to know how i can hit a block while holding a piece of bedrock and it will tell me which direction it is facing?

10. Offline

LanteanKnight

You can save all the orientation data of blocks placed in the world of your concern and have them load again when someone rejoins the world.

11. Offline

Mattigins

Wouldn't that be resource intensive?

12. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

You should ask the mod authors for support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.