Is there a Picture Import Plugin to display an ,png, .Jpeg image in server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TobiasRipper, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TobiasRipper

Is there a olugin which allows me to set either a file or a URL of an image that I would like to display?

Perhaps there is something customization like Image size in the game, position, rotation, support of alpha channels etc.

2. Offline

HK_ZOMBiiE

Nope, you'd need a server resource pack or something like that. It would be a cool though.

3. Offline

Bobcat00

There are utility programs which will convert a .jpg file to pixel art which you can then import into your world.

4. Offline

jeffro1001

Yes there is a plugin that will do this:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/pixelator/

It worked pretty well for me when I was actually using it. It will display the image onto a map which you could then place in an item frame and hang on the wall.

It doesn't appear to have been updated recently though, so I don't know whether or not it will still work.

5. Offline

TobiasRipper

see i need something like Pixelator but that cal be upsized - not just be the size of an item frame/ pictureframe

Pizelator Actually loads the Image from URL or Location on server computer. I have access to both. People keep saying the Minecraft graphics are handled through the Client and that the client will have to have a plugin to get external graphics. If that is so, then Pixelator should not exist.

6. Offline

xTrollxDudex

TobiasRipper
    Somebody made a plugin that displayed pictures on maps. And videos.

7. Offline

TobiasRipper

The main part is that it doesn't convert the image to block art or pixel art but displays it as a texture/image map something like that.

I mean if you look at picture-frame plugin it clearly loads an image from the internet thus i don't see why it can't be dine on a larger scale.

8. Offline

Jade

xTrollxDudex That was Cirno and there was another user, whom I can't recall the name of.

9. Offline

Cirno

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/imgmap/
    Though I'm not sure if I should update it anymore and just hand it off; I work for a server now >_>;
    xTrollxDudex
    It didn't do videos; it did Gif's in a horrible fashion that I removed later on because it basically hogged the CPU and memory.

10. Offline

TobiasRipper

Ok right, when I say map I don't mean a Minecraft naviagation map, I meant map as in mapping an image on a wall.

Alright, here's a little update. There are a couple bukkit plugins that i will install that require client side-installation of that plugins. So I figured for my server I will use a custom downloadable client %appdata% folder.

I only have a few friends that i play with so they don"t care. So keeling that in mind that I will be doing inner minecraft modifications, How can I make a custom picture appear as an actual image - not pixel art or cube art. I have a few shot "top sing designs" that I want to hang above my buildings with shops. What Can I do?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  11. Offline

Bobcat00

I did something similar by editing the texture pack to change one of the images to be a transit map. But it's inconvenient to change every time a new version of the texture pack is released.

2013-01-20_18.22.07.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.