IP Whitelist {Continued} {Continued}

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheMcScavenger, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheMcScavenger

• Repeatedly re-posting locked threads
    TnT I never said you were required to provide support to anyone, however I find it absurd that you don't allow others to provide support to someone who is changing a setting which Mojang added when Mojang's servers malfunction. I could understand that you don't want to provide support to those who haven't bought the game, or allow others who haven't bought the game to play, but this isn't anything like it.

thomasb454 likes this.
  2. Offline

Necrodoom

TheMcScavenger No, that's not why offline-mode is there for, you are just claiming that's what you use it for.

The bukkit rules are not there so you can follow them when you feel like so.

3. TheMcScavenger You know, you could just PM TnT, that's also an option. The rules are that threads about offline mode are locked, as Bukkit discourages the use of an insecure mode, regardless of consequences.

4. Offline

TheMcScavenger

I never said why Mojang decided to add the feature, nor do I fully understand the reason, but I hardly think that's relevant here. I'm also not at all using it, I'm referring to a post locked because it was a reply to a locked post.

As for the Bukkit rules, I can't say that I really care.

He could also not lock a thread, but hey, that's also just an option. I also had an option, and until that option is taken away from me, I can choose whichever option I want.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  5. Offline

Necrodoom

"Rules shouldn't apply to me! I know better than them!"
    "I will break them till they ban me!"

-_-

AdamQpzm likes this.
  6. Offline

TheMcScavenger

Once again, you're putting words in my mouth. I never said anything like that, I just said I didn't care about the rules nor the consequences.

7. TheMcScavenger Sure, he can choose not to enforce the rules, but that's not an option he's likely to take.

Necrodoom likes this.
  8. Offline

JBoss925

TheMcScavenger Honestly, you're lucky Bukkit even has good forum support, and even luckier Bukkit Staff puts up with all the bullshit they get on a daily basis.

9. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

We do not support servers with authentication disabled. To quote TnT:

AdamQpzm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.