iP spam joining

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by blaize9, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

blaize9

this Ip keeps on like spaming my server, and i added it to the ip ban list and still its there
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

regancali

did you do a whois, and you may need to change your ip or port number to get rid of it. If you change your port number make sure to close the port u abandon.

3. Offline

blaize9

The thing is that no one is on my server

4. Offline

TnT

Doing any monitoring of your server to test whether it's online or not?

5. Offline

Obsidian

I'm thinking it's this as well.

My recommendation is to firewall out that IP address entirely. I had an issue with what I believe is the same service; the stupid prick refused to stop scanning my system. Resulted in me firewalling out the IP, and also filing an abuse report with the host. >_>

6. Offline

TnT

My bud wrote a quick php script to check my server, but it spams the server log with those connections. His looks the same as mine (different IP's of course).

7. Offline

blaize9

thanks ill just block the ip

8. Offline

Obsidian

Idea: have a script on your server that checks to see if a process exists (the minecraft process), and then poll an external url via wget on success (it could poll another URL on failure as well) - the remote server can then assume that if it receives a failure notice, or doesn't receive a notice for X minutes that the server is down.

Keeps the console connection spam down, and less outward connections for the external system (which some hosts will nag about).

9. Offline

TnT

The minequery plugin was built for this purpose. I just switched to using that instead.

10. Offline

Obsidian

True. The above would work for anyone running vanilla, however.

I just have my server running apache and have my custom server site mirrored onto another server (the webserver I run) using wget -- I'm still running vanilla myself while I wait for bukkit and the associated plugins to stabilize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.