Invisible Barriers

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Ross Gosling, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Offline

Ross Gosling

I need a plugin that allows an admin to select two points, creating a cuboid area, and setting that as a name, for example fredgate and then if a permissions group has - invisiblebarrier.fredgate they can walk though the area whilst another group without the node will be blocked and cant pass.

MCTSS likes this.
  2. Offline

c0mp

WorldGuard can do that with the entry-group flag. See the WorldGuard wiki for more information.

3. Offline

Ross Gosling

My only problem with worldguard is that its very heavyweight for the one small task I need it for

4. Offline

c0mp

Very true, it is a rather hulking plugin. However, we originally installed it on our server to accomplish a similarly simple task, and once I started reading up on it and using the other features, it rapidly became an indispensable suite of tools on our server. I couldn't imagine running a server without it, at this point. :)

5. Not interested in making it. Very interested in using it.

6. Offline

Matr

Im interested using this as well. I need a plugin that disables user access to certain areas, and only admins can go there. As an example I am currently building a server and I have a WarpHub that has a special admin section that only admins can use to teleport to places, and not regular players. I have tried numerous plugins such as the WorldEdit plugin but could not get it to work.

7. Offline

YoshiGenius

I'm sure someone could get the code from DefaultCommands... It has these borders... I would do it, but I can't really be that bothered...

8. Offline

Ross Gosling

Any Dev interested?

9. Offline

YoshiGenius

I'll see if DefaultCommands is open source. If it is, I'll give your idea a shot :D

:)

Okay, it's open source. Will commence dissection of source code now.

Just a question... what Permissions plugin do you use? I can do this really easily if you use PermissionsBukkit... otherwise..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
    Ross Gosling likes this.
  10. Offline

Ross Gosling

bPermissions :/

11. Offline

Sorroko

This sounds like a nice little plugin, I hope someone makes it, I wouldn't mind helping out if its needed.
    YoshiGenius You shouldnt need to know the permissions plugin as you should be using bukkits perm system, i.e. player.hasPermission("protect.regionname");

12. Offline

YoshiGenius

I know that, but vildaberper did his perms all funny XD

I'll give em both a go. :)

13. Offline

Darq

Y u no just use player.hasPermission()? it won't matter what permissions plugin he uses.

14. Offline

Unscrewed

I prefer the more advanced method:

Code:
    public boolean hasPermissionX(Player player, String string) {
        return player.isOp() || player.hasPermission("permission.node");
    }
      if(!hasPermissionX(player, "permission.node") {
          //code
    }

15. Offline

YoshiGenius

That's not a bad idea...

16. Offline

Darq

17. Offline

Colby l

I agree 100% with c0mp. Read up on WorldGuard and WorldEdit, which you need to run WorldEdit, and you'll find a surplus of helpful tools and commands to make long and annoying tasks simple and easy. Most Developers will not make this plugin because a different plugin, WorldGuard, already takes care of it.

Try using WorldGuard to create a region that denys entry for a certain group, in your case, admins. So to do that, make the flag on the region dney entry, then make your Admins members of the region and it should work.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016