Invisibility Bug?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MrTwiggy, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrTwiggy

Whenever I teleport players from one world to another together (for loop, teleport them each individually), sometimes random players will be completely invisble to other random players unless one of the players (the person being invisible, or the person not seeing the invisible person) dies and respawns back.

There's not much to post, considering the code is fairly simple and there are no errors. Has anyone come across something like this before?

2. Offline

h8crew

Yes it is (or was) a Bukkit bug. I may be wrong, but I believe the answer was to teleport each player with a 1 tick delay.

3. Offline

MrTwiggy

As in teleport players 1 tick apart?

4. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

It was 'patched' apparently a while ago, but it has come back to bite us in the ass.

5. Offline

h8crew

Yep, so use a repeating task with a 1 tick delay and loop through all the players. Or loop through all the players and use a delayed task. Either should work.

6. Offline

Stevenpcc

Twiggy, did this work for you? I'm affected by it too. I was able to reproduce the bug with two players, and doing what h8crew said fixed it, but it's still happening with more than two players. My code is fairly complex at this point, so it might be something in it stopping it from working. Just want to confirm the fix works before I start tearing my code apart.

7. Offline

bgsteiner

I know bukkit has an issue where teleported players wont update to others till they move a certain range that forces bukkit to resend the data to the players who are where the player teleported to and cant see the teleported player

8. Offline

Stevenpcc

I've encountered that bug too, but we're discussing a separate bug here. The one we're talking about causes players to appear vanished to other players when teleported between worlds. They can't be seen, interacted with, or appear on the tab list.

I got 3 clients, and was able to reproduce the bug again. I changed the tick interval between teleportation from 1 tick to 2 ticks and it stopped happening.

Has this bug been reported on the bug tracker, or should I report it?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.