Inverse plugin request! -- Dev searching for server

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DemmyDemon, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Offline

DemmyDemon

Hi guys!

Does anyone out there have a nice server (possibly just starting out?) with either a devteam in need of an additional dev, of with no devs at all?
    I'm offering my services, such as they are, free of charge. My handful of users seem to have moved on to different servers than mine, so I'm considering doing the same thing. I can't say I have much fun merely playing minecraft any more, so I'm looking for a server that wants me as a dev.

I'm not very experienced in Java, but I am a professional software dev out there in the real world, so I'm nowhere near new to programming.
    See my sig, and http://minecraft.webkonsept.com/plugins/, for stuff I've made for Bukkit already.

2. Offline

NGBDevon

My server could use another plugin dev, I guess. Started out a little over a month ago. Not the most active server but hey we still have fun. My other admin can write plugins so I don't have an actual dev group. I could make one or you could just be an Admin, your choice. The IP is DeclonedCraft.dyndns.org, hosted in the US. Our site is DeclonedCraft.net. Drop by sometime if you want :)

3. Offline

Specops343

@DemmyDemon
    Yeah, my server, Last Legion, is just starting out, and we would love to have a plugin dev join our server. I am actually starting to learn java myself and have released my first plugin recently :). Shoot me a pm and i'll get you the ip:p

4. Offline

Kainzo

In my signature there is a "JOIN" link. If you're interested in joining some of the most popular plugin devs, feel free to apply.

5. Offline

DemmyDemon

I'll check both your servers out when there's more people on. Thanks!
    Urrr, what? I'm looking to join a server as a dev, not join a devteam. Thanks all the same :)

6. Offline

Kainzo

Herocraft Coding codes for Herocraft: The Multiverse (server)

7. Offline

DemmyDemon

If I wanted to apply for your coding team I would have already done so. Thanks. I'm looking for something slightly smaller scale. You guys seem like you're very established.

8. Offline

Pencil

@DemmyDemon
    We at CreepCraft.net are just planning on resetting the map and starting again from scratch. We have some plans that we would probably need more devs for some plugins :D Stuff like chunk/block generators and smaller plugins that merely store data for a faction like server.

If you wanna know more about the new concept look at this http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/402734-looking-for-a-co-owner/page__gopid__5662575#entry5662575

Just read the part which says "The new plan" and ignore the rest.

9. Offline

DemmyDemon

Wow, your concept sounds like a lot of fun!
    I did try to connect, figuring I'd have a bit of a chat with the locals, but there was nobody on. I guess I'll have to try again later.

10. Offline

Pencil

Lol, the problem is that we used to have about 30 people on the whole time, but sadly the server crashed a few times and the sphere plugin deleted it's data. Now we announced a server map reset and people stopped playing until we are done :p

11. Offline

DemmyDemon

Hence the "try again later" part :)

12. Offline

br0ad456

i have just started a RPG server, i only got it yesterday we would LOVE for you to join us!!

13. Offline

Pencil

Okay :) In a few hours there will be people on for sure :D

14. Offline

DemmyDemon

Okay, I'll stop by and have a chat, and see how we get along. Where can I connect?

15. Offline

Kainzo

Your post didn't state any of that information, it just hinted at "just starting out"

Good luck :)

16. Offline

DemmyDemon

Err, yeah, but I was under the impression that it's okay to have a conversation and refine one's needs/wants during that conversation?

Thanks!

17. Offline

br0ad456

ill send you a pm with the ip, we have literally just brought the server and started setting up plugins, having a dev on our server would be awesome!

18. Offline

DemmyDemon

Just to let everyone know, it looks like I'll be going with br0ad456 and his gang.
    They just struck me as really nice people, and we hit it off pretty well right from the start.

19. Offline

Kohle

Dannnnnngitttttt :p I was just about to ask you to stop by my server and have a little chat ;) Well, if you DO end up looking around for another server, go ahead and PM me. I would love to have you come have a little chat on my server. We would love a dev. :)

-Kohle ;)

20. Offline

dbizzzle

Hey if your going to look on anymore servers you can PM me we are a server thats just getting started and in desperate need of a dev, we are currently under whitelist as we don't have a satisfactory protection plugin yet, We would love to have you come look at our server and chat with us.