Introducing Recommended Builds

Discussion in 'Community News and Announcements' started by EvilSeph, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

With the recent move to http://dl.bukkit.org, we're happy to announce a change to our building system that people have been wanting for a while now: recommended builds. The way the new system will work is that every week or so we'll be picking a CraftBukkit build and marking it as recommended so that plugin developers have an idea of what build they should be up to date with.

Recommended versions will be what we consider a "stable" revision of CraftBukkit. This means that we expect plugin developers to support the latest Recommended version at the very least. Plugin developers then also have the option of developing and releasing for the latest builds to help us test and mold the API, but we cannot guarantee any form of stability with development builds.

Since we only just recently deployed the Recommended builds system, things will not work as we planned: it is highly likely plugin developers will not be caught up for a few days but we hope this change will provide our community with a more stable "release" cycle to work with.

The latest recommended build can always be found here:
    http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/list/rb/

With this link always pointing to the latest Recommended build download:
    http://cbukk.it/craftbukkit.jar

And here's an RSS feed for the Recommended Builds system that you can subscribe to for notifications:
    http://ci.bukkit.org/other/latest_recommended.rss

At the moment we have chosen to keep development builds available to the general public, but this may be changing in the future.

2. Offline

SEKCobra

Hey there, it appears to me that http://ci.bukkit.org/ is somewhat broken, can you please check that out and maybe mirror the latest snapshot somehwere? Thanks!

3. Offline

marayfirth

+1 SEKCobra.
    I've got the same issue for few hours...

4. Offline

EvilSeph

5. Offline

oliverw92

Have you got CB621 as well, Seph?

6. Offline

Codisimus

Are there mirrors to bukkit too? or just craftbukkit?

7. Any way to get the latest version numbers and their modifications at least ?

8. Offline

Plague

Like RSS for new recommended or release notes which are already part of jenkins or what do you mean exactly?

9. Yep like RSS for new recommended, just to know which build to recommend to my plugin users.

10. Offline

Plague

11. Offline

rmb938

Can you guys please fix the void issue. If one person dies in the server the spawn area turns into a giant void and you need to restart the server.

12. Offline

Plague

latest RB is 617

13. Well I meant latest build ;) not latest recommended one ^^

14. Offline

unjoker

404 error eh-.-

15. Offline

Misaka

Hm, artifactory returned 404? I was looking for a particual recommended build, 612 to be more percise. Is it possible to upload it somewhere?
    UPD: Nevermind, seen about Internal Error with 612 and found a link to 617.

16. I've also a 404 error with all builds :/ could someone upload the latest one elsewhere?

17. Offline

Malkierian

It's back up now.

Though oddly we seem to have lost all build status data from 6-649...

18. Offline

MacVaultDweller

looking for build 618

19. I hope I'm allowed to post it here, if not remove the link please:
    -snipped-

We don't allow non-official Bukkit/CraftBukkit builds to be distributed on any of the Bukkit Project sites. While this may be the same as the official build for all intents and purposes, there is no way we could check every link that gets posted to ensure it doesn't have 'surprise packages' inserted into them.

20. Offline

EvilSeph

New Recommended Build: #670

Important Changes include:
    • A CRITICAL fix for an exploit that allows people to easily take down your server. UPGRADING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    • A fix for possible chunk issues.
    • Plugin names are now set based on the "name:" field in the plugin.yml, not the jar name anymore. This change MAY BREAK SOME PLUGINS. However, it should be easy to address.
    CI is back up. Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

FIX94 and Kane like this.
  21. hi. first of all, thanks for the Bukkit ;)

i'd like to know why the recent builds are becoming increasingly larger without any visible reason for doing so ? Example: b617, 1.5mb - b670, 7.2mb

Will this have an impact on low memory servers in the long run ? I'm running MC on a 300mb ramdisk with the server only having 2gb memory.

Thanks a lot for shedding some light !

22. Offline

Afforess

Recent builds are larger due to the built-in eBeans inclusion, for persistence.

23. Offline

mixxit

why was mysql added

24. I think this way plugins dont need the dependency for the lib outside of the bukkit.jar

25. Offline

sharkale

26. Offline

EvilSeph

New Recommended Build: #674

This RB contains another CRITICAL fix for an exploit that can be used to crash your server. There should be absolutely no breaking changes in this build so all plugins should work but please be sure to back your server up before attempting to update, as usual.

As was the case with the last exploit fix, UPGRADING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

27. Offline

EvilSeph

New Recommended Build: #677

This RB contains another CRITICAL fix for an exploit that allows malicious users to bypass protections in the code. There should be absolutely no breaking changes in this build so all plugins should work but please be sure to back your server up before attempting to update, as usual.

As was the case with the last exploit fix, UPGRADING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

28. Offline

EvilSeph

New Recommended Build: #684

This RB contains another CRITICAL fix for an exploit that can be used to crash your server. There should be absolutely no breaking changes in this build so all plugins should work but please be sure to back your server up before attempting to update, as usual.

Other notable changes include:
    • A new pre-login event that properly exposes the IP and runs in its own thread.
    • Exception handling within the CraftScheduler
    UPGRADING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

rayshinn and cjc343 like this.
  29. Offline

ciksty

some 1 know what i have to do? message i get is End of stream and in bukkit file 23:47:56 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 115
    23:47:56 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet.b(Packet.java:84)
    23:47:56 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(NetworkManager.
    java:130)
    23:47:56 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.
    java:229)
    23:47:56 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFi
    le:68)

30. Craftbukkit version ?
    Minecraft server version ?
    Client version ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.