Interference

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by wowlover6877, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

wowlover6877

When you ban someone Essentials automatically sets the reason to "The Ban Hammer has Spoken". In my plugin it does the same thing (with a different message) , but Essentials overrides it, does anyone know how I can make my plugin override what Essentials does?

2. Offline

chaseoes

Things to try:

1. Remove essentials
    2. PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent
    3. Make plugin load before essentials
    4. Remove essentials
    5. Remove essentials

one4me, Cirno and raGan. like this.
  3. Offline

wowlover6877

chaseoes
    I don't want to remove essentials, I don't know why you would want to use PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent because that wouldn't help with what I'm trying to do. I added loadbefore, but no such luck

4. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

wowlover6877

He said to use PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent so you can set the priority to HIGHEST and override essentials /ban , with yours...

5. Offline

toothplck1

change the command alias in essential's plugin.yml?

6. Offline

wowlover6877

ZeusAllMighty11
    @toothp1ck1
    Actually, I'm not talking about the command (my command isn't /ban), I'm talking about just the message. Essentials makes it so whenever someone is banned it tells them "Ban Hammer has Spoken" when they log in. Mine is supposed to display to them a different message, but Essentials overrides it.

7. Offline

Cirno

You can do a hackish way by using the PlayerLoginEvent and override Essentials to display a different message, while you can also somehow catch the Disconnect packet and set the message from there. Not sure how to track packets.

Or you can find a way to hook onto Essentials and and do a CommandPreprocess, ban the player and pass it onto Essentials or something.

8. Offline

chaseoes

This is why we need a PlayerReceiveMessageEvent.. would be great for changing other plugin's messages and the default game ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.