Integrated Permissions?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by statistx, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

statistx

Hi, currently i get a lot of performance issues, users getting kicked out with varying messages and stuff, but i only use bukkit, AdminCMD (newest version) and PermissionBukkit 1.6.

My question: Is there a built in alternative to PermissionBukkit? (since it is not updated, i am looking at this plugin to see if that causes the issues)

What I need: I need 2 groups, 1 for admin with all rights and 1 for users with specific rights (currently using the permission nodes from AdminCMD).

I noticed a permissions.yml in the root folder of the server, so I'm guessing there is something else.
    Any way to make use of that or is that something completly different?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Offline

Necrodoom

theres many other permission plugins: GroupManger, PermissionsEX, Bukkitperms

i personally recommend Groupmanager

though switching a permission plugin wont help your performance, if you pasted the errors that would help.

3. Offline

statistx

trying to get the message from the user that reports it constantly. Today it was some kind of message about not verifying UserID, but they vary everytime.
    The most common seems to be:
    "Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read time out"

Sure it sounds like some Java error, but they allready made sure to check their java versions, update and all that and it worked before i upgraded to 1.2.5.

I'm just looking into the Permission plugin, since that is the only one not updated to the 1.2.5 version

4. Offline

Necrodoom

read time out is mostly a disconnection, due to lag. is the player far away from your server location? verifying userID is minecraft auth server error, not a bukkit one.

5. Offline

statistx

allright, i sent that user your reply, cause thats what i always say, but he claims he doesn't have lag.
    I also found out that he uses Optifine and told him that different versions work for different users, so that he should try to play the game without it for a while and see if it changes anything.

On a sidenote: I just logged in myself (not really playing the game anymore) to see how it works for me and i didn't have issues EXCEPT that the nether was extremly laggy, especially near the netherportal.
    I have a PC that usually can handle Fancy Graphics with Far render distance, but even on Normal and not fancy i had those lags.

6. Offline

Necrodoom

nether is laggy in general, thats no surprise. to check if you really have performance issues, type /gc and see if tick rate is below 20.

EDIT: if its only that one user, its probably lag, but you could try delete his player.dat just incase of corruption. note that player.dat contains his inventory and location.

7. Offline

statistx

ok thanks, will keep that in mind and if nothing changes after he removes optifine then i will go for that.

You probably know how users are..they have an issue and then suddenly everyone around them has the same issue and since i don't have the contact info of his friends who also play on the server, i can't verify if he is just exaggerating or not.
    I also got issue reports from another user directly, but she isn't the most ...competent... person when it comes to computers, so i never know if it might just be her messed up java install, her computer or really the same reason the other one reports.
    Thats why i write about that one user, cause he claims that others i have no contact with have the same issue and the most vocal about it too. ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.