Installed fine, but nothing happening

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Iestyn, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Iestyn

Hi,

I've set things up using these instructions:
    I've downloaded a plugin called 'justwarp.jar' and put it in the plugins folder, stopped and re-started the server and tried to test the plugin but nothing happens, I type the commands but nothing happens and I don't get any error or nothing, there's nothing in the minecraft server log either.
    Should these plugins be a folder? or are they supposed to remain a .jar?
    I've searched and search for so long to find a fix for this problem that I think I'm reading too much into it and missing something really obvious.

All help would be appreciated :)

2. Offline

Magi1053

check the version compatability on the plugin's website. It probably isnt compatable with CB 1.2.5

3. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

Also permissions is a issue

4. Offline

Iestyn

Seems to be compatible "[1.2.5-R30]"

I'm not sure how to get to the permissions file, it downloaded as a .jar am I supposed to do something to that file so it unpackages or what?

Maybe it's just something I've overlooked but it's driving me crazy!

5. Offline

Magi1053

are your permissions erroring on startup?

Edit:
    What are all the startup errors?

6. Offline

Iestyn

That's what confused me, I get no errors what so ever, i start up minecraft, no errors, no errors in the log.

7. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

Console please

8. Offline

Iestyn

After seeing your message I started up Minecraft and the console now says this:

That's the only error in the console. Not sure what all that stuff means though.

9. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

Full console on startup please and post it into a pastebin

10. Offline

Magi1053

remove all your plugins except for permissions and justwarp and then paste the entire console here if anything errors

11. Offline

Iestyn

I get no errors what so ever. this is all i've got in my plugins folder, it's a .jar

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18660955/screenshots/Screen Shot 2012-06-06 at 01.28.01.png

12. Offline

Magi1053

Try and fix that, and add in your most essential plugins all at once, and then start adding in all your other plugins individually and try and find out exactly which plugin is causing your errors

13. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

well its not showing you have it installed at all? Are you sure its in the right place
    Magi1053 he only has one plugin

14. Offline

Hyperdragon130

I'm having a similar problem with my server.. i can't seem to install any of my plugins onto my server and The start command won't even work.. sometimes the server doesn't even fully load and then the console says can't bind to port.. hmmm maybe somebody's already on that port and I'm like lol wut? and as i said this is what comes up when i try my start commandLast login: Sat Jun 9 09:36:18 on ttys000
    Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Altair$ chmod+x#!/bin/bash
    -bash: !/bin/bash: event not found
    Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Altair$ cd "$( dirname "$0" )"
    dirname: illegal option -- b
    usage: dirname path
    Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Altair$ java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.j
    Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit.j
    Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Altair$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.