Ingame chat message board

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Revenger, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Revenger

Had this thought it would be cool to have a public ingame chat message board.

We already have prv mail with essentials and other plugins that so a similar thing with layout so why cant we let users have a message system also.

How it would work is you type in chat /msgb and it shows a list of all messages with numbers on the board.

Code:
    XXX Server Message Board

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - I Want help - (john) - (time/date)

2 - Selling Cobble (bob) - (time/date)

3 - Land Sale (fred - (time/date)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page - (1/20)
    When you type '/msgb page 2' etc it switches to that page.

When you type '/msgb read 1' it reads that post

Code:
    1 - I Want help - (john) - (time/date)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for someone to help me make a town paying 5k per person.

Please I need the help

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If course theirs a character limit so they cannot go over a page or if they do at the bottom it shows a page number.

Users can show any messages they crated '/msgb show' and can see other players '/msgb show player' or filter the messages '/msgb filter WTS'

They can delete there on posts '/msgb delete xx' if its not there own post 'sorry you cannot delete someone els's post'

Edit function '/msg edit xx' same thing if they want to edit someones posts.

'/msg help' obvious shows the commands that group/rank can do.

Full permissions support for various functions allowing editing but not deletion etc for different ranks and full for admins etc.

I think with allot of servers out there this would be a very handy mod if someone makes it as allot of users don't go to forums and would give a more immerse feel to the game.

2. Offline

JerriCop

Or you can make a signboard at spawn, lol

3. Offline

Revenger

Was thinking with a multiworld system and the fact allot of users cbf going to spawn this would be a global world system.