Inactive [INFO] MCDocs v14.3 ~ Documentation Plugin || MOTD, Local or Online Files, Your Commands [1.3.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tazzernator, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Tazzernator

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    NEWS (open)

Version 11.2 released (22nd October 2011)

Version 11.2
    • Added permissions wildcard support (mcdocs.*) works for all commands.
      • Note: this only allows all commands. mcdocs.reload does not fall under this wildcard. This needs to be set separately.
    • Added some try catch around the motd: configs.
    • Fixed motd-enabled
    Version 11.1
    • Removed the spacing that occurs when you only have 1 page.
    • New variable: %time (Shows what time it is in the player's world in 12 hour format.
      • Sun rises @ 5am, Sets @ 7pm
    Version 11
    • Updated to work with PermissionsBukkit (Tested, nodes work)
    • Updated to work with Register for %balance, you will need to download the Register plugin for this to work with iConomy and various other economy plugins.
    • Optimised much of the code.
    • Updated the commands config structure, much simpler now than before. :)
    • You can now use %name, %size, %world, %group, %ip, %world, %prefix, %suffix in your file paths in the config.yml
    • Redefined the MOTD process.
      • Is now all defined within configuration
      • You can now use online files
    • Changed how logging occurs, you can toggle if you want to be informed about errors or not in the config now.
    • Group support now uses an in house permission system, where you define the groups players are in manually.
    • New permissions-enabled variable, Do you have any permissions system installed? Yes: true | No: false

DoomLord, Camberme, efstajas and 18 others like this.
  2. Offline

Trinsec

Suggestion for the download: Could you put only the .jar one next to the zip? Since if you already have installed this plugin before, you specifically need to pull out the .jar file because all the other files you already modified could be overwritten if you unzip the whole file on the spot.

The zipfile itself having a version number's good. The .jar file though shouldn't need a version number so we can immediately overwrite the old .jar file. Now we have to do the extra step of removing the old file.

Just a suggestion! :)
    --- merged: Jan 22, 2011 1:16 PM ---
    Oops, I think I spotted a bug. I have a command /up that shows you a large text file that is definitely 2 pages. When you do /up you do see a red 'UP' and half of the file shown. When you do /up 2, you do see 'UP - Page 2 of 2 | /up <page>' with the rest of the file. The first one should've shown the extra information as well.

Additionally, my /rules is just one line. (Yes, it's simple! :p) I do see a big red RULES above that one, I'd prefer if that was omitted altogether so you can have a nice oneliner for that. For stuff that's just one page, I think the header isn't really needed. Just like the old situation.

3. Offline

Tazzernator

Yeah lol, i did an if command based on the variable "page" instead of "pages" by accident.

So when you looked at page 1 it wouldn't show, instead of if there is only 1 pages. lol grammar.

if (pages != 1)
    {show header}

:)

Just fixing a few bits now, And i'll upload. Without the version on the jar. And side by side.

MCDocs 4.0

Changes:

From 3.0:
    • Pages!
    • You can now use both & and § for colour coding.
    Now in 4.0
    • Completely removed the header if only 1 page (as requested)
    • Added %variables -- See Original Post
    • Empty lines now work and don't crash the plugin.
    • I'm now releasing the .jar as simply MCDocs.jar

Even if you are upgrading, it's wise to have a look at the motd.txt to see the variables in action :)

DOWNLOAD:

ZIP: Download 4.0
    JAR: Download 4.0

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  4. Offline

Trinsec

I can only say: Thumbs up! I'm not seeing anything off and everything looks great so far! Using those variables fully and enjoying the &-color codes. And the pagination looks good!

5. Offline

Tazzernator

Awesome! :) Loved the feedback btw. :)

6. Offline

Cosmic Break

i added a custom command /ranks:ranks.txt

and whenever a player tries /ranks, their client crashes.

7. Offline

Tazzernator

Which version of MCDocs are you using?

Please post any Console Errors

Also please provide your FULL commands.txt and ranks.txt

Thanks.

8. Offline

Trinsec

Ah wait, I think I might have an idea on why this might happen. Do you have a colour code at the end of a line with nothing thereafter? I believe that was shaky, it also crashes in General's motd if I have it like that.

9. Offline

Tazzernator

I'm off to bed now, So i'll have to look at your errors in the morning.

3:30 am.. :s

10. Offline

RchGrav

I upgraded from 2.x to 4.0 and now every MCDocs command I issue executes twice. heeeelp. ;-)

Rich

btw, this plugin is excellent.

(EDIT: It would help if I only had ONE copy of the plugin. DOH... )

btw.. This plugin is EVEN more excellent now that it was my problem and not yours! <g>

11. Offline

Tazzernator

Did you remove the old MCDocs-v2.x.jar? :)

12. Offline

Trinsec

Make sure you don't have 2 MCDocs*.jar files in your plugins folder? He used to have a seperate file name for every .jar file up until version 4.00. I bet you have a MCDocs 2.something.jar in your plugins folder? ;)

Aww, Tazz beat me.

13. Offline

Cosmic Break

Commands.txt
    Code:
    /NULL:LEAVE.THIS.HERE
    /rules:rules.txt
    /registration:register.txt
    /news:news.txt
    /motd:motd.txt
    /ranks:ranks.txt
    ranks.txt
    Code:
    §c=====================§fPlayer Ranks§c=====================§f
    Owner = §9Dark Blue, §fAdmin = §5Purple, §fMod = §cRed
    §fVIP = §bcyan, §fDefault = §agreen, §fGuest = white

14. Offline

Tazzernator

You have a colour code on the end of a line. That is what is causing the crash.

Remove it, and you'll be sweet.

15. Offline

Rallerbabz

/news pages doesnt work properly. - whenever I type /news 3 it post 2 pages of page 3..
    - no error or something in the cmd.

16. Offline

Hessian

I've created a /welcome page and removed all other pages but when a player joins the server they're getting 'File not found'. But the /welcome command works. So I'm not sure what the plugin's looking for that it can't find :-p

Edit: Just an image to show what I'm seeing http://i.imgur.com/yjIuZ.png

17. Offline

bLazem

You need a motd.txt for a welcome page dude.

18. Offline

Rallerbabz

SAME problem here... :(
    And no i dont have 2 .jar files, or 2 .txt files with the same..

EDIT:

To all who upgraded from 2.x > 4.x - go to the COMMAND.TXT and delete "

"/rules:rules.txt/registration:register.txt/news:news.txt" after "/NULL:LEAVE.THIS.HERE"
    Unless you dont have made new custom cmds.

19. Offline

FabianN

I wake up and there's now variables! Sweet!

Thanks for that.

20. Offline

EmVee

Having this issue too. Help please!

21. Offline

bLazem

You guys need to use notepad++ for editing. Also check you dont have empty lines o your .txts

22. Offline

HaloInverse

The currently posted version of MCDocs appears to be version 3.1, even though it's labeled 4.0 on the outside of the .zip file. Same with the linked .jar.

23. Offline

Trinsec

The linked jar gave me MCDocs version 4.0 is enabled! in the console? You sure you've removed the old MCDocs jar-file first?

24. Offline

RchGrav

Its not a big deal.. just put a motd.txt back... that file is called regardless of whether you are using MCDoc's motd feature or not. I haven't tried, but don't imagine there would be any issues with leaving it empty.

25. Offline

HaloInverse

Quite. I'll try downloading again, in case it's a transient error of some sort.

26. Offline

Tazzernator

You most likely have 2 versions of MCDocs in your plugins directory.

No worries! :)

MCDocs looks for the file "motd.txt" when a player joins. Nothing else. Perhaps set commands.txt to /welcome:motd.txt

Yep. My bad. I forgot to update the file in the zip. Sigh. It was too late last night.

Empty lines now work as empty lines since 4.0 :)

Anyway..

MCDocs 4.1:

Changes

• Fixed the zip
    • If MOTD is not available on login, it will NOT spit out "file not found"
    As i just said. MCDocs looks for a "motd.txt" file on login in your plugins/MCDocs directory.
    Download:

ZIP: Download
    JAR: Download

EDIT:

This is my motd.txt if you'd like to use it :)

Code:
    &bWelcome, %name!

&eOnline (%size): &4%online

&cNews: &e/news
    &cRules: &e/rules
    &cRegistration: &e/registration
    Screenshot:

[​IMG]

27. Offline

Rallerbabz

Nice man...almost everything is added to this plugin..!!

well I've a suggestion :p - modify motd so it would output:
    "Welcome username, from COUNTRY"
    and maybe a first-time-msg. to new members would aswell be awesome..!! :)

28. Offline

_Zw_

I love you!

29. Offline

Trinsec

I'm using this mod literally for everything. For the motd, for the news, even for fancy help files since I don't seem to spot a centralized /help for Bukkit. So, yeah, this is pretty much an essential plugin now!

I have found a little bug, or it's not really a bug but maybe it can provide a challenge:
    If your lines are too long, they'll go wrap in-game. So far so good. But MCDocs doesn't seem to take that into account for pagination, correct? That's just something that caught my eye when I made a /news for the latest news where I didn't use linebreaks properly. ;)

30. Offline

Tazzernator

Ah! I never thought of that.

It's definately possible to fix.

I don't know how to fix colours not working once you go to another line however :/

31. Offline

Trinsec

Yeah, the colours vanish when you wrap line. That's not an MCDocs issue but a Minecraft issue overall. Every plugin deals with this problem.

Maybe a possible approach to this problem: When you manage to detect when text wraps to the next line for pagination, detect what the last colour code was on the previous line and use the same code at the start of the wrapped line?