Inactive [INFO] MCDocs v14.3 ~ Documentation Plugin || MOTD, Local or Online Files, Your Commands [1.3.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tazzernator, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Tazzernator

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    NEWS (open)

Version 11.2 released (22nd October 2011)

Version 11.2
    • Added permissions wildcard support (mcdocs.*) works for all commands.
      • Note: this only allows all commands. mcdocs.reload does not fall under this wildcard. This needs to be set separately.
    • Added some try catch around the motd: configs.
    • Fixed motd-enabled
    Version 11.1
    • Removed the spacing that occurs when you only have 1 page.
    • New variable: %time (Shows what time it is in the player's world in 12 hour format.
      • Sun rises @ 5am, Sets @ 7pm
    Version 11
    • Updated to work with PermissionsBukkit (Tested, nodes work)
    • Updated to work with Register for %balance, you will need to download the Register plugin for this to work with iConomy and various other economy plugins.
    • Optimised much of the code.
    • Updated the commands config structure, much simpler now than before. :)
    • You can now use %name, %size, %world, %group, %ip, %world, %prefix, %suffix in your file paths in the config.yml
    • Redefined the MOTD process.
      • Is now all defined within configuration
      • You can now use online files
    • Changed how logging occurs, you can toggle if you want to be informed about errors or not in the config now.
    • Group support now uses an in house permission system, where you define the groups players are in manually.
    • New permissions-enabled variable, Do you have any permissions system installed? Yes: true | No: false

DoomLord, Camberme, efstajas and 18 others like this.
  2. Offline

cheepz

Ah okay. ^^

Good Luck though. haha.

3. Offline

RTRD

@Tazzernator Still doing it:
    [​IMG]

4. Offline

Tazzernator

See, if you posted your motd.txt, this would of made more sense......

I was assuming that the word wrapping is what you were referring to.

That is how %news works at the moment. I'll modify it later.

5. Offline

RTRD

@Tazzernator
    MOTD.TXT
    NEWS.TXT

6. Offline

Tazzernator

yes, i get it.. it's working as expected. It'd be tiresome to make it become part of the other line. :/

7. Offline

Nitnelave

I don't know if it's been asked before (didn't read the full 22 pages), but could you add a %balance variable to show the player's money?

8. Offline

Tazzernator

yes it's been requested, will be added soon.

9. Offline

MacklinB

For some reason (must be my Permissions + iChat combo) a players suffix is displayed, under Online: when a player logs in. For example the Admin John has his name displayed in 'players online' as AdminJohn. Is there any way I can change that to just display his name?

10. Offline

Tazzernator

/MCDocs/config.yml

11. Offline

RTRD

12. Offline

Nitnelave

Is it possible to add & to a file? I know it replaces with the color, but I thought that && would be replaced by &, and it is not the case. If I want to tell my users how to use the colors, I can't... Could you add it please?

13. Offline

cholo71796

I think this has been suggested in the past, but spaces in the configuration file would be great.

14. Offline

Tazzernator

Make what loggable.

&&!! I was trying to work out what string to do for that. I'll add that right away.

It screws with pagination. :/ /command page#

so if you were to do a space, the second part of the command would be interpreted as a page number and fail.

However, i'll try and implement this in... I've been putting it off for way too long.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  15. Offline

cholo71796

Hahah alright, awesome!

16. Offline

Tazzernator

It's done :) -- Now to add all the other features.

/rules test
    [​IMG]

/rules test 2
    [​IMG]

17. Offline

cholo71796

That was astonishingly fast! Not to bother you with more work, but perhaps adding some good ol' word wrapping would be good for the plugin.

18. Offline

Tazzernator

This is a client issue from notch, you see, I can't predict when it will wrap in game. At all. It's annoying as all hell and drives me up shit creek.

Here is a perfect example of what I mean:

[​IMG]

19. Offline

cholo71796

Oh. Really? I've seen some plugins that do it. That's strange. But yes, I've noticed the same thing- Notch seems to like working on new fancy things instead of fixing multiplayer things.

This is, perhaps in the same way, impossible to detect, but the command only seems to become paginated if it has more than nine linebreaks in the file- if it spills over, it does not paginate.

20. Offline

Tazzernator

No, it does paginate, but one line (for example the O line) is still counted as a single line, although it is shown as 2.

Minecraft only shows 10 rows of text without hitting T, So I show a header and the 9 requested lines (in the file)

So, in the file, in my example, the amount of lines is 4. So MCDocs assumes that it is only showing 4 lines in game, although the wrapping is proving otherwise.

I have an idea on how to implement word wrapping properly. It'd take ages. It includes determining the amount of pixels per symbol in minecraft, and then running the line through a method to determine if it's too long or not.

That's a crap tonne of boring work, though, so I'll leave that to the holidays in a month or so, and still no promises it'll work.

EDIT: Can you link me to plugins you think have used a word wrap?

21. Offline

cholo71796

Yeah, that's what I mean- if you write out a paragraph, (without manually breaking lines), it will go past the normal ten line showing space.

I was just thinking the same thing, and then I figured that the plugin I used must have done it. Here it is, have fun looking around!

@Tazzernator

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/inactive-chat-rtables-v0-2-nice-clean-lists.384/
    This is dead but its source may provide some interesting information.

EDIT: Even better- one that's not dead! http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ch...tomatic-text-wrapping-to-next-line-803.11786/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Tazzernator likes this.
  22. Offline

Tazzernator

"Break a message line into multiple lines if the line exceeds 60 characters."

He cheated.

23. Offline

Psycho Robot

That cheating bastard!

On a serious note, would it be possible to assign a point value to each character based on how many pixels they take up, then do a break after the first group of letters which exceeds the maximum point value a line could accommodate?

Anyways, I'm a bit bamboozled as to how to make my online player list show commas and spaces. Surely if I add a comma into the formatting in the config, it will show a comma after the last player, right? That would look terrible! Perish the thought! Is there anyway to make this happen?

24. Offline

Tazzernator

By forcing everyone to use commas, which i'm going to do, right now.

EDIT: and done.

25. Offline

Psycho Robot

Jolly good! What about that insane pixel counting idea? You think that could work?

26. Offline

Tazzernator

In theory, but I don't have the time to do that at the moment, in ~ a month, I may feel up to it, being holidays and all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Version 9.1

• & can now be used so long as it isn't &a - &z or &0 - &9 (colour codes)
    • fixed %online_group.
    • Spaces in commands. Example: /help iconomy:help-iconomy.txt
    • New variable: %balance for iConomy users.

https://github.com/Tazzernator/Bukkit-Plugins/commit/9f76738671ce014cb4d902222d3d36cdec8a8620

27. Offline

MacklinB

config.yml:
    Code:
    header-format: '&c%commandname - Page %current of %count &f| &7%command <page>'
    news-file: news.txt
    news-lines: 1
    motd-enabled: true
    commands-list:
    - /motd:motd.txt
    - /rules:rules.txt
    - /news:news.txt
    - /plugins=plugins.txt
    - /commands:commands-admin.txt:Admin
    - /commands:commands-default=Default
    motd.txt:
    Code:
    &bWelcome to Uberserver, %name!
    &eOnline (%size): &c%online
    &cNews: &e/news
    &cRules: &e/rules
    &cPlugins: &e/plugins

Also, build 803, MCDoc's v9.1.

28. Offline

Tazzernator

Replace it all with the following:

Code:
    header-format: '&c%commandname - Page %current of %count &f| &7%command <page>'
    news-file: news.txt
    news-lines: 1
    motd-enabled: true
    commands-list:
    - /motd:motd.txt
    - /rules:rules.txt
    - /news:news.txt
    - /plugins:plugins.txt
    - /commands:commands-admin.txt:Admin
    - /commands:commands-default:Default
    online-players-format: '%name'
    And also update to 9.1

29. Offline

MacklinB

Thank you soooo much! =D

Tazzernator likes this.
  30. Offline

dslip

I am still using and older version of iConomy (4.6.5) and the new 9.1 version spits out errors on startup. Im using craftbukkit b803.

31. Offline

Tazzernator

cool. I'll attempt to read and fix these "errors" with my telepathic powers by harnessing the perfect alignment of the moon and sun.

hmm?

IN the mean time, perhaps you should either post the errors, or update.

just maybe.