Inactive [INFO] MCDocs v14.3 ~ Documentation Plugin || MOTD, Local or Online Files, Your Commands [1.3.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tazzernator, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Tazzernator

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    NEWS (open)

Version 11.2 released (22nd October 2011)

Version 11.2
    • Added permissions wildcard support (mcdocs.*) works for all commands.
      • Note: this only allows all commands. mcdocs.reload does not fall under this wildcard. This needs to be set separately.
    • Added some try catch around the motd: configs.
    • Fixed motd-enabled
    Version 11.1
    • Removed the spacing that occurs when you only have 1 page.
    • New variable: %time (Shows what time it is in the player's world in 12 hour format.
      • Sun rises @ 5am, Sets @ 7pm
    Version 11
    • Updated to work with PermissionsBukkit (Tested, nodes work)
    • Updated to work with Register for %balance, you will need to download the Register plugin for this to work with iConomy and various other economy plugins.
    • Optimised much of the code.
    • Updated the commands config structure, much simpler now than before. :)
    • You can now use %name, %size, %world, %group, %ip, %world, %prefix, %suffix in your file paths in the config.yml
    • Redefined the MOTD process.
      • Is now all defined within configuration
      • You can now use online files
    • Changed how logging occurs, you can toggle if you want to be informed about errors or not in the config now.
    • Group support now uses an in house permission system, where you define the groups players are in manually.
    • New permissions-enabled variable, Do you have any permissions system installed? Yes: true | No: false

DoomLord, Camberme, efstajas and 18 others like this.
  2. Offline

weirdbeard

I find it is not working any longer in build 114. Can someone confirm? (Not sure if it is conflicting with any other plugins. My sig can tell ya which ones we are running.)

Thanks!
    -WB

3. Offline

Tazzernator

Working fine for me, Build 114,

Other plugins on the server: GeneRealv15, MCDocsv2.1, Borderguard, Guardian, LoginMessage, TimeShift, Warp, Whitelist, WorldEdit..

..Mind posting the errors from the console, and your files.txt?

cheers.

If you'd rather email me: [email protected]

4. Offline

weirdbeard

I would certainly have done that if any were produced. :) No errors, no nothing. Acts as though it isn't there... I was a bit bleary-eyed last night so lemme play with it some more. I will re-dl and see if I can get it working. Stay tuned...

Thanks!
    -WB
    --- merged: Jan 21, 2011 12:18 PM ---
    Still wouldn't work on 114. I just dl'd 115 and same behavior. There IS an error message in the console (my bad, sorry!) It says "Unknown console command. Type "help" for help." That's it. In-game it shows no sign of doing anything. Here is my commands.txt (which has not changed since 2.0, when it was working with an earlier build.) The file is in my plugins/MCDocs directory. My directory is actually "bukkit_plugins/MCDocs" and is specified on the craftbukkit cmd line- just in case this info is of any help.

Code:
    /NULL:LEAVE.THIS.HERE
    /rules:rules.txt
    /registration:register.txt
    /news:news.txt
    /motd:motd.txt
    /ref:ref.txt

It is probably something simple but I haven't been able to lock it down. Thanks for your help!
    -WB

5. Offline

Brack

Working well on the latest build (115?). Thanks for the work.

Any way to have the motd display on login?

6. Offline

Jobsti

Ohhh yeah, big thanks for this plugin!
    Works wonderful with #115

7. Offline

Trinsec

Just a suggestion for our convenience: Can you put the '&' as the trigger for color codes instead of that fancy symbol that nobody has on their keyboards? For example 'General' from Nijikokun uses those kind of color codes for the motd text file, which is a large convenience instead of having to copy and paste that funky symbol from elsewhere. Saving as UTF-8 is a huge pain for me as it gets reverted to periods on my screen even though I save the file as UTF-8. So far I've not been able to use colours. :(

8. Offline

Tazzernator

Yep! That's what's broken it!

Update MCDocs to 2.2 to add that extra compatibility of custom plugin directories! :) (Bottom of post)

How are you editing the files?

I suggest notepad++
    Done. Download 2.2 (Bottom of post)

MCDocs now requests "motd.txt" in the MCDocs/ directory. If it doesnt exist. Nothing is shown, If it does, It'll be shown.

Cheers mate! :)

MCDocs Update: 2.2: Download

9. Offline

Trinsec

I'm using Linux commandline, no Windows fanciness. I use MCedit, but even Nano shows this problem.

10. Offline

Tazzernator

[​IMG]

Hmm. Yeah i see what you mean... Have you tried adding the A?

Copy Paste:

Code:
    §a----NEWS <3 Tazz----
    §c22/1/2011 §fGeneReal Plugin - See Active Plugins Thread.
    §c22/1/2011 §fHazah! TimeShift works! /shift day night stop :)
    §c17/1/2011 §fNew Backup cron job. Hourly backups now!
    §c16/1/2011 §fWorldEdit is enabled again!
    §c15/1/2011 §fMoved to bukkit for beta!
    §c7/1/2011 §fUpdated website: §a home.tazzernator.com
    §c7/1/2011 §fNew Spawn area!
    §c7/1/2011 §fThe map is now limited to a 450 radius.

11. Offline

Jobsti

Please name your plugin only MCDocs, without a VersionNumber,
    so easily replacement without errors, if I forget to delete the old .jar ;)

§?
    Use UTF-8 Format instead of ANSI!

12. Offline

Brack

Wow, thanks for the same day response! Now I won't have to find a separate motd plugin :)

I had a couple other ideas if you're feeling ambitious. Permissions would be great. Certain files restricted to certain users/groups, either your own text file, or support for a permissions plugin. Taking it one step further would be a seperate motd for specific groups. It'd be nice to be able to inform my admin of new things I don't want everyone to see.

Thanks again for the work.

13. Offline

Tazzernator

I'll implement something like that once there is permissions built in to the API.

@Jobsti

I'd prefer to keep the version numbers. It's more preferable for myself, and I'm sure others, instead of browsing through server logs to see it announce the version number because you're unsure if you need to update.

14. Offline

Jobsti

15. Offline

bLazem

Dude this is awesome, but a request, can you make the custom.txt files show page numbers? I got a large file thats too big to see it all... Cheers man

16. Offline

Tazzernator

That's gonna be a lot of problem solving, but ok. I'll see what I can do.

17. Offline

bLazem

That would be awesome man good luck :D

18. Offline

Tazzernator

Done!

Download MCDocs 3.0:
    Download

@Developers. I'll upload the source to my plugins to my github eventually. XD

19. Offline

bLazem

You ain't half bad my man big ups! Can't wait to test it!

20. Offline

Tazzernator

Haha, cheers mate. Enjoy!

21. Offline

bLazem

Works perfectly with my HUGE (ish) Rewards.txt for Acheivements plugin. Thanks dude!!

22. Offline

Trinsec

Thanks, that did seem to do the trick. But you can understand why it'd be a convenience for most users to simply use a code that exists on the keyboard instead. ;) I'd still be happy if you'd do that sometime! But this'll do in the meantime, thanks!

I /am/! But Linux isn't always that straightforward! :p

23. Offline

Tazzernator

I'll have a look tomorrow.

24. Offline

Jobsti

In Linux I use K-write, it has settings for the coding too ;)
    In Windows, I use Notepad++

25. Offline

Trinsec

I do have a little suggestion about the pagination:
    If something is clearly taking one page, definitely not more, could the line with 'Page 1 of 1' be omitted? That'd be tidier. Thanks!

Fantastic, buuuut, I'm in pure commandline. No fancy graphics in Linux here.

26. Offline

Jobsti

I'm the Gui-dude :D (I love Fluxbox)
    Shell only for Server-Stuff

27. Offline

FabianN

loved this for hmod and loving it even more for bukkit with the new additions.

One thing I'd like to request, how about allowing the docs to call up and display variables such as the player name, IP, and number of other players? That'd allow for nice, dynamic motd's.

28. Offline

Trinsec

I actually was pondering about the same as FabianN. That'd be nice, then I'd not be stuck to a specific 'general' plugin because MCDocs would be perfect for this.
    (Especially as I seem to need to restart the minecraft server every time I edit the motd in the other plugin, while MCDocs actually instantly reads the updated files without any need for reboot.)

29. Offline

Tazzernator

The best MOTD out there is LoginMessage: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/lo...ith-colors-linebreaks-and-other-features.252/

I don't really see a point for such high dynamics in other areas...

..I will however note the & for colours. :) -- I'll see if i can get that working in the next couple of days.
    --- merged: Jan 22, 2011 11:24 AM ---
    I'll do that for the next version update.

30. Offline

Trinsec

I change my motd pretty often to update for the latest information about the server. The trouble is.. I don't seem to be able to change that of LoginMessage on the fly, the same trouble as with General. I seem to have to restart the server to reload the plugins completely so that they will re-read their changed configuration files (I do use HotSwap, but it seems to not really reload after all).

Unless you know of how to really reload those plugins so they'll reread their config files without needing to restart the server? I'd be much obliged, since that'd eliminate a lot of hassle for me.

Additionally, in LoginMessage you have to type everything in one line. I actually like MCDocs' approach of a file per item where you can just press 'enter' and tadaa, there's the newline! :D It's so much more convenient when you're using some sort of formatting.
    I actually wish LoginMessage would use your approach. When rechecking that plugin, it looks like they're actually for 'messages', not really for whole fancy MOTDs. I could still use it, though, for showing the playerlist per login. Mmm.

31. Offline

Tazzernator

MCDocs v3.1

CHANGES:
    • Removes "Page x of y" when only 1 page.
    • You can now use both & and § for colour coding.
    DOWNLOAD:

ZIP: Download
    --- merged: Jan 22, 2011 12:07 PM ---
    Woops: I forgot to update the motd for & use on login.

While i'm at it I'll add the functionality for custom variables. Come back soon.