[INFO] LagMeter [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by DemmyDemon, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Offline

DemmyDemon

Kane, morganm, terminator3199 and 8 others like this.
  2. Offline

Jdbye

Giving this a try, been looking for a plugin to show ticks per second. I heard CommandBook has a similar feature but I use Essentials.

3. Offline

DemmyDemon

Hope it serves you well.

4. Offline

Gibstick

Great plugin. Just one little bug. I use bPermissions, which has a built-in permissions 2.x/3.x bridge, and it seems like your plugin is detecting that and using it instead of built-in bukkit permissions. The message is "[SEVERE] [LagMeter 0.4] Old permissions system detected. Using it." Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to disable the bridge.

5. Offline

NotYetRated

Can you allow us to log the memory as well? This would be incredibly beneficial to me...

6. Offline

DemmyDemon

If the bridge is well written, you should not even notice the difference. Knowing codename_B, it's very well written, so don't worry about it.

It already does this. Did you open the log and have a look?

7. Offline

Gibstick

Too bad I can't get bPermissions to work with 1060 9_9

8. Offline

DemmyDemon

codename_B is probably working on it really hard, so don't worry about it :)

9. Offline

NotYetRated

Great.... I have turned into one of those "open mouth before thinking" people.... haha.... Apologies. I downloaded the new version and copied the old version onto the server..... :) working perfect, thank you!

EDIT:

It would be nice to also log number of players logged in. I would like to be able to track my RAM usage over time, with respect to number of players logged in...

10. Offline

DemmyDemon

You know? That's an excellent idea. If I can do it really cheaply, resource-wise, it'll be in ASAP.

11. Offline

NotYetRated

Perfect! Thank you, I love being a cheapy ont he resources.... MC itself does a good enough job hogging everything haha.

12. Offline

Gibstick

Would it be possible to allow access to the file while the server is running? ATM this isn't possible because lag.log is always "in use".

btw still works with 1060

13. Offline

DemmyDemon

I haven't had time to do this yet, but it's on The List.
    It works fine on Linux, and both my test server and my real server are Linux.
    I'll see what I can do about it, and possibly set up some sort of Windows testing environment. I have a few ideas, and google has turned up a good number of resources on this.
    It just never occurred to me that Windows is still retarded like that.

14. Offline

ACStache

heh, I can't even drop in new .jar files on my local win7 MC server. so every time a plugin updates, and I want to install it, I have to shut down the server, drop in the new jar, and start the server back up. /reload is essentially useless for me. go windows! >.<

15. Offline

Flenix

I'm still using old permissions because I find it works better. Could you add a permissions-free version, where everyone gets the commands? It could just be a simple config option and shouldn't take more than a few minutes if I'm right?

16. Offline

DemmyDemon

If it's so easy, I suggest you fork and do it :p

No, seriously, I guess I could do that. It's pretty far down the priority chain, however.
    Don't hold your breath ;-)

Anyway, if you're using a Permissions system, why do you care? Just give everyone the permission?

17. Offline

Flenix

I'd gotten confused, I thought you were using that new "SuperPerms" system - I found out since my post you're using the working old version so its fine now :)
    I'm no dev, but a popular dev sometimes plays our server and he said that defaults like that are fairly simple to do, hence me thinking it was easy :)

18. Offline

DemmyDemon

Yeah, changing the defaults is easy, but I don't want to, hence the fork suggestion :)

It does use the new permissions system if the old one is not available. This is due to an uproar happening when I tried removing support for the old system, causing me to backpedal.
    Using a permissions bridge counts as having the old system available, so it is being used then. Hopefully more plugins will migrate to the new system so we can all remove our bridges soon.

19. Offline

Flenix

OT, but I'm hoping more for a final plugin which just supports them both. Ie, it is PermissionsBukkit but can read and use perfectly the old Permissions files themselves - no conversions or anything.

Back on topic, I had another quick idea: Could we set up a way to broadcast the lag every X minutes? Could be useful for servers where players don't listen when you say "its not the server, type /lag to see"

20. Offline

DemmyDemon

That's not at all impossible, but I'm not using this thread any more. This plugin was moved over to the new dev.bukkit.org system.

21. Offline

BioRage

22. Offline

DemmyDemon

23. Offline

Kane

24. Offline

DemmyDemon

Sure, give me ideas on what to add, and I'll look into it.

25. Offline

NRJ1998

Thanks, now I can see when the server is lagging or not lagging :).

26. Offline

DemmyDemon

You're very welcome.

27. Offline

Tanite

28. Offline

Gibstick

He didn't put his files on devbukkit, just the project. The download link is at the bottom of the main page.

29. Offline

Tanite

Yeah I found the download link but not until I went to the giant bold "PLEASE GO HERE NOW" link at the top of the page and failed there first :D

30. Offline

Gibstick

D'oh! Misleading links :DDD

31. Offline

BrandonHopkins