Inactive [INFO] Help 3 - a Smarter /help [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jascotty2, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Offline

jascotty2

Help - The Smart /help Menu
    Version: 0.3.2
    Download: Help.jar

This is a new thread for the Help version that i maintain
    (tkelly hasn't been on for about a month as of this submission, and no updates to his version since 531)

Version 0.3 is (finally) out! :D

(any suggestions for what to work on next are welcome ;) )

Help has support for both GroupManager and Permissions, so you can use either one. You can also use neither if you so choose. Help will not force you to any which one.

What is Help?
    Help is a clean and advanced /help menu. Help separates "main" commands from secondary ones, allowing you to have a clean initial menu, but still able to dig down and get access to every possible command.

It is also the first /help menu to take into account permissions; some commands simply aren't applicable to all users, so those commands should clearly not be visible to those users. Now, default users' help menus won't be cluttered with commands for admin tools they have no way of using.

Scroll down for a preview, or see below for how to hook into Help :)

Help Commands
    /help (#) : Shows the /help menu.
    /help http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ (#)[/I][/B]:[/FONT] Shows all the help entries for [I][plugin][/I]. [B][FONT=courier new]/help plugins[/FONT][/B] : Shows a list of all the plugins with Help entries. [FONT=courier new][B]/help search [I][query][/I][/B][/FONT] : Searches for [I][query][/I] within it' entries. [B][FONT=courier new]/help reload[/FONT][/B] : Reloads the entries from ExtraHelp.yml. [SIZE=5][B][FONT=helvetica]Plugin Support[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] Help requires that plugins tell Help about the commands they use. This makes sure that the commands and permissions are accurate and precise (rather than trying to auto fetch commands). Because it's ridiculous to assume that all plugins will instantly jump up and support Help (we can dream can't we? :D), server admins can mimic this behavior by supplying... [SIZE=5][B][FONT=helvetica]Custom ExtraHelp/[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] I'll also cover how you can add custom commands to the /help menu here. Each command has a "name", this name is only for you, as Help doesn't care about it (they just need to be unique names). In the following example the names are 'versions', 'pluginversions', 'kick' and 'essentialswho'. Within these Nodes you [FONT=Georgia][U][I][B]need[/B][/I][/U][/FONT] [B][SIZE=4]2[/SIZE][/B] things: command, description, [SIZE=2][S]and plugin[/S][/SIZE]. These should be self-explanatory. The two optional pieces are "main" and "permissions" [INDENT=1]The previously required "plugin" node has been replaced by the filename itself.[/INDENT] [INDENT=1]so if you have entries for "Minecraft", put those entries within "Minecraft.yml" in help's ExtreHelp folder.[/INDENT] [INDENT=1]If you have many commands & don't want them cluttering the same file (like worldedit), you can put them in a folder instead (the folder name will be the name used for plugin)[/INDENT] If you specify a "main", you can choose whether or not the command is important enough to show up on the main /help menu; if you leave it blank or skip it, it will default to 'false' If you specify a "visible", you can specify whether the command shows up at all. This is useful for overriding other plugins' built-in Help support (in case you don't want all the commands); if you leave it blank or skip it, it will default to 'true'. If you specify a "permissions", you can choose what is necessary for the user to see the command; and leaving it blank will allow all to see. So in the case of /version, all users can use it, so no permissions. But with /who, you have to have essentials.list, so that was specified. There is also a special permission case, "OP". By specifying this, this will require the user to be an OP to use the command (as is the case with Minecraft's built-in /kick command). [code] versions: command: version description: Show the version of Minecraft and CB plugin: CraftBukkit main: true pluginversions: command: version [plugin] description: Shows the version of [plugin] plugin: CraftBukkit kick: command: kick [player] description: Kicks [player] from the server plugin: Minecraft main: true permissions: OP essentialswho: command: who description: Show who's one the server plugin: Essentials main: true permissions: essentials.list [/code] [B][SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica]How To Hook into Help.[/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [spoiler="API"] Hooking into Help is extremely easy, and very similar to hooking into any permission-plugin. When your plugin is starting up, just grab the Help plugin and register your commands with Help's registerCommand() method; that's it! Here's the API and some examples. If you'd like a concrete example, check out the relevant source code from [URL='https://github.com/tkelly910/MyHome/blob/master/src/main/java/me/taylorkelly/myhome/HomeHelp.java'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]MyHome[/COLOR][/URL] and [URL='https://github.com/tkelly910/BigBrother/blob/master/src/main/java/me/taylorkelly/bigbrother/BBHelp.java'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]BigBrother[/COLOR][/URL]. [SIZE=4][FONT=helvetica][B]Help API[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [code] /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * There are no permissions, so all users can see it. * It is also not a "main" help entry. * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin); /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * There are no permissions, so all users can see it. * You can set whether the plugin is a "main" entry or not * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin, boolean main); /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * You can specify one or more permissions. * If a user has permissions for at least (1) of them, he can see this command * It is also not a "main" help entry. * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin, String... permissions); /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * You can specify one or more permissions. * If a user has permissions for at least (1) of them, he can see this command * You can set whether the plugin is a "main" entry or not * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin, boolean main, String... permissions); /** * Gets the help text associated with this command * @param command the command to lookup * @return help text, or null if none */ public String getHelp(String command); /** * Gets all of the commands registered with this plugin * @param plugin plugin to lookup * @return list of commands */ public ArrayList getPluginCommands(String plugin); [/code] [SIZE=4][FONT=helvetica][B]Basic Example[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [code] // plugin is the instance of your Plugin registering the commands Plugin test = plugin.getServer().getPluginManager().getPlugin("Help"); if (test != null) { Logger log = Logger.getLogger("Minecraft"); Help helpPlugin = ((Help) test); // Registers a main command. But all users will be able to see it helpPlugin.registerCommand("home help", "Help for all MyHome commands", plugin, true); // Registers a secondary command to our plugin (MyHome), but the user has to have the permission to see it helpPlugin.registerCommand("home", "Go home young chap!", plugin, "myhome.home.basic.home"); log.log(Level.INFO, "'Help' support enabled."); } else { Logger log = Logger.getLogger("Minecraft"); log.log(Level.WARNING, "'Help' isn't detected. No /help support."); } [/code] [SIZE=4][FONT=helvetica][B]Slightly More Advanced Example[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [code] Help helpPlugin = ((Help) test); String[] permissions = new String[]{"bb.admin.watch", "bb.admin.info", "bb.admin.rollback", "bb.admin.cleanse"}; // If a user has any one of those permissions, they'll be able to see /bb help. A main command helpPlugin.registerCommand("bb help", "Help for all BigBrother commands", plugin, true, permissions); // If a user has "bb.admin.watch" they'll be able to see /bb watch [player]. A secondary command helpPlugin.registerCommand("bb watch [player]", "Toggle the watch on [player]", plugin, permissions[0]); [/code] [/spoiler] [FONT=helvetica][SIZE=5][B]Plugins with Help Support[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] Here's a quick list of plugins (and version) that have built in Help support. - MyHome v1.9.2+ - MyWarp v1.10.3+ - BigBrother v1.6.4+ - Citizens v1.0+ - General 3.1+ - TelePlus 1.6+ - Pixl 1.3+ - Vampire 1.3+ - BetterShop 1.6.2+ - Wormhole-X-Treme 0.812+ - Tele++ v1.3.4 [FONT=helvetica][SIZE=5][B]ExtraHelp Packs[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL='https://github.com/FabianN/MC-Bukkit-HelpExtra'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]FabianN put together a repository of entries for your ExtraHelp/ that represent other plugins' commands.[/COLOR][/URL] It's really awesome and was helped put together by others from the community. [SIZE=5][B][FONT=helvetica]Preview[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AE9cG.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cII2X.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][B][FONT=helvetica]Changelog[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] Version 0.3.2 - 7/21/11 [LIST] [*]lowered chat fill size.. should fix some wrapping issues [/LIST] Version 0.3.1 - 7/7/11 [LIST] [*]fixed NullPointerException on entry save when no permissions [/LIST] Version 0.3 - 7/6/11 [LIST] [*]fixed loading help & plugin help registering before plugin onEnable [/LIST] [spoiler="Changelog"] Version 0.3 beta2 - 7/4/11 [LIST] [*]plugin console output fixed [*]console output width changed for when running windows [*]plugin help override can be disabled (default) [LIST] [*]plugin help registering is ignored if the command exists already [*]alternatively, can be disabled completely [/LIST] [*]saving of registered commands can be disabled (also, now saves to file, not "_orig" files) [*]ExtraHelp now uses filename as plugin name (plugin field no longer used) [*]added formatting options: [LIST] [*]shortenEntries : can show in old, one-line style [*]chat line (useWordWrap:false) - minecraft chat wraps to next line [*]columns (useWordWrap:true) - command on left, description in word wrap line(s) [LIST] [*]can be right-aligned (wordWrapRight:true) [/LIST] [/LIST] [*]plugin entries can be set to not sorted (listed in the order found in the help file) [*]"/help reload" is now op-only [*]"ExtraHelp.yml" will now be converted (again.. seems to have been removed somewhere..) [*]ExtraHelp supports a multi-directory structure (like FabiaN's help package) (plugin name will be the directory name) [*]improved node error messages when loading [*]fixed permissions 3x illegalAccessErrors on load (and api errors) [/LIST] Version 0.2.4.1 - 4/4/11 [LIST] [*]another illegalAccessError (hopefully) resolved [/LIST] Version 0.2.4 - 4/2/11 [LIST] [*]updated an illegalAccess error that was occurring in 617 [/LIST] Version 0.2.3 - 3/25/11 [LIST] [*]fixed a null pointer exception in plugin help [/LIST] Version 0.2.2 - 3/24/11 [LIST] [*]various null pointer fixes (could have nullpointerException on load without) [*]improved help listing [*]added console help support [/LIST] [SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica]Before i started maintaining: [/FONT][/SIZE] [I][SIZE=12px][SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica][B][URL='http://taylorkelly.me/plugins/Help/Help%20v0-2.zip'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]Help v0.2 [531][/COLOR][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px][I]Released 15 Mar, 2011[/I][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Built with latest recommend build (531)[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Multiline support. Descriptions of commands can now be as long as you'd like.[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Separated ExtraHelp.yml into separate YML files (for each plugin, etc).[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Plugin overriding. Don't like how a plugin has their Help support? Completely customize their entries.[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px][SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica][B][URL='http://taylorkelly.me/plugins/Help/Help%20v0-1-1.zip'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]Help v0.1.1 [493][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px][I]Released 6 Mar, 2011[/I][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Built with latest recommend build (493)[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Updated for GroupManager 1.0[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px][SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica][B][URL='http://taylorkelly.me/plugins/Help/Help%20v0-1.zip'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]Help v0.1 [440][/COLOR][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px][I]Released 28 Feb, 2011[/I][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Intial Release[/SIZE][/I] [\spoiler]/

2. Offline

Mansarde

Had the same problem with GroupManager. But my Google-Fu was successful and finally lead me to:
    https://github.com/gmcouto/GroupManager
    (via http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in...pha-3-a-permissions-replacement-440-531.4723/)
    I have to admit thought, that I removed it from my working copy as well, because I prefer Permissions myself.^^

3. Offline

Brain

@Mansarde
    Well, I suppose it's safe to assume GroupManager is dead. Last commit was March 9th if you browse through the sources. Unless somebody has taken over development, of course.
    I don't think you need to feel bad for not supporting GroupManager any more.

4. Offline

jascotty2

i personally prefer groupmanager over permissions, since i can't seem to be able to get permissions to work whenever i try it
    i'm partially maintaining a groupmanager version for my server, and considering fixing it up some more & making a new thread if the old dev doesn't come back soon.. (or simply try the new permissions again or essentials..)

as for help, i've (finally) been able to get back to programming, and going through all of my plugins
    the next release should be "soon" (maybe not today, but should be before next week)

Bjourk likes this.
  5. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

GroupManager is not dead, but is now part of Essentials, so if you want GroupManager you would get it from the Essentials thread. There's a separate jar for GroupManager, so you can get it without getting Essentials.

6. Offline

tommydrum

okay your the ONLY help plugin that actually auto-fills its help pages with our plugins, and since there are WAY TO MANY plugin commands, i DO NOT want to manually put them in, so PLEASE give us the build of help with permissions 3.1 compatibility, THERE ARE A LOT OF SERVERS THAT NEED IT! Please!

7. Offline

Reazem

to me help is broken right now, is it because of 918??

when I /help I see the traditional help menu

8. Offline

Mansarde

This is probably because another plugin is overtaking that command (e.g. Essentials).
    This post provides one possible solution, i.e. open the Help.jar with an archiver like WinRAR or 7-ZIP or the like.
    Then open the plugin.yml within it and remove the help-command from it, save, and put it back in the .jar.

9. Offline

eyekantspel343

I agree with tommydrum, the build you've made against Permissions 3.x is desperately needed. Why exactly would the moderation frown upon it?

10. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

...when did anyone say the moderation would frown upon it?

11. Offline

eyekantspel343

Brain seems to be under this impression as he stated a few posts ago.

Gangsta_hotdog likes this.
  12. Offline

Brain

I remember hmod and its many custom versions. And people having problems with these. And the complaints...
    If I put up a version of Help linked against Permissions 3 and without GroupManager support here, people download and use it. And then they will start complaining "where is my GroupManager support?" and jascotty2 will say "wtf?!" - nope, definitely not going to open that can of worms.
    Besides, I just deleted two lines of code and built the source against current versions of its dependencies. Everybody can do that for themselves, it's not worth a seperate download. Or a fork. :D

13. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

And anyway, jascotty2 will probably have it fixed officially in the next day or two.

14. Offline

Seweiwer

Hey Guys,
    I have the known problem with BigBrother, since I've updated Bukkit to #928 and BigBrother to #552, I only see the normal Help Page, but when I disable BigBrother, Help works perfectly. Have anyone a solution?

Edit:
    Problem solved, I don't know why, but now it's working. Maybe because Permissions 3 was down.

15. Offline

Boon Pek

Here's the temporary fix for your Help file.

For other plugins fixes (permissions, etc), check this post.

16. Offline

SSPX

/help ceases to function whenever i upgrade to the latest build.

I'm using the old build atm.

Will there be an update?

17. Offline

Bjourk

Updates for both GroupManager and Help would be greatly appreciated!
    The Essentials version of GroupManager is working fine for me, though.

18. Offline

Seweiwer

Thanks Guy, your fixes helped a lot.

19. Offline

Martin-zz

Hey guys! I need a little help. I am moving an exsisting world with plugins for a windows machine to a machine running mineOS+(linux). And everythig works fine on the windows machine but when I run it on the linux machine, I get this strange error. BUT it goes away if I disable the Help plugin?
    Anyone have an idea for a fix?

Error:
    Code:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-904-g9277096-b953jnks (MC: 1.7.2)
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE] java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl$RefreshTask from class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.<clinit>(ModularControl.java:45)
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE]     at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPermissions(Permissions.java:184)
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE]     at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(Permissions.java:139)
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:121)
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:89)
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Unable to load permission data.
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/wegen.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/weutil.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/echeats.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/weclip.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/permissionsPlus.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/wenav.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/espawn.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/emod.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/etele.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/eloc.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/esocial.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/autosave.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/wesel.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/multiverse.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/magiccarpet.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/worldedit.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/wehistory.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/eadmin.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/wetool.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] plugins/Help/ExtraHelp/giveTo.yml
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] [HELP] 187 extra help entries loaded
    2011-07-02 12:33:00 [INFO] [HELP] Permissions enabled using: Permissions v3.1.5
    2011-07-02 12:33:01 [INFO] [HELP] Help 0.2.4.1 enabled
    2011-07-02 12:33:01 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2011-07-02 12:33:01 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: -2412108292786021197)
    2011-07-02 12:33:02 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 77%
    2011-07-02 12:33:02 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: 636424168360468490)
    2011-07-02 12:33:03 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 24%
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [INFO] Loaded Essentials build 2.3.1 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling PermissionsPlus v3.1 (Is it up to date?): com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions cannot be cast to com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
    java.lang.ClassCastException: com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions cannot be cast to com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
        at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.loadPermissionsAddon(PermissionsPlus.java:273)
        at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.onEnable(PermissionsPlus.java:99)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:264)
        at net.codej.p2aliases.P2Aliases.loadPermissionsPlus(P2Aliases.java:91)
        at net.codej.p2aliases.P2Aliases.onEnable(P2Aliases.java:30)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [INFO] [P2Aliases] 1.2 Enabled.
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.4 enabled.
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [INFO] WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [INFO] [MultiInv] version 2.1.0 is enabled!
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling MultiInv v2.1.0 (Is it up to date?): com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions cannot be cast to com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
    java.lang.ClassCastException: com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions cannot be cast to com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
        at uk.co.tggl.Pluckerpluck.MultiInv.MultiInv.setupPermissions(MultiInv.java:95)
        at uk.co.tggl.Pluckerpluck.MultiInv.MultiInv.onEnable(MultiInv.java:87)
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [INFO] [GiveTo] v0.4 enabled (loaded items: 238)
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [INFO] [xAuth] Loading player accounts..
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [INFO] [xAuth] Done! Loaded 6 Accounts!
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling xAuth v1.2.5 (Is it up to date?): com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions cannot be cast to com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
        at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.setupPermissions(xAuth.java:556)
        at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.onEnable(xAuth.java:99)
    2011-07-02 12:33:05 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Permissions Found
    2011-07-02 12:33:06 [INFO] [MultiVerse] - Version 1.7.2 Enabled
    2011-07-02 12:33:06 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'creative' - NORMAL
    2011-07-02 12:33:06 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 2 (Seed: -56
    Hope you can help me. Love this plugin:)

20. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

@jascotty2 – How's progress? Need some help?

21. Offline

Fob_Upset

I removed BigBrother's BB here and BB Stick commands off the main help menu yet after mulitple restarts and reload's it still in the help menu and on the config its main: true itself.

Whats wrong.

22. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

When you edit plugin_orig.yml and rename it to plugin.yml, don't delete any of the entries; instead, just edit the entries that are there. To remove it from the main help menu, put "main: false"; if you want to hide it from everyone, you could make it require a non-existent permission.

23. Offline

Balrog

I'm gettig Permissions error, using Help 0.2.4.1.
    http://pastie.org/2158273

not using the plugin seems to fix the issue (normal startup).

24. Offline

Waradmirals

I have this same error, Can someone post a reply to this asap

25. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

...that looks like an error in LWC. Try disabling it. (It can probably also be fixed by downloading and installing the sqlite jar.)

26. Offline

jascotty2

Version 0.3 ! :D
    plugin console output fixed
    console output width changed for when running windows
    plugin help override can be disabled (default)
    - plugin help registering is ignored if the command exists already
    - alternatively, can be disabled completely
    saving of registered commands can be disabled (also, now saves to file, not "_orig" files)
    ExtraHelp now uses filename as plugin name (plugin field no longer used)
    added formatting options:
    - shortenEntries : can show in old, one-line style
    - chat line (useWordWrap:false) - minecraft chat wraps to next line
    - columns (useWordWrap:true) - command on left, description in word wrap line(s)
    - - can be right-aligned (wordWrapRight:true)
    plugin entries can be set to not sorted (listed in the order found in the help file)
    "/help reload" is now op-only
    "ExtraHelp.yml" will now be converted (again.. seems to have been removed somewhere..)
    ExtraHelp supports a multi-directory structure (like FabiaN's help package) (plugin name will be the directory name)
    improved node error messages when loading
    fixed permissions 3x illegalAccessErrors on load (and api errors)

sorry for the delay.. i should've had this out last week :oops:

27. Offline

TheRec

Awesome, it works very well for the moment ! Thanks for your work ! I'm so happy this plugin is still maintained, help is really a great part of my server for new users. And now I know that whenever Essentials switches to Permissions3 I will be able to keep using Help :D

28. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

@jascotty2 – any API changes/additions?

29. Offline

jascotty2

yep :)
    (sorry, didn't elaborate)
    new API (open)

Code:
        /**
         * Gets the help text associated with this command
         * @param command the command to lookup
         * @return help text, or null if none
         */
        public String getHelp(String command) ;
        /**
         * Gets all of the commands registered with this plugin
         * @param plugin plugin to lookup
         * @return list of commands
         */
        public ArrayList<String> getPluginCommands(String plugin);

30. Offline

unl33t

started receiving this error after update. running the bukkit 961, wasn't getting the error with the previous version of Help and the same version of bukkit. is this more a problem with BigBrother or between BigBrother and help:

Code:
    2011-07-06 10:42:44 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Help v0.3 beta2 (Is it up to date?): tried to access field me.taylorkelly.help.Help.name from class me.taylorkelly.help.HelpList
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field me.taylorkelly.help.Help.name from class me.taylorkelly.help.HelpList
            at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpList.customHelp(HelpList.java:307)
            at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpList.<init>(HelpList.java:28)
            at me.taylorkelly.help.Help.onEnable(Help.java:33)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:864)
            at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BBHelp.initialize(BBHelp.java:30)
            at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BigBrother.onEnable(BigBrother.java:144)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:864)

31. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Most likely it's BigBrother trying to bypass the API and running into a problem with internals having changed. In other words, it's BigBrother's fault more than Help's.