Inactive [INFO] Help 3 - a Smarter /help [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jascotty2, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Offline

jascotty2

Help - The Smart /help Menu
    Version: 0.3.2
    Download: Help.jar

This is a new thread for the Help version that i maintain
    (tkelly hasn't been on for about a month as of this submission, and no updates to his version since 531)

Version 0.3 is (finally) out! :D

(any suggestions for what to work on next are welcome ;) )

Help has support for both GroupManager and Permissions, so you can use either one. You can also use neither if you so choose. Help will not force you to any which one.

What is Help?
    Help is a clean and advanced /help menu. Help separates "main" commands from secondary ones, allowing you to have a clean initial menu, but still able to dig down and get access to every possible command.

It is also the first /help menu to take into account permissions; some commands simply aren't applicable to all users, so those commands should clearly not be visible to those users. Now, default users' help menus won't be cluttered with commands for admin tools they have no way of using.

Scroll down for a preview, or see below for how to hook into Help :)

Help Commands
    /help (#) : Shows the /help menu.
    /help http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ (#)[/I][/B]:[/FONT] Shows all the help entries for [I][plugin][/I]. [B][FONT=courier new]/help plugins[/FONT][/B] : Shows a list of all the plugins with Help entries. [FONT=courier new][B]/help search [I][query][/I][/B][/FONT] : Searches for [I][query][/I] within it' entries. [B][FONT=courier new]/help reload[/FONT][/B] : Reloads the entries from ExtraHelp.yml. [SIZE=5][B][FONT=helvetica]Plugin Support[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] Help requires that plugins tell Help about the commands they use. This makes sure that the commands and permissions are accurate and precise (rather than trying to auto fetch commands). Because it's ridiculous to assume that all plugins will instantly jump up and support Help (we can dream can't we? :D), server admins can mimic this behavior by supplying... [SIZE=5][B][FONT=helvetica]Custom ExtraHelp/[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] I'll also cover how you can add custom commands to the /help menu here. Each command has a "name", this name is only for you, as Help doesn't care about it (they just need to be unique names). In the following example the names are 'versions', 'pluginversions', 'kick' and 'essentialswho'. Within these Nodes you [FONT=Georgia][U][I][B]need[/B][/I][/U][/FONT] [B][SIZE=4]2[/SIZE][/B] things: command, description, [SIZE=2][S]and plugin[/S][/SIZE]. These should be self-explanatory. The two optional pieces are "main" and "permissions" [INDENT=1]The previously required "plugin" node has been replaced by the filename itself.[/INDENT] [INDENT=1]so if you have entries for "Minecraft", put those entries within "Minecraft.yml" in help's ExtreHelp folder.[/INDENT] [INDENT=1]If you have many commands & don't want them cluttering the same file (like worldedit), you can put them in a folder instead (the folder name will be the name used for plugin)[/INDENT] If you specify a "main", you can choose whether or not the command is important enough to show up on the main /help menu; if you leave it blank or skip it, it will default to 'false' If you specify a "visible", you can specify whether the command shows up at all. This is useful for overriding other plugins' built-in Help support (in case you don't want all the commands); if you leave it blank or skip it, it will default to 'true'. If you specify a "permissions", you can choose what is necessary for the user to see the command; and leaving it blank will allow all to see. So in the case of /version, all users can use it, so no permissions. But with /who, you have to have essentials.list, so that was specified. There is also a special permission case, "OP". By specifying this, this will require the user to be an OP to use the command (as is the case with Minecraft's built-in /kick command). [code] versions: command: version description: Show the version of Minecraft and CB plugin: CraftBukkit main: true pluginversions: command: version [plugin] description: Shows the version of [plugin] plugin: CraftBukkit kick: command: kick [player] description: Kicks [player] from the server plugin: Minecraft main: true permissions: OP essentialswho: command: who description: Show who's one the server plugin: Essentials main: true permissions: essentials.list [/code] [B][SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica]How To Hook into Help.[/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [spoiler="API"] Hooking into Help is extremely easy, and very similar to hooking into any permission-plugin. When your plugin is starting up, just grab the Help plugin and register your commands with Help's registerCommand() method; that's it! Here's the API and some examples. If you'd like a concrete example, check out the relevant source code from [URL='https://github.com/tkelly910/MyHome/blob/master/src/main/java/me/taylorkelly/myhome/HomeHelp.java'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]MyHome[/COLOR][/URL] and [URL='https://github.com/tkelly910/BigBrother/blob/master/src/main/java/me/taylorkelly/bigbrother/BBHelp.java'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]BigBrother[/COLOR][/URL]. [SIZE=4][FONT=helvetica][B]Help API[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [code] /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * There are no permissions, so all users can see it. * It is also not a "main" help entry. * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin); /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * There are no permissions, so all users can see it. * You can set whether the plugin is a "main" entry or not * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin, boolean main); /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * You can specify one or more permissions. * If a user has permissions for at least (1) of them, he can see this command * It is also not a "main" help entry. * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin, String... permissions); /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * You can specify one or more permissions. * If a user has permissions for at least (1) of them, he can see this command * You can set whether the plugin is a "main" entry or not * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin, boolean main, String... permissions); /** * Gets the help text associated with this command * @param command the command to lookup * @return help text, or null if none */ public String getHelp(String command); /** * Gets all of the commands registered with this plugin * @param plugin plugin to lookup * @return list of commands */ public ArrayList getPluginCommands(String plugin); [/code] [SIZE=4][FONT=helvetica][B]Basic Example[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [code] // plugin is the instance of your Plugin registering the commands Plugin test = plugin.getServer().getPluginManager().getPlugin("Help"); if (test != null) { Logger log = Logger.getLogger("Minecraft"); Help helpPlugin = ((Help) test); // Registers a main command. But all users will be able to see it helpPlugin.registerCommand("home help", "Help for all MyHome commands", plugin, true); // Registers a secondary command to our plugin (MyHome), but the user has to have the permission to see it helpPlugin.registerCommand("home", "Go home young chap!", plugin, "myhome.home.basic.home"); log.log(Level.INFO, "'Help' support enabled."); } else { Logger log = Logger.getLogger("Minecraft"); log.log(Level.WARNING, "'Help' isn't detected. No /help support."); } [/code] [SIZE=4][FONT=helvetica][B]Slightly More Advanced Example[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [code] Help helpPlugin = ((Help) test); String[] permissions = new String[]{"bb.admin.watch", "bb.admin.info", "bb.admin.rollback", "bb.admin.cleanse"}; // If a user has any one of those permissions, they'll be able to see /bb help. A main command helpPlugin.registerCommand("bb help", "Help for all BigBrother commands", plugin, true, permissions); // If a user has "bb.admin.watch" they'll be able to see /bb watch [player]. A secondary command helpPlugin.registerCommand("bb watch [player]", "Toggle the watch on [player]", plugin, permissions[0]); [/code] [/spoiler] [FONT=helvetica][SIZE=5][B]Plugins with Help Support[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] Here's a quick list of plugins (and version) that have built in Help support. - MyHome v1.9.2+ - MyWarp v1.10.3+ - BigBrother v1.6.4+ - Citizens v1.0+ - General 3.1+ - TelePlus 1.6+ - Pixl 1.3+ - Vampire 1.3+ - BetterShop 1.6.2+ - Wormhole-X-Treme 0.812+ - Tele++ v1.3.4 [FONT=helvetica][SIZE=5][B]ExtraHelp Packs[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL='https://github.com/FabianN/MC-Bukkit-HelpExtra'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]FabianN put together a repository of entries for your ExtraHelp/ that represent other plugins' commands.[/COLOR][/URL] It's really awesome and was helped put together by others from the community. [SIZE=5][B][FONT=helvetica]Preview[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AE9cG.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cII2X.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][B][FONT=helvetica]Changelog[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] Version 0.3.2 - 7/21/11 [LIST] [*]lowered chat fill size.. should fix some wrapping issues [/LIST] Version 0.3.1 - 7/7/11 [LIST] [*]fixed NullPointerException on entry save when no permissions [/LIST] Version 0.3 - 7/6/11 [LIST] [*]fixed loading help & plugin help registering before plugin onEnable [/LIST] [spoiler="Changelog"] Version 0.3 beta2 - 7/4/11 [LIST] [*]plugin console output fixed [*]console output width changed for when running windows [*]plugin help override can be disabled (default) [LIST] [*]plugin help registering is ignored if the command exists already [*]alternatively, can be disabled completely [/LIST] [*]saving of registered commands can be disabled (also, now saves to file, not "_orig" files) [*]ExtraHelp now uses filename as plugin name (plugin field no longer used) [*]added formatting options: [LIST] [*]shortenEntries : can show in old, one-line style [*]chat line (useWordWrap:false) - minecraft chat wraps to next line [*]columns (useWordWrap:true) - command on left, description in word wrap line(s) [LIST] [*]can be right-aligned (wordWrapRight:true) [/LIST] [/LIST] [*]plugin entries can be set to not sorted (listed in the order found in the help file) [*]"/help reload" is now op-only [*]"ExtraHelp.yml" will now be converted (again.. seems to have been removed somewhere..) [*]ExtraHelp supports a multi-directory structure (like FabiaN's help package) (plugin name will be the directory name) [*]improved node error messages when loading [*]fixed permissions 3x illegalAccessErrors on load (and api errors) [/LIST] Version 0.2.4.1 - 4/4/11 [LIST] [*]another illegalAccessError (hopefully) resolved [/LIST] Version 0.2.4 - 4/2/11 [LIST] [*]updated an illegalAccess error that was occurring in 617 [/LIST] Version 0.2.3 - 3/25/11 [LIST] [*]fixed a null pointer exception in plugin help [/LIST] Version 0.2.2 - 3/24/11 [LIST] [*]various null pointer fixes (could have nullpointerException on load without) [*]improved help listing [*]added console help support [/LIST] [SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica]Before i started maintaining: [/FONT][/SIZE] [I][SIZE=12px][SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica][B][URL='http://taylorkelly.me/plugins/Help/Help%20v0-2.zip'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]Help v0.2 [531][/COLOR][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px][I]Released 15 Mar, 2011[/I][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Built with latest recommend build (531)[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Multiline support. Descriptions of commands can now be as long as you'd like.[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Separated ExtraHelp.yml into separate YML files (for each plugin, etc).[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Plugin overriding. Don't like how a plugin has their Help support? Completely customize their entries.[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px][SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica][B][URL='http://taylorkelly.me/plugins/Help/Help%20v0-1-1.zip'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]Help v0.1.1 [493][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px][I]Released 6 Mar, 2011[/I][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Built with latest recommend build (493)[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Updated for GroupManager 1.0[/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px][SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica][B][URL='http://taylorkelly.me/plugins/Help/Help%20v0-1.zip'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]Help v0.1 [440][/COLOR][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px][I]Released 28 Feb, 2011[/I][/SIZE][/I] [I][SIZE=12px]- Intial Release[/SIZE][/I] [\spoiler]/

2. Offline

khamseen_air

Thanks for taking this on jascotty2, much appreciated! :)

3. Offline

MacG32

jascotty2, thank you for keeping this alive and well. :)

4. Thank you very much for this useful plugin I'm using on my server.
    Too bad the only plugins I could find with help notes are BigBrother and MyHome. :-(

5. Offline

beatcomet

pleas upload it to somewhere else, github isn't loading

6. Offline

PatrickFreed

I have a question:
    Lets say a player has permissions to x.x, but not y.y.
    If that player types /help, will it only show the x.x commnads?
    I only ask because at the moment I have it set up as /help general, /help moderator, and /help admin and these all link to /help [pluginnames].
    It would be much more simple if it just displayed different /help menus for different groups.

7. Offline

RobotGymnast

Is the Help.jar in CraftBukkitUpToDate this Help?

8. Offline

jascotty2

that's the idea, anyway :)
    if a help node has a permission assigned to it, it will only show that entry to those who have that permission
    no.. will have to get that updated

9. Offline

Nelien

Any way to modify the Help_orig.yml file? Help keeps restoring it to default every time I restart the server. (I want to put /help http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ in the /help Help subgroup instead)./

10. Offline

NateLogan

There was a bug in tkelly's version: Changing param "main" to false in MyHome ExtraHelp file results in override to default settings. Could you look into that (possibly remove entire connection to MyHome, it's not necessary)?

Suggestion: If the help entry is long and wrapped to multiple lines, command is before the description AND is also repeated after the description. I think it causes only confusion, so could you add an option to disable this?

11. Offline

jascotty2

for databases, i have found yaml files to be problematic..
    when i have time to start scouring through the code, i'm thinking of changing the format to a csv file to make it less problematic & easier to edit
    (of course, will automatically convert existing entries & still support multiple help files)

thoughts?

13. Offline

Nelien

Already tried that. Doesn't help. Example, I changed the help text of /help Help in Help.yml, and I saw the change in the main /help menu, but as soon as I do /help Help the help text of /help Help in the submenu is the default one, even when I've deleted Help_orig.yml.

I think there's a bug here, the plugin seems to reload the default Help messages no matter what configuration of help files you have. Also, I'm struggling to remove the bigbrother_orig.yml as well, having the same problems. Can't in any way change the settings (even when I completely delete them).

Plugins I've installed are Essentials 2.1.37, BigBrother 344, Permissions 2.7, HeroChat 4.10.3 and Help 0.2.4.1.

14. Can you add more help supports? With more popular plugins too.?

15. Deleting Help_orig.yml doesn't do anything; the _orig.yml files are not used by the plugin (I assume) and are simply there as "information". If you rename Help_orig.yml to Help.yml and edit it to change what you want, it should work fine. However, do note that changing the keys (the not-indented lines) would probably create problems.

That's the intended behaviour, anyway. I haven't verified that it actually works.

16. Offline

Nelien

This is what I assumed was the case in the first place, I copied the Help_orig.yml file, edited it, but only some of the changes were apparent. I never changed the keys either, only the values, like main: false instead of true, etc.

Help.yml (open)
    Code:
    helpHelp:
        visible: true
        description: Help about Help, really lost are we?
        command: help Help
        plugin: TOC
        main: true
    help:
        description: Displays the basic Help menu
        command: help
        plugin: Help
        main: false
    help[plugin]:
        description: Displays the full help for [topic]
        command: help [topic]
        permissions: help.admin
    helpplugins:
        description: Show all the plugins with Help entries
        command: help plugins
    helpsearch[query]:
        description: Search the help entries for [query]
        command: help search [query]
    helpreload:
        description: Reload the ExtraHelp entries
        command: help reload

That's what my Help.yml looks like. Yet my /help menu STILL shows /help http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ on the main page and with the default description. At the same time the /help Help menu has the edited description.. Very unpredictable behaviour in my opinion./

17. Does overriding work for plugins other than Help?

18. Offline

Bjourk

kahlilnc likes this.
  19. Offline

Alex K

I would really like to get this working, I used the about BJourk files from the Github, because honestly I'm too lazy to fill them in myself. Anyways, this is the end product, and in game, none of these permissions work, at all. It doesn't even see the plugin with help. It's very frustrating, and I don't understand why it's not working. Could anyone please elaborate?
    Code:
    entriesPerPage: 9
    bbhelp:
        description: Help for all BigBrother commands
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.watch
        - bb.admin.info
        - bb.admin.rollback
        - bb.admin.cleanse
        command: bb help
        plugin: BigBrother
    bbwatch[player]:
        description: Toggle the watch on [player]
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.watch
        command: bb watch [player]
    bbwatched:
        description: Displays the list of watched players
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.info
        command: bb watched
    bbunwatched:
        description: Displays the list of unwatched players
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.info
        command: bb unwatched
    bbstick(#):
        description: Tools to examine block history
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.info
        command: bb stick (#)
    bbhere:
        description: An overview of the block history around you
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.info
        command: bb here
    bbhere[#]:
        description: An overview of [#] blocks around you
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.info
        command: bb here [#]
    bbhere[player]:
        description: Displays [player]'s changes around you
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.info
        command: bb here [player]
    bbhere[player][#]:
        description: Displays [player]'s changes within [#] blocks
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.info
        command: bb here [player] [#]
    bbfind[x][y][z]:
        description: Displays changes around [x] [y] [z]
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.info
        command: bb find [x] [y] [z]
    bbfind[x][y][z][player]:
        description: Displays [player]'s changes around [x] [y] [z]
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.info
        command: bb find [x] [y] [z] [player]
    bbrollback(players)(t)(r)(id):
        description: Perform a rollback with given arguments
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.rollback
        command: bb rollback (players) (t) (r) (id)
    bbundo:
        description: Undoes the most recent rollback
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.rollback
        command: bb undo
    bbcleanse:
        description: Cleanse the database
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.cleanse
        command: bb cleanse
    bblog:
        description: Displays more /help options
        permissions:
        - bb.admin.info
        command: help Help
        helpHelp: null
    help:
        description: Displays the basic Help menu
        command: help
    help[plugin]:
        description: Displays the full help for [plugin]
        command: help [plugin]
    helpplugins:
        description: Show all the plugins with Help entries
        command: help plugins
    helpsearch[query]:
        description: Search the help entries for [query]
        command: help search [query]
    helpreload:
        description: Reload the ExtraHelp.yml entries
        command: help reload
    WorldGuard:
        command: help WorldGuard
        description: Display WorldGuard Commands
        plugin: WorldGuard
        permissions: /heal
    Stopfire:
        command: stopfire
        description: Disables fire spread globally.
        permissions: /stopfire
    Allowfire:
        command: allowfire
        description: Re-enables fire after /stopfire is used.
        permissions: /stopfire
    God:
        command: god
        description: Toggle your invincibility.
        permissions: /god
    Godother:
        command: god [Player]
        description: Toggle a players invincibility.
        permissions: /godother
    Heal:
        command: heal
        description: Heal yourself.
        permissions: /heal
    Healother:
        command: heal [Player]
        description: Heals yourself or antoher player.
        permissions: /healother
    Slay:
        command: slay [Player]
        description: Kill yourself or another player.
        permissions: /slay
    Stack:
        command: stack
        description: Stack unstackable items.
        permissions: /stack
    Locate:
        command: locate [<player>|<x> <y> <z>]
        description: Set your compass to point to spawn/player/position. (NOT live)
        permissions: /locate
    ReloadWG:
        command: reloadwg
        description: Reloads WorldGuards configuration and blacklist.
        permissions: /reloadwg
    WorldEdit:
        description: Display WorldEdit commands.
        command: help WorldEdit
        plugin: WorldEdit
        permissions: worldedit
    chunkinfo:
        description: Get information about the chunk that you are inside
        command: chunkinfo
        permissions: worldedit.chunkinfo
    listchunks:
        description: List chunks that your selection includes
        command: listchunks
        permissions: worldedit.listchunks
    delchunks:
        description: Delete chunks that your selection includes
        command: delchunks
        permissions: worldedit.delchunks
    distr:
        command: /distr [-c]
        description: Get the distribution of blocks in the selection
        permissions: worldedit.analysis.distr
    count:
        command: //count <block>
        description: Counts the number of a type of block
        permissions: worldedit.analysis.count
    searchitem:
        description: Search for an item
        command: search[item] [-bi] [query]
    limit:
        description: Modify block change limit
        command: /limit [limit]
        permissions: worldedit.limit
    snapshot:
        description: Use/list snapshots
        command: snapshot, snap [use <snapshot>] [list [num]]
        permissions: worldedit.snapshots.list
    restore:
        description: Restore the selection from a snapshot
        command: restore [snapshot]
        permissions: worldedit.snapshot.restore
    /:
        description: Toggle the super pickaxe pickaxe function
        command: /
        permissions: worldedit.superpickaxe
    superpickaxesingle:
        description: Switch to single block super pickaxe mode
        command: sp single
        permissions: worldedit.superpickaxe
    superpickaxearea:
        description: Switch to area super pickaxe mode
        command: sp area <range>
        permissions: worldedit.superpickaxe.area
    superpickaxerecur:
        description: Switch to recursive super pickaxe mode
        command: sp recur <range>
        permissions: worldedit.superpickaxe.recursive
    cs:
        description: Executes a script.
        command: cs <script> [arguments]
        permissions: worldedit.scripting.execute
    .s:
        description: Re-executes last script with new arguments.
        command: .s [arguments]
    script.js:
        description: Executes a JS script.
        command: <script>.js [arguments]
    WEUtil:
        description: Display WorldEdit Utility commands
        command: help WEUtil
        permissions: worldedit.weutil
    fixlava:
        description: Fix lava to be stationary
        command: fixlava <radius>
        plugin: WEUtil
        permissions: worldedit.fixlava
    fixwater:
        description: Fix water to be stationary
        command: fixwater <radius>
        permissions: worldedit.fixwater
    removeabove:
        description: Remove blocks above your head.
        command: removeabove [size] [height]
        permissions: worldedit.removeabove
    removebelow:
        description: Remove blocks below your feet.
        command: removebelow [size] [height]
        permissions: worldedit.removebelow
    removenear:
        description: Remove blocks near you.
        command: removenear [block] [size]
        permissions: worldedit.removenear
    replacenear:
        description: Replace nearby blocks
        command: replacenear <size> <from-id> <to-id>
        permissions: worldedit.replacenear
    snow:
        description: Simulate snow cover
        command: snow [radius]
        permissions: worldedit.snow
    thaw:
        description: Unthaw/remove snow
        command: thaw [radius]
        permissions: worldedit.thaw
    ex:
        description: Extinguish nearby fire
        command: ex, /extinguish [size]
        permissions: worldedit.extinguish
    butcher:
        description: Kill nearby mobs
        command: butcher [radius]
        permissions: worldedit.butcher
    remove:
        description: Remove all entities of a type
        command: remove, /rem <type> <radius>
        permissions: worldedit.remove
    fill:
        description: Fill a hole
        command: /fill <block> <radius> [depth]
        permissions: worldedit.fill
    fillr:
        description: Fill a hole recursively
        command: /fillr <block> <radius>
        permissions: worldedit.fill.recursive
    drain:
        description: Drain nearby water/lava pools
        command: /drain [radius]
        permissions: worldedit.drain
    TimeShiftDay:
        command: shift day
        description: Changes time to day
        plugin: TimeShift
        permissions: timeshift.shift
    TimeShiftNight:
        command: shift night
        description: Changes time to night
    TimeShiftStop:
        command: shift stop
        description: Stops time
    TimeShiftCancel:
        command: 'time '
        description: Cancels shift
    TimeShiftStartDay:
        command: shift startup day
        description: Set server startup to day
        permissions: timeshift.startup
    TimeShiftStartNight:
        command: shift startup night
        description: Set server startup to night
    TimeShiftStartStop:
        command: shift startup stop
        description: Set server startup to stopped time
    LWC:
        command: help lwc
        description: List the help for LWC Plugin (Chest Protection)
        plugin: LWC
        permissions: lwc.protect
    lwccreatepublic:
        command: lwc -c public
        description: Create a public protection
    lwccreatepassword:
        command: lwc -c password [password]
        description: Create a password-protected protection
    lwccreateprivate:
        command: lwc -c private
        description: Create a private protection
    lwcmodify:
        command: lwc -m
        description: Modify an existing protection
    lwcunlock:
        command: lwc -u [password]
        description: Unlock something (when asked)
    lwcview:
        command: lwc -i
        description: View information on an already protected inventory
    localshophelp:
        command: help localshop
        description: Shows the help for creating a personal store.
        plugin: Localshop
        permissions: localshops
    localshopcreate:
        command: lshop create [ShopName]
        description: Creates a 10x10x3 shop centered where you are.
        permissions: localshops.create
    localshopdelete:
        command: lshop destroy [ShopName]
        description: Destroys your shop.
        permissions: localshops.destroy
    localshopaddall:
        command: lshop add all
        description: Adds the block in your and all all of the same type in your inventory.
        permissions: localshops.manage
    localshopadd:
        command: lshop add [itemname] [amount]
        description: Adds amount of named item to the shop.
    localshopremove:
        command: lshop remove [itemname]
        description: Removes item from shop. Remaining inventory gets returned to player.
    localshoplist:
        command: lshop list (buy|sell|info)
        description: Lists items in the current shop.
        permissions: localshops
    localshopsell:
        command: lshop sell (#|all)
        description: Sells block in hand to the shop.
        permissions: localshops.buysell
    localshopsellnamed:
        command: lshop [itemname] [amount|all]
        description: Sells the named item to the shop.
    localshopbuy:
        command: lshop buy [itemname] [amount]
        description: Buys item from the shop.
    localshopsetbuy:
        command: lshop set buy [itemname] [price] (stack size)
        description: Sets buy price of the named item in the shop.
    localshopsetsell:
        command: lshop set sell [itemname] [price] (stack size)
        description: Sets the sell price of the named item in the shop.
    localshopsetstock:
        command: lshop set max [itemname] [amount]
        description: Sets the max stock level for a shop.
    localshopmanager:
        command: lshop set manager +player -player
        description: Use +/- to add/remove managers who can add/remove items from the shop.
    localshopsetowner:
        command: lshop set owner [player]
        description: Transfur ownership of the shop. Shopowner gets all profits from the shop.
        permissions: localshops.manage.owner
    localshopsetunlimited:
        command: lshop set unlimited [money|stock]
        description: Sets a shop to have unlimited stock/money.
        permissions: localshops.admin
    localshopreload:
        command: lshop reload
        description: Reloads the config files.
        permissions: localshops.reload
    iConomyBAhelp:
        command: account help [page]
        description: Displays help page.
        plugin: iConomy BankAccount
    iConomyBAopen:
        command: account open <accountname> [players]
        description: Open account with specified name and playernames.
    iConomyBAinfo:
        command: account info <accountname>
        description: Shows Account information.
    iConomyBAbalance:
        command: account balance <accountname>
        description: Shows the balance in your account.
    iConomyBAuser>account:
        command: account adduser <accountname> <player>
        description: Add another player to your account.
    iConomyBAuser<account:
        command: account removeuser <accountname> <player>
        description: Remove a user from an account.
        permissions: bankaccount.admin
    iConomyBApassword:
        command: account password <accountname> [password]
        description: Set a password for your account.
    iConomyBAdeposit:
        command: account deposit <accountname> <amount>
        description: Deposit a specified amount into the specified account.
    iConomyBAwithdraw:
        command: account withdraw <accountname> <amount> [password]
        description: Withdray a specified amount from the specified account.
    iConomyBAtransfer:
        command: account transfer <from account> <to account> <amount> [password]
        description: Transer a specified amount between two accounts.
    iConomyBAclose:
        command: account close <accountname> [password]
        description: Delete an account.
    iConomyBAselect:
        command: account select
        description: Select an account from a list.
    iConomyBAsetArea:
        command: account setarea <areaname>
        description: Give a specified area an account.
    iConomyBAremoveArea:
        command: account removearea <areaname>
        description: Remove the account from specified area.
    iConomyCheckBalance:
        command: money
        description: Check your balance
        plugin: iConomy
    iConomyHelp:
        command: money ?
        description: Displays help and info
    iConomyRank:
        command: money rank (player)
        description: View rank on topcharts
        permissions: iConomy.rank
    iConomyTopRanks:
        command: money top (amount)
        description: Richest players listing
        permissions: iConomy.list
    iConomyPay:
        command: money pay [player] [amount]
        description: Send money to player
        permissions: iConomy.payment
    iConomyGive:
        command: money grant [player] [amount]
        description: Give money
        permissions: iConomy.admin.grant
    iConomyTake:
        command: money grant [player] -[amount]
        description: Take money
        permissions: iConomy.admin.grant
    iConomySetBalance:
        command: money set [player] [amount]
        description: Sets a player's account balance
        permissions: iConomy.admin.set
    iConomyReset:
        command: money reset [player]
        description: Resets a player's account
        permissions: iConomy.admin.reset
    iConomyStats:
        command: money stats
        description: Check all economic statistics
        permissions: iConomy.admin.stats
    ESocial:
        command: help ESocial
        description: List all Social commands from Essentials
        plugin: Essentials
    essentialsmsg:
        command: tell [player] [message]
        description: This allows you to private message another player.
        plugin: ESocial
        permissions: essentials.msg
    essentialsafk:
        command: afk [reason]
        description: Sets your status as AFK.
        permissions: essentials.afk
    essentialsrules:
        command: rules [page]
        description: Displays the rules.
        permissions: essentials.rules
    essentialsmotd:
        command: motd
        description: Displays the Message Of The Day.
        permissions: essentials.motd
    essentialsme:
        command: me [message]
        description: Allows you to emote.
        permissions: essentials.me
    essentialslist:
        command: list
        description: Lists the players online and how many slots are left.
        permissions: essentials.list
    essentialsmail:
        command: mail [read|clear|send] [player] [message]
        description: Access mailbox.
        permissions: essentials.mail
    essentialshelpop:
        command: helpop [message]
        description: Requests help from online admins/operators.
        permissions: essentials.helpop
    essentialswhois:
        command: whois [nickname|playername]
        description: Displays a players info.
        permissions: essentials.whois
    EMod:
        command: help EMod
        description: Display Essentials Moderator Commands
        permissions: essentials.ban
    essentialsban:
        command: ban [playername]
        description: Bans a specified player.
        plugin: EMod
        permissions: essentials.ban
    essentialsbanip:
        command: banip [playername]
        description: Bans the IP of a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.banip
    essentialsmute:
        command: mute [playername]
        description: Mutes or un-mutes a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.mute
    essentialskick:
        command: kick [playername] [reason]
        description: Kicks a specified player off the server.
        permissions: essentials.kick
    essentialskickall:
        command: kick [playername] [reason]
        description: Kicks all players off the server.
        permissions: essentials.kickall
    essentialsunban:
        command: unban [playername]
        description: Unbans a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.unban
    essentialsunbanip:
        command: unbanip [playername|IP address]
        description: Unbans a specified players IP address.
        permissions: essentials.unbanip
    essentialstjail:
        command: tjail [playername]
        description: Jail/unjail a player. Jailing prevents them from building and destroying blocks.
        permissions: essentials.togglejail
    essentialssetjail:
        command: setjail [jail name]
        description: Set a jail point at your current location.
        permissions: essentials.setjail
    EAdmin:
        command: help EAdmin
        description: List all Essentials Admin Commands
        permissions: essentials.essentials
    essentialsnick:
        command: nick [player] [nickname|off]
        description: Allows you to give yourself or another player a nick name.
        plugin: EAdmin
        permissions: essentials.nick
    essentialsreload:
        command: essentials
        description: Reloads your Essentials.jar configuration.
        permissions: essentials.essentials
    essentialsreloadall:
        command: rel
        description: Reloads all of your plugins. (Can crash server!)
        permissions: essentials.reloadall
    essentialsgc:
        command: gc
        description: Displays chunk, memory, and world information.
        permissions: essentials.gc
    essentialsplugin:
        command: plugin [enable|disable|reload] [plugin name]
        description: Allows you to enable, disable, or reload a specified plugin.
        permissions: essentials.plugin
    essentialsspawnmob:
        command: spawnmob [mob],[mount]:[size] [amount]
        description: Allows you to spawn a specified mob with an optional mount.
        permissions: essentials.spawnmob
    essentialsclearinv:
        command: clearinventory [player name]
        description: Allows you to clear your own inventory or the inventory of a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.clearinventory
    essentialsbroadcast:
        command: broadcast
        description: Displays a specified message to all players on the server.
        permissions: essentials.broadcast
    essentialsburn:
        command: burn [player] [sec]
        description: Sets a player on fire for time.
        permissions: essentials.burn
    essentialsext:
        command: ext [player]
        description: Extinguish a player.
        permissions: essentials.ext
    essentialskill:
        command: kill
        description: Allows you to kill a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.kill
    essentialsping:
        command: ping
        description: Replys with a "Pong!". Used to make sure Essentials.jar is working correctly.
        permissions: essentials.ping
    ECheats:
        command: help ECheats
        description: Display Available Cheats
    essentialsgive:
        command: give [player] [item] [amount]
        description: Allows you to give another player a specified item.
        plugin: ECheats
        permissions: essentials.give
    essentialsitem:
        command: i [player] [item] [amount]
        description: Gives yourself a specified item.
        permissions: essentials.item
    essentialstime:
        command: time [day|night]
        description: Allows you to switch the world time between day and night.
        permissions: essentials.time
    essentialstree:
        command: tree [tree|birch|redwood]
        description: Spawns a specified tree 2 blocks in front of yourself.
        permissions: essentials.tree
    essentialsbigtree:
        command: bigtree [tree|redwood]
        description: Spawns a specified big tree 2 blocks in front of yourself.
        permissions: essentials.bigtree
    essentialsgod:
        command: god
        description: Makes you invulnerable to all damage types.
        permissions: essentials.god
    essentialsheal:
        command: heal [player]
        description: Allows you to completely heal yourself or a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.heal
    ColormeList:
        command: colorme list
        description: Lists your color choices.
        plugin: ColorMe
    ColormeColor:
        command: colorme <color> [name]
        description: Set color of player's name if defined, otherwise set your name's color.
    ColormeReset:
        command: colorme <name>
        description: Resets your name color.

20. Offline

NateLogan

Displaying the help in Windows CMD is pretty messy:
    console.jpg

(you could even add option to completely disable this feature)

emoknight likes this.
  21. Looks like you've copied everything into your Help.yml file. That's not how it works; you need to put the yml files for each plugin in the ExtraHelp folder beside Help.yml.

22. Offline

emoknight

can u change the Help_orig file so at we can change the setting. plz?

23. Offline

NateLogan

24. Updated to allow /help to work in console?

25. Offline

Thyraxxx

good job on this plugin ! realy apreciate the time fabian took to make this pack too, save me a lot of time. [diamond]

26. Offline

Zothen

I really hoped it might work on CB714, but unfortunatly:

Code:
    2011-04-24 23:48:23 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'help' in plugin Help v0.2
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:650)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:613)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:607)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:36)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:73)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: me.taylorkelly.help.Lister.<init>(Lme/taylorkelly/help/HelpList;Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;)V
        at me.taylorkelly.help.Help.onCommand(Help.java:65)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more

27. Offline

massEntropy

I just wanted to thank you for this plugin. It's simple, and it works great. I also wanted to share some info. I had a problem with a .yml and could not get it to work. So I found and used a .yml parser to find my pesky error. I hope this link does not bereak any rules of the forum. It sure did help me.
    http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/

The error I had was on this line:
    Code:
    herochatqchanmsg:
        command: [channel] [message]

Needed to add something before [channel]
    Code:
    herochatqchanmsg:
        command: qm [channel] [message]

Yeah I know.. DUH
    Lucky for me... HeroChat had two option for this command.

I've also included the .yml (as .txt) I was working on and another I noticed was not in FabiaN's collection (BTW Thanks FabiaN!). I know HeroChat has it's own help. But wanted an easier way for my users.

Server is running CB714. Works great!

Looks like an update will help you. You seem to be on version 0.2. Current version is 2.4.1

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  28. Offline

Gauntlet

cant seem to get it to load extrahelp files

Show Spoiler
    Code:
    2011-04-24 18:21:34 [INFO] plugins\Help\ExtraHelp\wenav.yml
    2011-04-24 18:21:34 [SEVERE] [HELP] Error!
    mapping values are not allowed here
     in "<reader>", line 21, column 24:
                console = { log: function() {} }
                               ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchValue(ScannerImpl.java:745)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:307)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.peekToken(ScannerImpl.java:204)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseDocumentEnd.produce(ParserImpl.java:267)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.getEvent(ParserImpl.java:173)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:124)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)

at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpLoader.load(HelpLoader.java:30)

at me.taylorkelly.help.Help.onEnable(Help.java:38)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:584)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:287)

at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:196)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:650)

2011-04-24 18:21:34 [INFO] plugins\Help\ExtraHelp\wesel.yml
    2011-04-24 18:21:34 [SEVERE] [HELP] Error!
    mapping values are not allowed here
     in "<reader>", line 21, column 24:
                console = { log: function() {} }
                               ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchValue(ScannerImpl.java:745)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:307)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.peekToken(ScannerImpl.java:204)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseDocumentEnd.produce(ParserImpl.java:267)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.getEvent(ParserImpl.java:173)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:124)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)

at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpLoader.load(HelpLoader.java:30)

at me.taylorkelly.help.Help.onEnable(Help.java:38)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:584)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:287)

at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:196)

29. Offline

Zothen

Nope, even that version claims its a 0.2. Guess that msg is not updated. Also the same bug with 2.4.1.
    Well, it wasnt said that it already supports 1.5 anyway. Back to the waiting game! =)

30. Offline

khamseen_air

Displays as 0.2.4.1 on our server log.

Code:
    [INFO] [HELP] Help 0.2.4.1 enabled