[INFO] CanSpawn v1.0 - Check if a mob can spawn! [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by robin0van0der0v, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Offline

robin0van0der0v

CanSpawn - Check if a mob can spawn!
    Version: v1.0

Features:
    • Check if a mob can spawn on your location.
    Download CanSpawn!
    Source is inside the jar file.

How to use:
    You can use the command "/canspawn" (or "/cs") for checking which mobs can spawn on your location.

Permissions:
    Give the player you want this permissions for using the command "/canspawn".
    Code:
    canspawn.canspawn
    Known bugs:
    None. :D

Changelog:
    Version 1.0
    • Release.

2. Offline

godsyn

Idea: place a redstone torch in a ~20x20x3 area, showing everywhere a mob could spawn, so you don't have to check every dark location.

3. Offline

SoulSalmon

Saw this, hoping for something... a bit better.
    I'm not saying it's a bad plugin at all, but it's quite tedious if you have a large area that you need to check. (On ym server we just made a spawn area "hub" but noticed that theres a place mobs can spawn in it...)

Just think about configurable distance checking, EG:"Can a mob spawn in any blocks in a 5x5x1 area?" and "Can a monster spawn in all blocks within a 1x1x6 area" for example.

4. Offline

Soryo

I just tried the mod out and walked in a place that is fully lit with torchest to test
    typed in
    /canspawn
    and it gave me a list of every single mob... What is this mod supposed to do exactly? Tell you what type of mob spawns in this specific biome or what can spawn in this lighting?

I was hoping it was the 2nd.... i can see how it could be tedious from the 2 posts from above, but I can't imagine you'd need to check that many times... it's just in questionable areas and it's easy to see which is the darkest spot if you turn the new lighting code Notch put in off

5. Offline

SoulSalmon

The mob names in red can't spawn there, the mob names in green can :) it will only show green if a mob can spawn naturally in that exact lighting/biome/depth/block/etc

6. Offline

sinkir

link is dead for me .. :/

7. Offline

maystorm

Same for me, link is dead. Domain "robin-mc.co.cc" is resolved to 10.10.10.10 - must be somewhat wrong. :(

8. Offline

draeath

Worked the first time, now it doesn't.

Check your domain's NS A records.

9. Offline

poiNt_3D

Someone, make a mirror, please!

10. Offline

Physikbuddha

No 1.8-support? :( (It works flawless, but endermen & Co. aren't displayed)