Inactive [INFO/ADMIN] LogBlock v1.54 - Enderdragon Logging! Tree Grow Logging! [1.4.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DiddiZ, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Offline

DiddiZ

Version: 1.50​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Find and Backroll those Damn Griefers
    LogBlock release are on DevBukkit:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/logblock/

LogBlock dev builds:
    http://ci.kitteh.org/job/LogBlock/

Please read the installation guide

I won't port LogBlock myself to mcAPI. Source code is available, so it shouldn't be to difficult for someone else to do it, also I'm still here. so I can answer questions. If there is more than one willing, that's up to you to handle that.

The reasons I take this step, are the usual: I quit playing Minecraft about 5 months ago and lastly I was struggling to keep up with updates. The developement of Guardian made slow progress, so I fear it won't be ready to fully replace LB in time.

Download latest dev build: Jenkins
    View the source code: GitHub
    Table of contents:
    1. Description
    2. Features
    3. Why to use LogBlock
    4. Example command
    5. Older versions
    6. Change log
    7. Todo list / feature requests
    8. Permission nodes
    9. Plugins supporting this
    10. Support the dev
    11. How to post error messages
    12. Advertizing
    Description:

LogBlock logs block changes into a MySQL database. Block changes can be placed or destroyed block, explosions, burned blocks, sign text changes, chest access, leaves decay etc.
    It can be used as griefer identification tool, to find out who build a particular building, or even roll back changes by certain players. Other purposes can be e.g: Undoing of forest fires
    All additional features are optional, to keep the database as short as possible. All database actions run in their own threads to avoid server lags.
    The use of permissions plugin (or any clone) is possible, but not necessary.
    Uses Spout for chest logging (but it's fully optional, and there is no need for the client mod at all).

Features:
    • Logging for block placing, block braking, fire, explosions, leaves decay, signtexts, lava flow and chest content
    • Very mighty commands system, not only allowing to rollback and redo, but also to tp to blockchanges, delete log ingame etc. Full list of commands.
    • Many parameters for lookup/rollback/redo/tp/clearlog commands: Block changes of one ore more player, in a specific area, in a world edit selection, specific block types only, block changes older or newer that a specific date, destroyed/created block only, in a different world and combinations of all these parameters. Full list of parameters.
    • Rebuilding map after importing a backup (/lb redo)
    • Last parameter to use the parameters of the last command
    • Quick ingame lookup of block history a wood pickaxe or a bedrock block.
    • All commands accessible from console (exept tools :D)
    • Custom queries for tools.
    • Different tool modes (lookup, rollback, redo, writelogfile and clearlog)
    • Saves block data like wool color, log type, torch adjustment, etc
    • Multiworld and multiserver support (some servers sharing the same database)
    • BigBrother log import
    • Loggable super pickaxe plugin (not to confuse with WorldEdit's super pickaxe)
    • API
    • Webstats
    Why to use LogBlock:

Example commands: (thanks to tha d0ctor, read more about commands here)

/lb rollback player fire since 1d3h – rolls back fire 1 day 3 hours
    /lb rollback player fire since 1d3h area 15 – rolls back fire 1 day 3 hours within a radius of 15 blocks

/lb rollback player thad0ctor since 1h - rolls back thad0ctor 1 hour
    /lb rollback player thad0ctor since 1d area 5 – rolls back thad0ctor actions for the last day within 5 blocks
    /lb rollback area 10 since 1h30m - rolls back all modifications within 10 blocks since the list 1 hours and 30 mins
    /lb rollback area 10 before 06.11.2011 - roll back all changes in an area of 1o before June 11th, 2011
    /lb rollback player thad0ctor since 05:36:00 - roll back all changes of thad0ctor since 05:36 (server time)

Download, Command, Configuration and Details:
    [​IMG]http://diddiz.insane-architects.net/logblock.php

Changelog:
    -> Full changelog
    • LogBlock v1.50 # 81 (Dez. 13, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1
      • Feature: /lb me shows the total block count
      • Feature: Chest logging without spout
      • Feature: Enderdragon logging
      • Feature: Logging for tree and mushroom grow (thanks to MD5 for the api)
      • Fix: Area param works again with default radius
      • Fix: Rollbacks got slowed down a bit to avoid rare server crashes
      • Fix: If mysql username, password or database only consist of unquoted numbers, LB will read them now
      • Config: World configs changed totally, some names changed and all logging options are now in an own section
    • LogBlock v1.41 #63 (Nov. 15, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1337
      • Fix: Players with spawnTools permission are no longer allowed to spawn all tools.
      • Fix: Added a check to avoid "The permission xy is already defined!" errors
    • LogBlock v1.40 #60 (Nov. 09, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1337
      • Feature: Custom auto ClearLog
      • Feature: Reduced error spam. Instead of like 40 line of error code, there is now just a warning stating the MySQL con
      • Feature: The queue will now be dumped after 10 tries even when the MySQL server is connected
      • Feature: Custom material names, allows naming custom blocks
      • Feature: LogBlock will now respond to messages when started without MySQL connection
      • Fix: Log import runs now async
      • Fix: Log import errors won't crash the server
      • Fix: Console commands work again
      • Fix: You can now use upper case letter in tool names (I don't know why you even should, but ...)
      • Config: Added clearlog.auto, clearlog.enableAutoClearlog in main config. Added materials.yml. Removed clearlog.keepLogDays
      • Permissions: Added 'logblock.spawnTools'
    • LogBlock v1.32 (Oct. 04, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1240
      • Feature: Player info logging: firstLogin, lastLogin, onlinetime, ip. No ingame lookup yet.
      • Feature: /lb queuesize to see the current queue size
      • Fix: Door logging logs now also fence gates
      • Fix: Bukkit api break in CB #1191
      • Fix: time restriction works now as intended. Thanks to xrobau
      • Fix: Players with insufficient permissions can't smuggle bedrock from one world to another
      • Config: Added logPlayerInfo
    • LogBlock v1.30 (Sep. 22, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1185
      • Feature: Chat lookup /lb chat player diddiz search +admin +sucks +dicks (more info)
      • Feature: Door logging
      • Feature: Dynamic tools, define your own tools
      • Feature: Use since and before to define a timespan
      • Feature: Enderman logging
      • Feature: cake logging (who ate it)
      • Config: Added logEndermen, logCakes and logDoors to world config and moved the tool section in main config.
      • Permissions: logblock.tool changed to logblock.tools.tool and
        logblock.toolblock to logblock.tools.toolblock.
    Todo List:

https://github.com/LogBlock/LogBlock/issues

Permission Nodes:
    https://github.com/LogBlock/LogBlock/wiki/Permissions

Plugins supporting Logblock:
    List (open)

When you want to appear your plugin here, tell me about

Support the developer (that's me :D):
    If you want to support me writing plugins or want to thank me for the plugin/support, you can: Suggest features I missed, report bugs (best with fix :D), donate via PayPal, flattr my plugins, gift me The Witcher 2 (thanks to newyoukdaily), 2x 1GB DDR1 modules (thanks to HonestFlames), or send me the inner life of a laptop or netbook with a broken display (need it to build a model aircraft, so there is no need for parts like display and keyboard).

[​IMG]

How to post error messages:

I won't aswer questions to general MySQL setup/installation/what is MySQL (there are lots of good tutorials out there, use google)
    Please read the installation guide before asking a question about installation problems.
    Please read the FAQ before posting a error report. It may be solved there.
    In case of rollback or lookup problems: Type /lb savequeue and try again (when it's fixed then, it was a consumer problem, see FAQ)
    When you post error messages, it's important to paste the whole stack trace!

Advertizing:
    Newyorkdailys Plugin Support Buisness (open)
    Still can't get LogBlock working, or any other plugin? Are you getting errors in your console and cant figure out why? Newyorkdaily offers Basic/Advanced Plugin support.
    • General/Advanced troubleshooting: FREE!
    • Plugin Installations: 1-2 Plugins - FREE!
    • 3 or More Plugins - $2
    Click on the link below to connect to him now!
    http://wbe001.mibbit.com/?settings=7cb4fd3cdd72754df475fb92a0b65f6c&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=#CBPluginSupport

There is a LogBlock irc channel: #logblock at irc.esper.net.
    You can ask me on skype. My name is 'hawky.diddiz'.

2. Offline

oliverw92

My console keeps getting spammed with this:

11:20:45 [SEVERE] [LogBlock Consumer] Failed to get generated keys
    11:20:48 [SEVERE] [LogBlock Consumer] Failed to get generated keys
    11:20:54 [SEVERE] [LogBlock Consumer] Failed to get generated keys

3. Offline

DiddiZ

Would be interesting, but would require a custom build of BB.
    That's a sevre issue. LB isn't able to get the auto incremented id from the mysql server.
    It's most likely a problem with the MySQL server.
    Disable signtext and/or chest logging to avoid.

4. Offline

OrtwinS

Hi, perhaps other have asked this before, but I cant figure this out.

I want to rollback changes by a player, in an area, in a timeframe, so I do
    //lb rollback playerarea [name] 20 time 00:10:00
    according to the command list this should rollback withing a radius of 20, for the last 10 hours, but it doesn't work, what do I do wrong?

Logblocks commands are not as logical as BBs were...
    why not just: /lb rollback [name|* |environment] and optional 'r:10' and 't:10m5h1d' wouldnt that be a lot more logical and simpler than having to use all those different commands for rollback player, rollback playerarea, rollback area...
    just leave away the [name] node to make it count for everything, or leave away the r: to make it count worldwide.

#$%^&* and if I do /lb rollback area 5, it only rolls back for 30 minutes! Why? I want to rollback for hours, sorry, I'm getting really frustrated...

5. Offline

DiddiZ

/lb rollback playerarea name 30 10 hours
    I know, commands are under heavy construction, the new commandssystem will be way more flexible and intuitiv. (Will also allow custom commands!)

6. Offline

OrtwinS

Thank you!
    Logblock really saved my server, BB is repaired now but I do not really want to take the effort to compare/reconfigure etc. Also, using BB we also had slight lag issues, those are gone now.

It is so incredible satisfying to be able to -click-, ah, alex did it, and /ban alex, /lb rollback alex, done :D

Unfortunately, we get another schism between two plugins who should actually be the same...
    first Permissions-Groupmanager, now its BigBrother-Logblock

7. Offline

oliverw92

So theres no other way to fix it? We kinda need chest logging

8. Offline

DiddiZ

Well, I read it could sometimes help to update the column.
    So alter the column id's data type to bigint and than back to an unsigned int.
    Don't know if it could help.

9. Offline

oliverw92

Ok i've been testing it a bit more. We have multiple worlds on our server, all logging. The new worlds were implemented yesterday, however one of them was imported, along with its logblock tables. None of the worlds error except the imported one. I deleted both the sign and chest tables and let them get remade, but it still errors. Did you adjust the database scheme in one of the last few updates? Here is the scheme of the imported world-table:

Code:
    CREATE TABLE `atrium1` (
      `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
      `date` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
      `playerid` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      `replaced` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      `type` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      `data` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      `x` smallint(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      `y` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      `z` smallint(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
      KEY `coords` (`y`,`x`,`z`),
      KEY `date` (`date`)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=231 ;

10. Offline

DiddiZ

@SgtSpike @oliverw92
    Death (Kill) logging is done. There is a config wheither LB should log player killed player, monster killed player, player killed monster or player or monster killed animal.
    The table stucture is:
    id, date, killer, victim, weapon
    killer and victin colums refers to the playerid in lb-players and weapon is the item id.
    Will come with next release.
    The structure looks fine. I didn't change the table structure since 0.7b. By now I think the problem refers to the id column in the main table. Try optimizing the table (this rebuilds the whole table):
    Code:
    OPTIMIZE TABLE atrium1;

11. Offline

oliverw92

Death logging sounds awesome!

12. Offline

woox2k

Hello and i want to say it's awesome plugin, i use it on my all servers and it works perfectly... exept..
    now i got to my request ... Is there any way to start logging blocks on damage not on block break?
    Most of you already ask: "Why you would need that?" and reason is that i made a Creative plugin for beta with instant mining (user just needs to damage block and server removes it) But for Logblock this block never get's broken and that means no logging.
    Maybe configuration option to enable onblockdamage logging?.. I know i'm just one guy requesting something like that but you never know :D

But anyway i hope for the best and keep up the good work!

13. Offline

DiddiZ

There is a instabreak boolean in the block damage event. I didn't try that yet, but it's possible that bukkit fires the block destroyed hook afterwards.

Platin likes this.
  14. Offline

woox2k

Thanks for quick anver!
    I tried "event.setInstaBreak(true);" but it didn't improve my situation at all (BlockBreak event is still not called when someone removes block)

15. Offline

DiddiZ

Hm, was worth a shot.
    But instabreak is a value I can watch for (doesn't make much sense to log direcly each damanged block, at least it would spam multiple breaks).
    Will add a listener for instabreak. Or at least will explore the possibilities.

16. Offline

woox2k

This would be fine for me and thanks ahead for doing that (at least trying to) for just one persons request :D If you get it added then i can start my creative server without constant fear of griefers!

17. Offline

DiddiZ

That requires only 9 lines of code :D
    10, if you count a '}' as line.

EDIT: Added and will come with next release.

I tested that: Found it working!
    event.setInstaBreak(true);
    Broken blocks appear in log as intended.
    With my newly written instabreak listener LB logs insta broken blocks twice :D Will remove this again.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  18. Offline

woox2k

Oh now i feel really stupid, i used "event.setInstaBreak(true);" correctly when i was testing it, but i forgot to remove "event.setCancelled(true);"... it was night here and it seems tiredness messes up stuff.

Anyway, thanks for wasting your time on my problem!

19. Offline

DiddiZ

I know that condition too :D
    But it gaves me the idea to implement an api there other plugins can queue blockchanges too.

20. Offline

woox2k

With that u gave me a new idea/request... is it possible to make an API so other plugins can read block logs too?
    It would give alot of possibilities to make plugins without creating huge log system before (like block protection or something like that)
    For example i would create plugin so players could protect their buildings... like i would just need to write onBlockdamage check who modified this block with logblock and allow it or cancel this event.
    Also it would help to create custom filters and addons for it.
    It's alot of work but still i think it's not bad idea...

It was just an idea... no need to take it seriously :)

21. Offline

DiddiZ

It's actually that, what a meant with 'api' in my last post :D
    And it shouldn'r require more than a few lines of code.

22. Offline

woox2k

Ok failed to understand your post then ... waiting forward for it :)
    Also now logging works perfectly on my creative (alot of griefers already banned and damage rollbacked)

23. Offline

yottabyte

Using v0.12c I keep getting these messages

Code:
    15:53:32 [INFO] [LogBlock Consumer] Queue overloaded. Size: 183

Do I just ignore it?

24. Offline

DiddiZ

Yup, except the size is increasing, then you should lower the delay value in config.

25. Offline

yottabyte

For some reason I can't rollback a lot of stuff. It's really odd because if I check the block history everything is logged but it doesn't rollback. Everything being rollbacked is like one sign. Any idea?

26. Offline

DiddiZ

Hm, what command are you using and what does LB say when you try to rollback ("Rolling back [..].", "Undid [...]?

27. Offline

yottabyte

I'm using /lb rollback playerarea <player> 50 2 days in this case
    Chat gives me this http://i.imgur.com/qEHkq.png

However, nothing changes. Tried a number of commands like rollback player, selection etc. Nothing seems to work.

28. Offline

DiddiZ

Looks good so far. What does the history of a block that should but not did rollback?

29. Offline

yottabyte

The history just stays the same. I may have figured something out though.
    Both of these rollbacks have had tnt near them. We don't log explosions as of yet, could it be that the tnt has exploded and that did something to the rollback later?

30. Offline

DiddiZ

With history I meant the history of a destroyed block which was expected to rollback but didn't.
    When you dont log explosions you won't be able to rollback exploded blocks.

31. Offline

ill0gic0

Ciao!! which command to see who accessed a chest in a given area? Thanks!!